Do you Believe In God

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 63K

What would you Describe your Self As ?

• Athiest

Votes: 230 51.7%
  • Religous (what ever Religion that May be)

Votes: 135 30.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 72 16.2%
  • Thiest

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters
Understanding the concept is not explaining the concept. God is the explanation of a concept, not the concept itself.

Aristotle did a could job Aristotle's scientific method, Physics, Motion, Causality, The Four Causes, Optics, Chance and spontaneity, Metaphysics, Universals and particulars, Biology and medicine etc

No i dont believe in it at all. no prove , lack of evidence ...
its a shady story made up in my opinion...

This is getting really, really frustrating. It has nothing to do with the fact I said Santa, it's the concept behind it. There is NO evidence for the existence of mythical beings. There is NO evidence for the existence of God. You dismiss other mythical beings, because there's no evidence. But then you accept the existence of God, but there's no evidence for that. You CANNOT claim God is real based on the same reason (No evidence) that you dismiss the mythical beings being real. I don't know how else to explain it, you must be trolling me.

God was originally created by man, they wrote a book about him and sold it to the public thousands of years ago. You'll tell me this is nonsense, there's other possibilities. You're correct, but there's no evidence to prove any of those possibilities. You're saying Santa was created by Coca-Cola, prove to me Santa didn't visit a Marketing Exec. which inspired his creation. Sounds insane? You're right. Disprove it? You can't. Yet this is exactly what you are doing with religion.

Your point?

Did read the second bit Saint Nicholas also called Nikolaos of Myra was an historic 4th-century saint and Greek Bishop of Myra (Demre, in Lycia, part of modern-day Turkey).He had a reputation for secret gift-giving, such as putting coins in the shoes of those who left them out for him, and thus became the model for Santa Claus,

My point was he was smart man of his time. Aristotle remains one of the most influential people who ever lived. According to the philosopher Bryan Magee, "it is doubtful whether any human being has ever known as much as he did". Aristotle was the founder of formal logic

Last edited:
Did read the second bit Saint Nicholas also called Nikolaos of Myra was an historic 4th-century saint and Greek Bishop of Myra (Demre, in Lycia, part of modern-day Turkey).He had a reputation for secret gift-giving, such as putting coins in the shoes of those who left them out for him, and thus became the model for Santa Claus,

He became the model. I am putting forward the view of Santa as a mythical being. Stop trolling me, please. The concept I've put forward is extremely simple to understand. You're either in an extremely song sense of denial, trolling me or are failing to see the simplicity in what I am saying.

Can't be bothered to reply again until someone puts forward an actual debatable point. I put forward a simple argument with a simple analogy, and it still hasn't been countered but two pages of people talking rubbish about Santa have been spawned.

EDIT: I understand that, but it still had no purpose in being posted.

Holy books are in no way evidence. It's a source that states something, just because there's no source to state Santa is all powerful, doesn't mean he is not. You're confusing common conceptions of God and Santa as evidence. You cannot differentiate between evidence for Santa and God. You're saying GodCubed's counters are ludicrous, but that's because he's describing impossible events with a being that you believe impossible to exist. It's only possible to describe why we imagine Santa and God as different entities, you cannot provide hard proof for the existence or non-existence of either.

Stop thinking about it as the fact it's Santa, and just consider it as a mythical being.
I didn't claim holy books were evidence and i didn't call godcubeds counters ludicrous.

When you said believing in santa claus is the same as believing in god i assumed you were referring to the common conception of santa claus and the common conception of god. Why wouldn't i?
There are clear difference between the two which make it not the same.

You asked someone to show why believing in santa claus and god aren't the same and now you wan't me to forget about the fact it's santa?

People believe what they want to believe. I personally believe there is a God. i wont get mad at smone sayin they dnt believe in one and thats fine, we r all entitled to our own personal opinions.
Different cultures have different religions & beliefs. everything depends on faith, as in u dnt hv to c him to believe that he exists.

