Do you Believe In God

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 63K

What would you Describe your Self As ?

• Athiest

Votes: 230 51.7%
  • Religous (what ever Religion that May be)

Votes: 135 30.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 72 16.2%
  • Thiest

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters
oO) what? are you talking about one of liverpools owner or what.
could you explain what you mean?
No, I was referring to legendary American comedian Bill Hicks. You quoted him almost verbatim, so I thought you had it from him :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qmglGWMsdk"]YouTube- It Seemed So Plausible[/ame]

Hello,

I haven't posted here since February like but I do need to reply to this

First of all

Religious and Thiest are the same thing.

I am most certainly not religious. I don't want anyone to blast me for what I say as they are MY opinions.

I just cannot believe there is a God. Religion was there centuries ago to explain why things were how they were, but these were the same people that believed the world was flat and you would fall off the edge of the horizon. Some people called Peter, Mark and Matthew decided to write some stories about a bloke called Jesus and decide that he can feed 5000 people with 2 loaves of bread and 5 fish, I mean come on!

The Christians then tell us not to take these stories literally! This annoys me as it's their ****** book which they go on what happened in history. Each different denomination then tells us they only read certain parts of the bible and each denomination believes in different things, it's meant to be the same religion! how can it be different at all.

There are so many contradictions in the Bible such as God is meant to be loving and forgiving yet he doesn't let Moses into the promised land and floods the world in the Noah's Ark story.

It does my head in when people shout on the streets at me saying I am going to **** because I am not religious.

A certain Christian told me I was going to **** andso I quesioned him on other religions as he was saying Christianity was right so I said what about other religions. He then replyed that they are all wrong and Christianity is the only right way (Sean/Lee ----> Wheeler)

Also a Muslim said he didn't used to be religious then chose Islam. I asked him why and he said because it's the only right way. I asked him why it's the only right way and he said because Islam is right. These people from whatever religion annoy me because they think their way is the only right way yet can't answer why.

Doesn't half annoy me religion. I don't mind religious people that are quiet about it and go to the Church/Synagogue/Temple and don't preach to me about it that's fine but it's the annoying ones that preach and there's plenty of them. They can do it to me yet when I start saying my Athiest views, I am being f**king racist.

Religion is not needed, science can answer many more questions and scientific proof proves religion is wrong and answers questions which people made up with religion many centuries ago.

Oh and Christianity stole many Pagan rituals/festivals

Jesus wasn't born in December, if anything if he existed it was around ****** July. They stole the Pagans Winter Equinox festival for Christmas to convert many Pagans to Christianity. Same with Easter. How the bleeding **** can Jesus die on a different ****** day every year!!!! Easter is actually the Pagan festival Eastre.

I was forced to sing hymns everyday in Primary school in assembly, was so annoying.

I am expecting comments saying I am racist, but I am really not and if I do it will prove my f**king point!

50% athiests like on here, thats pretty sound

Hardcore Superstar - We don't celebrate sundays. Class song, even if you don't like rock, have a look at the lyrics

If some religious person wants to argue with me then answer this, why weren't the dinosaurs mentioned in the Bible/Qu'ran. Isralites did not build the Pyramids, the Egytians did it themselves

On a final note - many of the modern wars of today are caused by religion.

i don't see how anyone could claim you're racist.

i didn't mean to qouate bill hicks but it seems like i kind of did.

Last edited:
1.A certain Christian told me I was going to **** andso I quesioned him on other religions as he was saying Christianity was right so I said what about other religions. He then replyed that they are all wrong and Christianity is the only right way (Sean/Lee ----> Wheeler)

Also a Muslim said he didn't used to be religious then chose Islam. I asked him why and he said because it's the only right way. I asked him why it's the only right way and he said because Islam is right. These people from whatever religion annoy me because they think their way is the only right way yet can't answer why.

2.Religion is not needed, science can answer many more questions and scientific proof proves religion is wrong and answers questions which people made up with religion many centuries ago.

3.Oh and Christianity stole many Pagan rituals/festivals

4.Jesus wasn't born in December, if anything if he existed it was around ****** July. They stole the Pagans Winter Equinox festival for Christmas to convert many Pagans to Christianity. Same with Easter. How the bleeding **** can Jesus die on a different ****** day every year!!!! Easter is actually the Pagan festival Eastre.

