Do you Believe In God

• Thread starter Thread starter TheHig
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 63K

What would you Describe your Self As ?

• Athiest

Votes: 230 51.7%
  • Religous (what ever Religion that May be)

Votes: 135 30.3%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 72 16.2%
  • Thiest

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters
So when you go to heaven, and God asks why you weren't Christian, and you say you needed evidence to believe, he lets you in. Why is the atheist going to **** for having the conviction to reject the idea as false on the basis of no proof, and you're going to heaven for not having the decision, on the basis of no proof.

I'm not dismissing anything here, just saying it's quite unfair to say an atheist will burn in ****, but someone who just goes and says "oh yeah, God, I believe in that, sure." doesn't.
;)

I do believe there is something dont know what but I do not 100% maybe I need some sort personal experience Im not religious because I believe you dont have to a Christian or some other sort of religion to believe in God. Who to say that you have to believe in God to go to heaven what if its based on your life.

Should someone that has lived a bad life but believes in God be accepted into heaven or someone that has lived a very unselfish life that has done only good but doesnt believe in God.

Right, I chose 'Atheist', but I don't actually consider myself one, because I don't like to be titled.

1) Do you Believe In God - No. It's just a totally crazy idea. Religion is stupid; having said that, the way this whole planet is stupid. I don't like being told what I can and can't do or even say.

2) Are you Religious - Yes. I worship the brutal and savage African god 'Muh Dik'. You will submit to him.

3) Why ? You will submit...

I do believe there is something dont know what but I do not 100% maybe I need some sort personal experience Im not religious because I believe you dont have to a Christian or some other sort of religion to believe in God. Who to say that you have to believe in God to go to heaven what if its based on your life.

Should someone that has lived a bad life but believes in God be accepted into heaven or someone that has lived a very unselfish life that has done only good but doesnt believe in God.

It was you that said you believe in God, "just in case". I can accept there may be a divine creator, I do not accept fairy tales, wizards and myths.

It was you that said you believe in God, "just in case". I can accept there may be a divine creator, I do not accept fairy tales, wizards and myths.

Its a quote from one of the "Arguments for Gods Existence" makes sense to me safe option to go with untill you have a clear answer for me I dont think we can.

If you accept there may be some kind of "divine creator" why are an Atheist not Agnostic?

Its a quote from one of the "Arguments for Gods Existence" makes sense to me safe option to go with untill you have a clear answer for me I dont think we can.

If you accept there may be some kind of "divine creator" why are an Atheist not Agnostic?

I said I accept the possibility, not that I believe it.

I was once talking to this mormon guy, and he said that he believes in god because 'it's better to be safe than sorry'.

Even if there is a god, and Jesus was right, I can't see notorious G.O.D saying "I see you didn't believe I existed? You didn't think to read my ******* book!? You know what, **** you," then he presses a button and a trapdoor opens dragging you down to the oven.

I mean, do you just have to say to someone "Oh, I believe in god," and you're safe?

Whenever I ask a Christian about this they start talking **** "Look for him and he will find you, etc." Whilst someone saying that is amusing, it's frustrating when they expect you to play their game, but won't share the ******* rules.

How can you be better safe than sorry? Even if we take just the five mainstream religions, you only have a 1/5 chance of the right religion. And that's ignoring past religions, future religions, and the possibility of religion being wrong full stop. Your odds of choosing the right one are very slim, so it's really not better to be "safe than sorry".

I said I accept the possibility, not that I believe it.

I didnt say you did, but you said you accept the possibility like I said before an Atheist completely rejects all concept of God but you say you accept a small possibility like me but less so how can you be an Atheist?

---------- Post added at 04:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 AM ----------

I was once talking to this mormon guy, and he said that he believes in god because 'it's better to be safe than sorry'.

Even if there is a god, and Jesus was right, I can't see notorious G.O.D saying "I see you didn't believe I existed? You didn't think to read my ******* book!? You know what, **** you," then he presses a button and a trapdoor opens dragging you down to the oven.