Santa Claus was initially created by Coca-Cola to boost sales, and it worked. This is the true origin of Santa.He is also Saint Nicholas of Myra is the primary inspiration for the Christian figure of Sinterklaas. He was a 4th century Greek Christian bishop of Myra (now Demre) in Lycia, a province of the Byzantine Anatolia, now in Turkey. famed for giving gift to the poor.
This is total rubbish. The Coca-Cola story is nothing more than an urban myth started in America. Coca-Cola i believe invented his modern depiction in red, nothing more.

I didn't claim holy books were evidence and i didn't call godcubeds counters ludicrous.

When you said believing in santa claus is the same as believing in god i assumed you were referring to the common conception of santa claus and the common conception of god. Why wouldn't i?
There are clear difference between the two which make it not the same.

You asked someone to show why believing in santa claus and god aren't the same and now you wan't me to forget about the fact it's santa?

I want people to forget about the fact it's Santa because my argument got derailed into needless discussion about the merits of Santa and God. Of course there's differences, there's differences between every single thing in the world unless it's a perfect copy. The fundamental of the argument doesn't change though. There's no evidence for God, but it's accepted as plausible. There's no evidence for Santa, but anyone believing it will be called insane. Everything bar that is irrelevant

He became the model. I am putting forward the view of Santa as a mythical being. Stop trolling me, please. The concept I've put forward is extremely simple to understand. You're either in an extremely song sense of denial, trolling me or are failing to see the simplicity in what I am saying.

Can't be bothered to reply again until someone puts forward an actual debatable point. I put forward a simple argument with a simple analogy, and it still hasn't been countered but two pages of people talking rubbish about Santa have been spawned.

EDIT: I understand that, but it still had no purpose in being posted.

1st thing the santa thing alot of people have said santa is for kids as a way creating imagination for children there is no faith/religion but you say if you believe in that you must believe in god if you dont god doesnt exist dont forget this is childrens minds not adults, all understand the concept of Santa and God children do not understand.

2nd you wanted evidence of santa there people crop up through history that form the image of Santa in the 4th century called Saint Nicholas of Myra.Nicholas was famous for his generous gifts to the poor, in particular presenting the three impoverished daughters of a pious Christian with dowries so that they would not have to become prostitutes.
3th century from earlier sources, and the Prose Edda, written in the 13th century by Snorri Sturluson, describe Odin as riding an eight-legged horse named Sleipnir that could leap great distances, giving rise to comparisons to Santa Claus's reindeer. 16th and 17th centuary Tradition holds that Saint Nicholas (Sinterklaas) and his aides arrive each year by steam boat from Spain in mid November carrying a book that contains notes on all children that indicate whether the child has been good or naughty during the year and gifts, chocolate letters and spice nuts to be handed to the well-behaved children.

3rd thing someone said that in the ancient time the word "God" was thrown around to describe fire,water earth etc all i said that there was some smart people living back what I should of said was I dont think Aristotle looks at a flame and says its god more like how does it work? why does work?

1st thing the santa thing alot of people have said santa is for kids as a way creating imagination for children there is no faith/religion but you say if you believe in that you must believe in god if you dont god doesnt exist dont forget this is childrens minds not adults, all understand the concept of Santa and God children do not understand.

2nd you wanted evidence of santa there people crop up through history that form the image of Santa in the 4th century called Saint Nicholas of Myra.Nicholas was famous for his generous gifts to the poor, in particular presenting the three impoverished daughters of a pious Christian with dowries so that they would not have to become prostitutes.
3th century from earlier sources, and the Prose Edda, written in the 13th century by Snorri Sturluson, describe Odin as riding an eight-legged horse named Sleipnir that could leap great distances, giving rise to comparisons to Santa Claus's reindeer. 16th and 17th centuary Tradition holds that Saint Nicholas (Sinterklaas) and his aides arrive each year by steam boat from Spain in mid November carrying a book that contains notes on all children that indicate whether the child has been good or naughty during the year and gifts, chocolate letters and spice nuts to be handed to the well-behaved children.

3rd thing someone said that in the ancient time the word "God" was thrown around to describe fire,water earth etc all i said that there was some smart people living back what I should of said was I dont think Aristotle looks at a flame and says its god more like how does it work? why does work?