5.I was forced to sing hymns everyday in Primary school in assembly, was so annoying.

I am expecting comments saying I am racist, but I am really not and if I do it will prove my f**king point!

Hardcore Superstar - We don't celebrate sundays. Class song, even if you don't like rock, have a look at the lyrics

If some religious person wants to argue with me then answer this, why weren't the dinosaurs mentioned in the Bible/Qu'ran. Isralites did not build the Pyramids, the Egytians did it themselves

1. How do you find this hard to understand. If someone believes in something he believes in that thing and therefore all other ideas are irrelevant.
2. Religion is not only there to tell how god made this earth but it is also a guideline to live. Sure you could start with christianity and about how they did horrifieng things, but they didn't keep track of their own christian ethics, this is why I also consider Christianity an ignorant religion. And you could also say that Islam teaches men and women to be unequal but you must see it is a totally different culture in which we should not interfere. And I'm not very familiar with Asian religions but they are also guidelines for example to live a good live to get reincarnated in a nice way. Anyhow, just to say religion is bad is ignorant. Religion is not bad, humankind acts bad.
3. Agreed
4. Agreed
5. Silly argument

then I get sidetracked by strange arguments. You say many wars are caused by religion but I don't see this. You could say for example U.S.'s war on terror (christians fighting Islam). Even if this was the case it would only be because the christian americans don't understand their 'opponents' religion. But I think most wars are caused by differences in culture. Most rebellion wars are because of different ethnic groups who often share the same religion but do not have the same roots or background. Wars between neighbouring countries can also be explained by 'cultural' wars, not caused by a difference in religion.

Also on the stuff I didn't comment on in the upper half of the text. I find the Bible misleading as it is now to. Since the bible is only the one half that has been told, and that part was damaged in King James's time of age.

Last edited:
1) Jah Live!
2) Rastafari could be considered a religion, though for me it's more a way of life
3) You just feel it

@ mccloskey14
That's ****
@ point/cointerpoint
But that is not neccesarily the god you trust in. I mean I feel more like God created zion and earth and gave man dominion over all things, from there it's up to your body and mind what happens. that does not mean there can not be ilnisses and you still have to watch your rasklaat when you cross the street.
Though I agree with you on the growing up part. Seek the truth for thyself. I was bapised too but I am not a christian.
@ Luikang911
It is not the point, when you say why would god create people that don't believe in him. God created people and people are to foolish to recognise god as has happened to jesus christ and haile selassi I their own people in their time did not recognise them as sons of god, just a handfull
@ The Hig
So for you that counts, if you don't believe then don't treat god different from your examples. But for those that do believe in any god, that's different

"You speak of Rastafari, but how can you justify belief
In a god that's left you behind?

You've simply filled the gap between the upper and lower class
And your faith merely keeps you in line.
An amalgamation of jewish scripture and christian thought.
What will that get you? Not a **** of a lot.
Take a look at your promised land.
Your deed is that gun in your hand.
Mt. Zion's a minefield. The West Bank. The Gaza Strip."

I've bolded the first two lines as it applies to you.

The Rastafari movement worships and is founded upon divinity that has passed away. The figure your movement was based on is dead.

"Although such prominent Rastafari figures as Rita Marley and others participated in the grand funeral, most Rastafari rejected the event and refused to accept that the bones were the remains of Haile Selassie. There remains some debate within the Rastafari movement as to whether Haile Selassie actually died in 1975" (Wikipedia)

The naivety is pretty sad. So what necessarily are you reasons for belief in a God that has left you behind?

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

what the ****.
i'm more than a little confused.

what the ****. if you don't believe in god you are an atheist. thats the definition of an atheist.

The definition of atheist is actually: a LACK of belief in god. It doesn't mena you have to regret belief in god altogether.

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Hello,

I haven't posted here since February like but I do need to reply to this

First of all

Religious and Thiest are the same thing.

I am most certainly not religious. I don't want anyone to blast me for what I say as they are MY opinions.

I just cannot believe there is a God. Religion was there centuries ago to explain why things were how they were, but these were the same people that believed the world was flat and you would fall off the edge of the horizon. Some people called Peter, Mark and Matthew decided to write some stories about a bloke called Jesus and decide that he can feed 5000 people with 2 loaves of bread and 5 fish, I mean come on!

