Do you Believe In God

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 63K

What would you Describe your Self As ?

• Athiest

Votes: 230 51.7%
  • Religous (what ever Religion that May be)

Votes: 135 30.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 72 16.2%
  • Thiest

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters
The idea of religion bores me.

That is unitil its constantly mentioned in a conversation, then it infuriates me.

My views are simply these:

You are not religious no matter wether you think you are or not. Your mother and father as well as your church have simply brainwashed you.

With the amount of things in the bible which science has disproved, how can any sane person believe anything from that book.

If you live your life according to what a book says, then you have no life, you will simply go through life only doing what your supposed to.

The amount of disgusting quotes in the bible is just that disgusting and anyone who follows such a religion after reading these should be imprisoned for holding such beliefs.

I have many more opinions but couldn't be bothered to write an essay on a subject I absolutely dispise

That is unitil its constantly mentioned in a conversation, then it infuriates me.

You are not religious no matter wether you think you are or not. Your mother and father as well as your church have simply brainwashed you.

With the amount of things in the bible which science has disproved, how can any sane person believe anything from that book.

If you live your life according to what a book says, then you have no life, you will simply go through life only doing what your supposed to.

The amount of disgusting quotes in the bible is just that disgusting and anyone who follows such a religion after reading these should be imprisoned for holding such beliefs.

I have many more opinions but couldn't be bothered to write an essay on a subject I absolutely dispise

You do realise that by holding such outdated vitriolic views as you've posted here, you're even worse than them? I'd much rather have a conversation with a pleasant theist than an Atheist who claims that "All religious people are mad" and "anyone who follows the Bible should be imprisoned".

Contrary to your claims, many people choose to be religious. The Bible is (allegedly) over two thousand years old, I think we can forgive it some inaccuracies. Moreover, your last point is especially stupid: whilst I have already pointed out the imbalance when selecting Bible passages to take literally and which ones to do the opposite, the Bible can for the majority be pointed at as a pretty **** good example of how to live your life. Don't kill, don't be jealous, treat everyone fairly, and worship an invisible friend. (Okay, may have made the last one up. :P)

I am an atheist, and would never consider becoming religious or believing in God.

However I respect other people's beliefs. If they are committed to believing in God, and no amount of persuasion will convince them otherwise, then so be it.

What if someone decides to believe in God later in life? Who will have brainwashed them then? For some people it can be a reaction to an event that happens, or a way of getting through hard times. Not all are brainwashed fools, I'm sure many people have intelligent religious friends.

The Bible (or any other holy book) is not meant to be interpreted literally, except by the most extreme religions. They are merely a collection of stories, which are meant to give a message. I'm sure many religious people also have 'lives' as well, and no doubt some have a better one than yours. As I said before, the stories are not meant to be taken literally, so imprisonment is daft.

I agree with your belief that there is no God, but come on, at least give religion some respect.

Stop zooming me Godcubed, just because I can't type as quickly!!

Last edited:
Better to believe and be right than not believe and be wrong, It doesn't hurt to believe in god and it's a safer bet,

I still thats the best way to go about it believe in God

If you're just believing for the sake of believing, just to be safe. Then God should still force you to burn in **** with all the other Atheist's. :)

If you're just believing for the sake of believing, just to be safe. Then God should still force you to burn in **** with all the other Atheist's. :)

Then you can argue with him why it can be hard to believe in him

So can an Atheist.

Who said it's a him? :)

I think Atheist haven't got a chance how can so someone who has been saying they don't believe in God and it's aload of BS at the last minute go "You know what God I did actually believe in you so dont send me to **** (A)"

Type God in google images and see how many men you get not saying if he does exist he is a man but he is always pictured as a man. If it was a women wouldnt people say Goddess also if it neither shouldnt the correct term be Creator.

I think Atheist haven't got a chance how can so someone who has been saying they don't believe in God and it's aload of BS at the last minute go "You know what God I did actually believe in you so dont send me to **** (A)"

Type God in google images and see how many men you get not saying if he does exist he is a man but he is always pictured as a man. If it was a women wouldnt people say Goddess also if it neither shouldnt the correct term be Creator.

Isn't an Atheist just the same as someone who's believing "just to be safe". I mean, at least the Atheist goes with his convictions. How can you just say "I never really genuinely worshipped you, God. I just said I believed in you to be safe, do I get into heaven now?"

