Disclaimer89's English Premier League Chairman Game - FM 2015 Edition

WestHam.png.aspx

The Hammers:

West Ham's season is taking on the form of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.

One moment they are playing some beautiful attacking football, the next they are replicating the style of teams in the North Korean 8th tier.

View attachment 238520

September turned out to be a better month that the one before, 2 wins out of 3 in the league and another victory in the Europa League, (the only downside was being knocked out of the Capital one Cup)

October was a mixed month, 1 win out of the 3 league games, albeit a smashing victory over Sunderland, and then 2 more wins in the Europa League.

West Ham find themselves in 16th place in the league, way off their target, but top of Group F in Europe.

View attachment 238518

Rumours have been spreading that The Queen has been having secret meetings with Eddie Howe who recently was fired from Bournemouth, only time will tell if this means their manager will be replaced.

Short Update From Cameron
In a brief interview yesterday, david cameron spoke about his recent side's form. After apparently being becoming ill due to 'cannibal related diseases', he was delirious for much of the interview, muttering about muffins and big macs. During the brief time(s) he was lucid, he said this: "Not a single win in our last 7 league games, is absolutely not muffin enough! Our league form is suffering thanks no doubt to the europa league, but that's no excuse. Sherwood will be leaving, and leaving BIG maCSSSSS soon.

Aston Villa are currently bottom of the premier league.

I'll get an update done today! Should I wait for November first though? :)

220px-Cardiff_City_Crest_2015.jpg

Cardiff keep progressing

Cardiff keep performing well as they strive for Premier league survival. The club only had 3 league games this month but they were still able to gain 6 points and keep the club in mid table. Cardiff also faced Everton in the Capital One Cup.

Cardiff 3 – 0 Crystal Palace

An impressive score line from an impressive game for Cardiff as they were able to dominate the chances against Crystal palace. Goals from the clubs 3 main strikers (Austin, Macheda and Guerra) meant the club were able to secure another win at home.

Fulham 2 – 0 Cardiff

A poor performance and poor result in a game that Cardiff must be more competitive in if they are aiming for survival. The stats show that Fulham dominated the game and rightfully gained all 3 points. Cardiff need to find a way to improve their away record if they want to become more consistent in the league.

Cardiff 2 – 1 Man Utd
A massive result for Cardiff as they secured a win against one of the biggest teams in the league. 2 goals from summer signing
Charlie Austin proved to make the difference in a pretty tight game. Although Man Utd were able to dominate possession, Cardiff were able to create plenty of chances and ended up having more shots in the game than their opposition. This result is made even more impressive with the fact that Cardiff had a man sent off with over 30 minutes of the game left to go.

Everton 3 -2 Cardiff (Capital One Cup)

This loss ends Cardiffs hopes of lifting the first major trophy of the season. A late winner from McAleny gave Everton the win and Cardiff will be left wondering of what could have been as they decided to rest a few first team players for the league.

The new Cardiff chairman had this to say about the clubs start to the season. “The Cardiff City Stadium is beginning to become a fortress as we boast one of the best home records in the league which is impressive considering the club are predicted to be relegated quite comfortably. We need to improve our away record however and I expect to see this happen over the season. I am impressed with Russell Slade’s start to the season but he knows I have high expectations and he does not have the luxury of being able to relax otherwise I will look to bring in a new manager.”

Last edited:
Manchester City Update November

View attachment 922812

A perfect month for us, pellegrini and the lads really stepped up closing the gap to only 6 points now and bringing us up into 7th​ and with aguero returning to full fitness soon don’t write off a title challenge just yet despite our slow start to the season.

In the champions league we have two wins from two both tight 1-0 victories with bony scoring against galatasaray and dzeko scoring against bate.

In the premier league we start with a 2-1 victory game at home against qpr. Another conceded in the first minute of the match, an area we clearly to need to work on however our superior fitness paid off with dzeko and milner scoring two goals late in the match.

Next was aston villa this time we scored in the first minute of the match taking a weakness and turning it into a strength against a team in poor form at the moment. Volland and youngster Donyoh also grabbed a goal.

And finally our most difficult fixture of the month ended in another win. Volland and Kane scored for both sides early on, the surprise moment of the match however was when yaya toure got himself sent off and was doing so poorly it seemed to regurgitate the team into allowing yet again youngster Donyoh to score (one for the future perhaps?)

Lots of games coming in December, with lots of fixtures where we should be picking up 3 points such as Leicester, hull, reading topped off with a home game against Chelsea its going to be a fascinating month!