The Christians then tell us not to take these stories literally! This annoys me as it's their ****** book which they go on what happened in history. Each different denomination then tells us they only read certain parts of the bible and each denomination believes in different things, it's meant to be the same religion! how can it be different at all.

There are so many contradictions in the Bible such as God is meant to be loving and forgiving yet he doesn't let Moses into the promised land and floods the world in the Noah's Ark story.

It does my head in when people shout on the streets at me saying I am going to **** because I am not religious.

A certain Christian told me I was going to **** andso I quesioned him on other religions as he was saying Christianity was right so I said what about other religions. He then replyed that they are all wrong and Christianity is the only right way (Sean/Lee ----> Wheeler)

Doesn't half annoy me religion. I don't mind religious people that are quiet about it and go to the Church/Synagogue/Temple and don't preach to me about it that's fine but it's the annoying ones that preach and there's plenty of them. They can do it to me yet when I start saying my Athiest views, I am being f**king racist.

Religion is not needed, science can answer many more questions and scientific proof proves religion is wrong and answers questions which people made up with religion many centuries ago.

Oh and Christianity stole many Pagan rituals/festivals

Jesus wasn't born in December, if anything if he existed it was around ****** July. They stole the Pagans Winter Equinox festival for Christmas to convert many Pagans to Christianity. Same with Easter. How the bleeding **** can Jesus die on a different ****** day every year!!!! Easter is actually the Pagan festival Eastre.

I was forced to sing hymns everyday in Primary school in assembly, was so annoying.

Where the **** does race come into it? I don't knwo whether it's your misunderstanding or someone else's but race doesn't equal religious preference.

"You speak of Rastafari, but how can you justify belief
In a god that's left you behind?
You've simply filled the gap between the upper and lower class
And your faith merely keeps you in line.
An amalgamation of jewish scripture and christian thought.
What will that get you? Not a **** of a lot.
Take a look at your promised land.
Your deed is that gun in your hand.
Mt. Zion's a minefield. The West Bank. The Gaza Strip."

I've bolded the first two lines as it applies to you.

The Rastafari movement worships and is founded upon divinity that has passed away. The figure your movement was based on is dead.

"Although such prominent Rastafari figures as Rita Marley and others participated in the grand funeral, most Rastafari rejected the event and refused to accept that the bones were the remains of Haile Selassie. There remains some debate within the Rastafari movement as to whether Haile Selassie actually died in 1975" (Wikipedia)

The naivety is pretty sad. So what necessarily are you reasons for belief in a God that has left you behind?

You say a God that has left us behind because Haile Selassie I passed away. I see this as exactly the same comment people could make at Christianity with Jesus who died. I don't see people doing that.
I know Jah will live on through spirit HIM is god. Why would I expect Selassie I to be everliving in flesh and blood when I know He is simply build like you and me. But His HIM created zion and earth and then created man to his own likening. His body might be dead but God don't die.
for me i don't believe there is a god, i know there is a god, believing is wrong.

you talk about many things that was in the bible. Read the bible with overstanding. I do not think it was written by "god himself through men", it was written and first told by eye-witnesses... then it was written down and copied again and again, like most of the old african history books.
What we know today as the gospels are just copies and copies and copies of long lost originals.
It is clear that the euro-christians translated it so that it fits on their doctrine... but the message is true and clear...
The misinterpretation of the bible is taught all over the western world... you can´t escape it... you hear it from eversince your youthtime. But get rid of that picture and read and learn, the knowledge of the real biblical history, and the history of the book itself.
then what men has done to this earth is bad, no doubt.

As I said in my post I told you Rastafari for me is not like a religion. I know there is a god I can feel it and I don't search for too many answers because who is man to overstand something that a God has done, it can not be something a simple soul could understand. All we got to know is that god's spirit lives in us and there is no use off dwelling in the past we must unite. We could go on debating and we won't get to the same answer anyhow so why bother?