Isn't an Atheist just the same as someone who's believing "just to be safe". I mean, at least the Atheist goes with his convictions. How can you just say "I never really genuinely worshipped you, God. I just said I believed in you to be safe, do I get into heaven now?"

Atheist comes from Greek meaning "Without God" if I remember from Anicent Greek class.

So a Atheist rejects any concept of God, so for someone who is going im an Atheist, God/Goddess/Creator is a load of BS and all forms of religion is just brainwashing or whatever argument Atheist use at the last minute before he is judged goes "I believe in the almighty I was just having a laugh" anyone with half a brain cell would think whatever your going to ****

Atheist comes from Greek meaning "Without God" if I remember from Anicent Greek class.

So a Atheist rejects any concept of God, so for someone who is going im an Atheist, God/Goddess/Creator is a load of BS and all forms of religion is just brainwashing or whatever argument Atheist use at the last minute before he is judged goes "I believe in the almighty I was just having a laugh" anyone with half a brain cell would think whatever your going to ****

I'm not denying that. I'm saying if you just go through feigning belief in God then you're just as bad. You can't just wear a cross, just in case.

I think its an interesting thing to see a religion thread on a FM site. Anytime i see something like this in any forum i back off and just let it be 'cause i dont want people attacking me or anything, but i guess ill give it a go on here. I havent read all the pages just the the first couple posts. I'll try and be short, so if its long apologies.

I do believe there is a God and that Jesus is real. I can go on and on and explain everything but it would take a lot of time to do so, so i'll just write a little. I think that not being any proof is a poor excuse. There are a lot of things in life that are not proven and yet people still believe it. The proof is the Bible, scientists are still studying about what happened to the dinasours and think they have a clue what it is, but all you have to do is read Luke 19 in the bible and it tells you exacly what happened. Sure its not what people want to hear but its there, the Bible tells you everything you need to know about the world and more.

I used to be someone that didnt care about God and the bible, but there are things that i have witnessed that made me believe fully and God has got my attention thats for sure. First, God does not like religion, religion is something that man created. Man always want to stick there finger in peoples business, whether it has to do with God or wars or other countries, we see this more than ever today. Jesus was of no religion, God does not have a religion, the only thing he wants is for us to spread his word and teach love, faith, and the spiritual relationship with him. You want proof? get saved, mean it with all your heart when you do and you'll see that spiritually you can talk to God and you'll know everything you'll need to know. The most important thing is the holy spirit, you can talk junk and call God and Jesus names, he doesnt care about that, but if you talk bad about the holy spirit and let it be known, then you will really see Gods anger againts you.

I've been to real churches, i say "real" 'cause these days there are not a lot of churches out there that preach whats needed to be preached, they just preach what people want to hear and sometimes lies. I've witnessed my friend of 16 years, paralyzed since birth, went into the church on a wheel chair and walk out of the church when it was over. When he explained to everyone what he felt and everything it was amazing, it was hard to hold back tears when you saw and heard that. Im sorry but that to me is not a hoax, it is not a coincidence, its a miracle and no scientist, make that no human being, can go againts that. I've seen Athiests and Islam people walk into a Baptist church laughing and mocking Jesus the through out the service, only to have those same people on there knees the same night crying to God 'cause the holy spirit hit them hard and made them realize what is real, they said that if they knew about it earlier, they would have done it and regret everything they have said negatively about Jesus in there life.

I can go on and on and will gladly talk about this to anyone who wants to know more, but i wont respond on here, i'll do so only through PMs on this site or if you want my e-mail just PM me and i'll give it to you. I'll explain everything you want, any questions, anything, i'll do so.

I'm not denying that. I'm saying if you just go through feigning belief in God then you're just as bad. You can't just wear a cross, just in case.

I am Agnostic

But my belief is every creation must creator. I think the big bang is a good theory on the beginning of the universe good but not solid because something must have started the big bang etc etc blah blah we have gone through this.

On the other side of the coin is the fact that if everything has so must the almighty a "Creator of the Creator" if will something must of created that etc etc both arugments are dead end conclusion both have no correct answer.

I believe in evidence for me to believe I need solid proof science can and possible will teach us how most things work, However there are what lets say over a billion people who believe in God in some shape or form now that is quite difficult to ignore if you ask me.

For every Argument for Gods existences there is a criticism.
For every Argument against Gods existence there is a criticism.

No one can win until the end.