You fail to comprehend my argument. You provided me with evidence of a man that they mythical being of Santa is based upon. You have not, and you cannot prove or deny the existence of Santa. There is no difference between faith/religion/imagination. Hate me all you like, everything we know and accept in this world has evidence for its existence. There is no evidence for God or Santa. Thus you must either accept them both, or deny them both. You CANNOT differentiate between either of them, I couldn't care less if Santa is for children, it's an irrelevant fact. You're making up trash arguments because it's impossible for you to answer my question, and all you're doing is regurgitating the same thing about "SANTA IS FOR KIDS LOL, GOD HAS SO MUCH MORE CREDIBILITY LUL" and copying **** about Santa from the first website that popped up on Google.

I want people to forget about the fact it's Santa because my argument got derailed into needless discussion about the merits of Santa and God. Of course there's differences, there's differences between every single thing in the world unless it's a perfect copy. The fundamental of the argument doesn't change though. There's no evidence for God, but it's accepted as plausible. There's no evidence for Santa, but anyone believing it will be called insane. Everything bar that is irrelevant
No. Evidence that suggests the being is probably non-existent is relevant.
If we're referring to believing in the common conception of Santa then this evidence can and does exist.
If we're not referring to the common conception of Santa but to a Santa that is all powerful then you have a point. If you claimed to believe in him you would be called insane despite it being basically just god with a different name. Though to be fair people will always be more sceptical of a being created today than a being created 2000+ years ago despite there being the same evidence for and against both.
I agree with the concept now that i think about it just maybe not your wording.

You fail to comprehend my argument. You provided me with evidence of a man that they mythical being of Santa is based upon. You have not, and you cannot prove or deny the existence of Santa. There is no difference between faith/religion/imagination. Hate me all you like, everything we know and accept in this world has evidence for its existence. There is no evidence for God or Santa. Thus you must either accept them both, or deny them both. You CANNOT differentiate between either of them, I couldn't care less if Santa is for children, it's an irrelevant fact. You're making up trash arguments because it's impossible for you to answer my question, and all you're doing is regurgitating the same thing about "SANTA IS FOR KIDS LOL, GOD HAS SO MUCH MORE CREDIBILITY LUL" and copying **** about Santa from the first website that popped up on Google.

You dont have to deny or accept them one is lie and the other is based on individual belief

But I have an individual belief that Santa is real, but if I tell everyone that, I'm insane.

If you believe in santa thats your prerogative, I wont convince you otherwise because that is what you believe in. But if you look back to what I said I never dismissed the big bang I questioned it I never dismissed M-theory I question it.

If you believe in santa thats your prerogative, I wont convince you otherwise because that is what you believe in. But if you look back to what I said I never dismissed the big bang I questioned it I never dismissed M-theory I question it.

If you can't see the difference between God and Santa and then valid scientific theories, there's something up. There's reason for those theories to exist, due to strong evidence and Mathematical proofs. There's no evidence and no logical thought behind religion. No one just sat around and thought, hmm "Big Bang, that's why our universe exists" it was thought out over a long period of time by numerous scientists. There is no evidence, no reason for the existence of my belief in Santa or God. Yet, you cannot deny I would be called insane if I genuinely believed in Santa.

I don't believe, and very few atheists will currently believe in an absolute theory of why our universe exists, because there isn't enough evidence to prove or deny any theory of everything. Religion, you're taking something, without rational thought, logical ideas or any evidence, and believing it as fact.

I literally visit this thread for a laugh, there is always someone who is trying to put forth there argument but fail, but it's still interesting to see people voice there opinions

I literally visit this thread for a laugh, there is always someone who is trying to put forth there argument but fail, but it's still interesting to see people voice there opinions

I visit this thread to see a debate about whether God is real. However, there is always someone who tries to use correct grammar but fails. It's still interesting to see people write 'there' instead of 'their' though.

***** ;) I can get away with it at my age

On topic - I do not believe in Santa - Such a mature site

Back