I mean, do you just have to say to someone "Oh, I believe in god," and you're safe?

Whenever I ask a Christian about this they start talking **** "Look for him and he will find you, etc." Whilst someone saying that is amusing, it's frustrating when they expect you to play their game, but won't share the ******* rules.

Thats called Pascal's Wager from the French philosopher Blaise Pascal he said you cant determine God(s) existence through reason so place a wager

I didnt say you did, but you said you accept the possibility like I said before an Atheist completely rejects all concept of God but you say you accept a small possibility like me but less so how can you be an Atheist?

Depends how strict your definition of atheism is. I don't consider a divine being to be the same as all other God's, no worship, no religion. I'd be just as bad as a Theist if I denied the possibility of some sort of creator, I still reject all religion's though, and still consider myself atheist.

Creator is one thing, God is another. I accept the possibility of a creator, I don't accept the possibility of a God.

---------- Post added at 04:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 AM ----------

Thats called Pascal's Wager from the French philosopher Blaise Pascal he said you cant determine God(s) existence through reason so place a wager

His wager is based on Christianity alone though. As I showed earlier, the wager isn't worth it when you consider all other possibilities as well.

Depends how strict your definition of atheism is. I don't consider a divine being to be the same as all other God's, no worship, no religion. I'd be just as bad as a Theist if I denied the possibility of some sort of creator, I still reject all religion's though, and still consider myself atheist.

Creator is one thing, God is another. I accept the possibility of a creator, I don't accept the possibility of a God.

Doesnt the bible say and I quote (I hate that)
"(Genesis 1: 1-5, 26-31)

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was a void, and darkness covered the face of the deep. A mighty wind swept over the waters. "

Therefore God must be a creator so to accept one but reject the other doesnt make sense.

Isnt there theory goes something like God is created in man's image or something meaning that you created the image of God

---------- Post added at 04:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 AM ----------

His wager is based on Christianity alone though. As I showed earlier, the wager isn't worth it when you consider all other possibilities as well.

But if you place the wager on some sort of God not that just God that is described through Christianity your odds will go if you all types of God's throughout all relgions.

Picture a roulette table you bet on black 17 your chance of winning is slim however bet on all black you your chances have increased.

But if you place the wager on some sort of God not that just God that is described through Christianity your odds will go if you all types of God's throughout all relgions.

Picture a roulette table you bet on black 17 your chance of winning is slim however bet on all black you your chances have increased.

What do you gain from wagering on just "A God"? I don't think Allah will be too happy to know you didn't have faith in him.

You bet on black 17 you're rewarded greatly, if you bet on just black, you are not.

What do you gain from wagering on just "A God"? I don't think Allah will be too happy to know you didn't have faith in him.

You bet on black 17 you're rewarded greatly, if you bet on just black, you are not.

I'm not Im saying I believe in something not just a God.

Rewards might be greater but what are chances of it landing on black 17 compared to landing on any black

I'm not Im saying I believe in something not just a God.

Rewards might be greater but what are chances of it landing on black 17 compared to landing on any black

Yes but there's no point in just looking at all religion and saying "Yeah, one of you are right!" Choose a religion or reject them all.

Yes but there's no point in just looking at all religion and saying "Yeah, one of you are right!" Choose a religion or reject them all.

But dont have to be religous how many people this thread have said "They believe in God or something but they are not religious." How many have said that outside this thread you dont have to be religious to believe in a God or a Creator or whatever term people use

But dont have to be religous how many people this thread have said "They believe in God or something but they are not religious." How many have said that outside this thread you dont have to be religious to believe in a God or a Creator or whatever term people use

Creator and God are different things. And God is still a broad term, just because people believe in a God doesn't justify the "wager" being correct. As I said, you say you believe in God, but if Allah is the true God he wouldn't be too happy. Therefore you need to choose a God specific to a religion.

Can we move off this, it has gone on for a while.. You can VM me if you really want to carry it on.

Back