---------- Post added at 03:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 AM ----------

Cause I'm too lazy to quote: ^ Wasn't Jesus a jew?

Yes Jesus was a Jew

I think its an interesting thing to see a religion thread on a FM site. Anytime i see something like this in any forum i back off and just let it be 'cause i dont want people attacking me or anything, but i guess ill give it a go on here. I havent read all the pages just the the first couple posts. I'll try and be short, so if its long apologies.

I do believe there is a God and that Jesus is real. I can go on and on and explain everything but it would take a lot of time to do so, so i'll just write a little. I think that not being any proof is a poor excuse. There are a lot of things in life that are not proven and yet people still believe it. The proof is the Bible, scientists are still studying about what happened to the dinasours and think they have a clue what it is, but all you have to do is read Luke 19 in the bible and it tells you exacly what happened. Sure its not what people want to hear but its there, the Bible tells you everything you need to know about the world and more.

I used to be someone that didnt care about God and the bible, but there are things that i have witnessed that made me believe fully and God has got my attention thats for sure. First, God does not like religion, religion is something that man created. Man always want to stick there finger in peoples business, whether it has to do with God or wars or other countries, we see this more than ever today. Jesus was of no religion, God does not have a religion, the only thing he wants is for us to spread his word and teach love, faith, and the spiritual relationship with him. You want proof? get saved, mean it with all your heart when you do and you'll see that spiritually you can talk to God and you'll know everything you'll need to know. The most important thing is the holy spirit, you can talk junk and call God and Jesus names, he doesnt care about that, but if you talk bad about the holy spirit and let it be known, then you will really see Gods anger againts you.

I've been to real churches, i say "real" 'cause these days there are not a lot of churches out there that preach whats needed to be preached, they just preach what people want to hear and sometimes lies. I've witnessed my friend of 16 years, paralyzed since birth, went into the church on a wheel chair and walk out of the church when it was over. When he explained to everyone what he felt and everything it was amazing, it was hard to hold back tears when you saw and heard that. Im sorry but that to me is not a hoax, it is not a coincidence, its a miracle and no scientist, make that no human being, can go againts that. I've seen Athiests and Islam people walk into a Baptist church laughing and mocking Jesus the through out the service, only to have those same people on there knees the same night crying to God 'cause the holy spirit hit them hard and made them realize what is real, they said that if they knew about it earlier, they would have done it and regret everything they have said negatively about Jesus in there life.

I can go on and on and will gladly talk about this to anyone who wants to know more, but i wont respond on here, i'll do so only through PMs on this site or if you want my e-mail just PM me and i'll give it to you. I'll explain everything you want, any questions, anything, i'll do so.
Care to enlighten?

GodCubed, yes he was a Jew because he was born in Isreal, just because he was born there does not mean he was Judaism. He did not bring religion he brought God.

Ride The Walrus, i'll be more than happy to but i wont on here, like i said just PM me and if you want my e-mail ill give it to you.

This will be my last post in this thread.

I am Agnostic

But my belief is every creation must creator. I think the big bang is a good theory on the beginning of the universe good but not solid because something must have started the big bang etc etc blah blah we have gone through this.

On the other side of the coin is the fact that if everything has so must the almighty a "Creator of the Creator" if will something must of created that etc etc both arugments are dead end conclusion both have no correct answer.

I believe in evidence for me to believe I need solid proof science can and possible will teach us how most things work, However there are what lets say over a billion people who believe in God in some shape or form now that is quite difficult to ignore if you ask me.

So when you go to heaven, and God asks why you weren't Christian, and you say you needed evidence to believe, he lets you in. Why is the atheist going to **** for having the conviction to reject the idea as false on the basis of no proof, and you're going to heaven for not having the decision, on the basis of no proof.

I'm not dismissing anything here, just saying it's quite unfair to say an atheist will burn in ****, but someone who just goes and says "oh yeah, God, I believe in that, sure." doesn't.

Righty ho.

Seriously though, Joel and I will break out Santa again, we're warning you, all of you.

I'm still a hardcore Santaist, Houllier should convert too. He needed some divine guidance from the Bolton game. ;)

---------- Post added at 03:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 AM ----------

Scientists are trying to find evidence for what happened. The Bible isn't saying exactly what happened, it's offering an explanation. Just as Science is. I could claim that pixies came down and gouged their eyes, just as much claim as the Bible has, no?

I wanted to know how old the world was, but The Bible lied to me on that front. :(

Back