Last edited:
1. How do you find this hard to understand. If someone believes in something he believes in that thing and therefore all other ideas are irrelevant.
2. Religion is not only there to tell how god made this earth but it is also a guideline to live. Sure you could start with christianity and about how they did horrifieng things, but they didn't keep track of their own christian ethics, this is why I also consider Christianity an ignorant religion. And you could also say that Islam teaches men and women to be unequal but you must see it is a totally different culture in which we should not interfere. And I'm not very familiar with Asian religions but they are also guidelines for example to live a good live to get reincarnated in a nice way. Anyhow, just to say religion is bad is ignorant. Religion is not bad, humankind acts bad.
3. Agreed
4. Agreed
5. Silly argument

then I get sidetracked by strange arguments. You say many wars are caused by religion but I don't see this. You could say for example U.S.'s war on terror (christians fighting Islam). Even if this was the case it would only be because the christian americans don't understand their 'opponents' religion. But I think most wars are caused by differences in culture. Most rebellion wars are because of different ethnic groups who often share the same religion but do not have the same roots or background. Wars between neighbouring countries can also be explained by 'cultural' wars, not caused by a difference in religion.

Also on the stuff I didn't comment on in the upper half of the text. I find the Bible misleading as it is now to. Since the bible is only the one half that has been told, and that part was damaged in King James's time of age.

Not going to go into a debate as I've got my points across and I can't be bothered

Just got one question, are you religious?

I don't believe that children should be indoctrinated at such an early age where there so easily guided into something they may not fully understand. Which leads me to believe that Religion schools should be banned and allow for children to mix with each other. Currently in Scotland we have a problem with two major branches of Christianity. Since catholics moved to the UK around 200 years ago in large groups theres been a less than 30% intergration rate between catholic children and the rest of Scotland. I truely believe we wouldn't have such a problem if all children Muslim Jewish and Christian are allowed to intergrate without such interference of religion to harper there growth. However at the age of 18 if those fully grown children wish to decide to follow a religion then they should be allowed but aslong as they don't force it upon there kids or anyone else for that matter who are sceptable [spelling] to being changed.

I don't believe that children should be indoctrinated at such an early age where there so easily guided into something they may not fully understand. Which leads me to believe that Religion schools should be banned and allow for children to mix with each other. Currently in Scotland we have a problem with two major branches of Christianity. Since catholics moved to the UK around 200 years ago in large groups theres been a less than 30% intergration rate between catholic children and the rest of Scotland. I truely believe we wouldn't have such a problem if all children Muslim Jewish and Christian are allowed to intergrate without such interference of religion to harper there growth. However at the age of 18 if those fully grown children wish to decide to follow a religion then they should be allowed but aslong as they don't force it upon there kids or anyone else for that matter who are sceptable [spelling] to being changed.

I agree completely with this.

yes it does it is just a expression to say again what i said already. It is important to know where we come from but in the end we all people and it isn't going to change anything and we have to look forward instead of backwards.
why you don't aks what i mean by it instead of saying it don't mean anything

kris if you want to live your life by starwars then i may join you :P

http://www.jedichurch.org/ <--- not a joke, a real religion.

they even demanded that "international human rights day" should be changed to "interstella human rights day" baha.

My R.E teacher is one of the orignal members, they have there own place of worship in Wimbledon

1) Do you Believe In God

I believe in "God" more than Jesus, although not in the conventional "Adam & Eve" God bullshit story.

2) Are you Religious

No, I despise churches

three reason's I refuse to be religious.

1) It causes so many problems, and wars.
2) We are supposed to believe that we were made in God's imagine? Come on..
3) I don't believe anything in the bible, and as for Jesus, well he's even more bullshit

one reason why I want to believe there is a God.

1) What happens to us when we die? The thought of an eternity of nothing is well quite scary.

I think people should be allowed to make their own mind up, although I think people who are religious, are blind. If you cannot see the proof that your religious is "a lie" (i.e Catholic/ Christianity) then you are blind. I could debate for hours on the subject, but I'm too tired :P

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

that makes no sense at all

I assume he means look towards the future rather than at the past (i.e religion) although to be fair, the future is just as bleak as the past :P

To be fair to religous people i'm pretty sure that most historians believe that jesus actually was a real person, But not the son of god.

They proved Jesus was a real person I think. I don't believe in God as much as I'd like to. If there was such thing as God then I don't think I would have had such a **** start to the year? If there was a God would there be a war in Afghanistan? I respect people's views on religion but I agree with Andy really.

God created the world in 6 days FULL STOP NO ARGUEMENTS

I am Christian and I believe, jesus was the son of god and God created the world

Back