In terms of players performances Silva and company continue to excel I would expect nothing less both averaging in their last 5 games average performances of above 7.65. On the opposite end of the scale fernandinho and managala both struggle to perform and will likely be sold at the end of the season possibly in January if a right buyer can be found.

thumb-no-image-2.jpg

Liverpool huge updates
We certainly improve our results and I hope we can continue. We got good wins agaisnt cardiff, man city, reading, stoke crystal palace. We got draws with chelsea and sunderland. The sunderland game should have been a win for us but mignolet suck that day with a bad rating. We lost arsenal and westham which is dissapointing but I think we can continue our good form.

Player performance
Roberto firmino haven't performed yet but I think it is the manager's fault as he don't give him that much chances. Giroud been scoring and I think he can continue his scoring form.

Aims
win fulham, aston villa, qpr, tottenham, newcastle and hull.
Draw man utd
points I hope to get= 15

Short Update from Cameron
Cameron, who is steadily recovering from his illness gave another update about his teams fortunes recently. "Well after we fired that useless ***** Sherwood, and replaced him with the lovely Morten Olsen who resigned from his role as manager of denmark just to join us, we've finally won! The last game we won was the first game of the season, believe it or not but a victory against Cardiff put us on EIGHT whole points! Sure, we lost to city but they're all overpaid idiots anyway. Meanwhile in the Europa League, we won against Trabzonspor we're now through to the next round, guaranteed. Somehow, we're unbeaten in the Europa league. We may well end up being the first championship side in the champions league! Imagine that! Now, get me a big mac filled with human brains.

Top of the League

View attachment 237815
Arsenal hit top of the league after solid November
After a couple of decent months, we managed to bring some much needed wins from the tight games in November, to put us top of an extremely even league. Things are not only golden, however, as we've managed to make a hash of a tight Champions League group.
View attachment 923296

Chelsea 3 - 0 Arsenal
We begin our summary way back in September with a crushing defeat. We can't seem to get results against Chelsea or City and this game was no different. Wenger sent out a naive lineup with Cazorla and Ramsey in central midfield, and we were dominated from the start. This goes to show that we may still be lacking that key solid midfielder that can do the dirty work for us.

Arsenal 3 - 3 Man City
We were comfortably 3-1 up with 10 minutes to go here. And then Sakho managed to get sent off, and it all fell apart. At 3-1 up in the 60th minute, Wenger used up all his subs too, bringing on the likes of Cazorla, when all we needed was to make sure to tighten up. We conceded in the 84th and 86th minute, to lose 2 points. City scoring 3 goals from their only 3 shots on target, as Ter Stegen had a shocker. This may very well come back to haunt us in May. It was pleasing to see both Sturridge and Aboubakar getting on the scoresheet, as well as Ramsey adding another goal.

Arsenal 3 - 2 West Brom
Another game that was made too close for comfort. A double from Sturridge and an early Sanchez goal should have made the game safe, but we let West Brom back into the game after goals from wonderkid Gimenez and one of the signings of the season last year, Gomis. We held firm at the end, after a key performance from Ter Stegen, and got all 3 points.

Arsenal 3 - 1 West Ham
We started October with yet another home game, comfortably beating our London (and family) rivals West Ham. Yet another Sturridge goal, as well as contributions from Aboubakar and Özil gave us a 3-0 lead, and a late goal from big Andy Carroll was only a consolation. Frustrating that we can't seem to keep a clean sheet despite investing heavily in defence this year.

Sunderland 2 - 2 Arsenal
One of our most trusted transfer partners is becoming somewhat of a bogey team for us. We always struggle at the Stadium of Light, and gave away another 2 points here. With 30 minutes to go, goals from Sanchez and Ramsey had put us 2-1 up, and Jonathan Silva's second yellow, meant we were facing 10 men. We still couldn't hold on, however, as Jenkinson was the one to come back to haunt us this time, scoring his second ever senior goal.

Arsenal 2 - 0 Liverpool
We finally kept a clean sheet! Szczesny was back in goal for this one, and had a good game to deny a wasteful Giroud. When a former Gunner couldn't do the business for Liverpool, a former Red did the job for Arsenal. Two quick Sterling goals gave us a solid win, against a Liverpool side that look stronger than last year.

Stoke 1 - 1 Arsenal
In true Arsenal-fashion, we struggled at the Britannia. Özil gave us a second-half lead, but loanee James Wilson equalized 13 minutes from time to make it a draw. Fair play to Stoke who created the most chances, and deserved at least a draw. For once, I can't say I'm too disappointed, despite Stoke having a tough season.

Arsenal 3 - 1 Crystal Palace
3-1 seems to be our standard result against mid-table sides at home. This was, however, a bit tighter than the result may show. We got a rare penalty early on, and Bainsey made no mistake to score what is surprisingly his first goal for the club. Unsettled Ukrainian winger Konoplyanka looked like he had secured the win when he scored 13 minutes from time, but as has become the case for the last couple of seasons, our old players always score against us. This was no different, as Arsenal "legend" Yaya Sanogo scored his first goal for Palace only 2 minutes after Konoplyanka's goal. Sanchez made sure of the win with a goal 1 minute from time, and we picked up our first 3 points of November.

Fulham 0 - 1 Arsenal
Despite a lot of decent results, during these months, it's strange to feel that this might be the one I'm most pleased with. I feel what we lack as a squad is to be able to grind out those tight 1-0 wins from the even matches. To be gritty and cynical when it's needed is generally considered un-Wengeresque, but this performance was just that. A MoM performance from Marquinhos, and a Özil goal made it 6 out of 6 points in November.

Arsenal 2 - 0 Man Utd
Two clean sheets in a row! What is happening?!? We were solid at the back once again, restricting free-scoring Man Utd to only 3 shots on target. And when Sanchez was on form, scoring a brace, as well as November's BPL Player of the Month Leighton Baines having a great game, winning MoM, there was no stopping us in this game. I have to finally give some credit to Arsene after this game. Learning from the City Game, he made 3 changes as we went 2-0 up, bringing on left back Gaya to play left winger, and bringing on McCarthy to sure up the midfield, to secure the 3 points.

View attachment 923299

Arsenal 1 - 2 Monaco
We kicked off our CL campaign in shocking style, giving away the points at home to Monaco. We had the most shots, better chances, and had control of the game, but Monaco took their chances and gave us a tough start.

PSV 0 - 3 Arsenal
Hendrix managed to get himself sent off in the 1st minute for PSV, and gave us an easy game. A brace from Sturridge, and a Sterling goal gave us a solid win, as PSV played the last 40 minutes with 9 men. Now to build on this!

Arsenal 1 - 0 Dortmund
Vincent Aboubakar may well save our whole group stage with his goal here. We left it late, but taking the lead 15 minutes from time was enough to put us ahead of Dortmund, and fighting for top spot in our group.

Dortmund 1 - 0 Arsenal
Payback is a b*tch! Hot-head Sakho got himself sent off after 9 minutes here, and we couldn't find a way back after an early Immobile goal. So much for top spot in the group, now we've got to focus on going through.

Monaco 2 - 1 Arsenal
And we've made going through anything but straight forward. Monaco seem to have our number, as yet again they got the result in a very even game. We should have had at least 2 points from these two games, but end up with 0. Still, a win against PSV at home in our final game will secure qualification, albeit as second placed in our group. If things stay as they are, that means we will face Bayern, Shakhtar, Barcelona, Villareal, Real Madrid or Genoa in the knockout stage. We have to be prepared for a very tough draw :(

View attachment 923305
Leicester 2 - 2 Arsenal
(3-5 after penalties)
Despite playing a strong 11 here, we struggled to hold on after going 2-0 up. A Leicester side that have had a brilliant start to the season, came back after goals from forward duo Long & Ulloa. In the end, Ter Stegen saved 3 penalties, as our own player, Bellerin, was the only one to score for Leicester.

Aston Villa 1 - 3 Arsenal
For once, we were lucky here. 3 goals from 4 shots on target. We were 2-0 up after 9 minutes, thanks to a brace from Sanchez. 6 minutes later, Villa were back in the game, but also down to 10 men. A Pelle penalty was swiftly followed by a red card to Joe Bennett. Aboubakar scoring his 2nd cup goal in his 2nd game gave us the win, and sets us up for a quarter final meeting with Reading, where we have to play away from home yet again.

View attachment 237805
Transfer window approaching:
Prince Harry wishes to inform all clubs that he will want to cut the squad quite a bit in the January transfer window, especially defensively, where we have too many players. Almost all defensive players can be available at the right price (some exceptions) and there may well be some outgoings in the midfield department as well. So if you have cash to spend, make sure to take a look at the Gunners! (take a look in the reserves as well, as a couple of our senior players have been training there to recover from injuries)

Struggling to download the save atm (shifty WiFi), can someone tell me how Chelsea did in the cl?

Struggling to download the save atm (shifty WiFi), can someone tell me how Chelsea did in the cl?

You beat Plzen 4-0 and Sporting 3-0. Tied for 1st with Genoa before facing them at home in your final match.

Back