Do you need editing help?

• Thread starter Thread starter Alcaraz
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 428
  • Views Views 57K
Quick question, is it possible to play with this kind of shirt (the chequered patern) in the 3d match engine?
If so, how? Because that kind of patern is not available in the editor.

how do i change the host of the world cup or the european championship?

You cant sorry..maybe in the FM11 Editor

Quick question, is it possible to play with this kind of shirt (the chequered patern) in the 3d match engine?
If so, how? Because that kind of patern is not available in the editor.

This is more of a question for the Graphics Section,ask some Kit-makers they should know

i wonder if someone can help me, ive just edited the english rules to remove the home grown squad rules, but i want to try remove a couple of other nations (i know how to do that bit) but the only way i seem to be able to get out the english rules is by pressing the "remove nation rules" tab, does pressing that tab remove the rules you made or does it just hide them again but with them still in the game?

i wonder if someone can help me, ive just edited the english rules to remove the home grown squad rules, but i want to try remove a couple of other nations (i know how to do that bit) but the only way i seem to be able to get out the english rules is by pressing the "remove nation rules" tab, does pressing that tab remove the rules you made or does it just hide them again but with them still in the game?

Removes them completely, its qutie tricky to get two sets of nation rules to work together especially if one f the nations is england, The way I find it works best is to save your first nation rule change then remove nation rules and then save again under a different name, then add new nation rules. if you want to add 3 or more save the last one each time example;

Save 1 Eng Rules
Save 2 Eng & Italy rules
Save 3 Eng, Italy & Spain Rules

Only 1 nations rules will show up in Db but you will still have the setup for the previous you will need to load all 3 or more Dbs to Play.

Hope that makes sense.

Yeah there have been quite a few successful threads which we can re-create for FM11.

My Editing Requests Thread will be re-created along with this thread and we might do the Editing WC again for FM11 tiraths

When I create a player on the editor and save editor data etc. after this I open FM and my players not in the game, any help ?

When I create a player on the editor and save editor data etc. after this I open FM and my players not in the game, any help ?

When you press new game a DB box comes up in the right hand corner is another little box with the word change tick this. You then get a list of all your custom Db Tick the one you want and it should now work.

.....I may created a thread called 'Editng FAQs and Answers' as most of the problems people have are quite similar

Sorry if already asked, had a quick search but couldn't find. Is there a way to change font colour on the Editor, mine is white and you can barely see it, it's giving me a headache!!! Also, what is the maximum budget and remaining budget you could put. Thanks

Sorry if already asked, had a quick search but couldn't find. Is there a way to change font colour on the Editor, mine is white and you can barely see it, it's giving me a headache!!! Also, what is the maximum budget and remaining budget you could put. Thanks

Not too sure about either of these Questions actually...sorry

I know what you mean about font colour cursor disappears in white background change. You would have to go into editor program files and find font file or whatever its called and play about with it, wouldnt recommend though as if you F**k it up your have to re-install FM.

I believe to Max Balance you can give a Team is 2 billion and the transfer fund every one says it 200 million but I sure its more but if you but in 1B it will reset to the highest it can be.

Hi all, I'm new here. Been playing the game for ages and really enjoying it, but I've had some problems editing!

I'm trying to create Catalonia as a new Nation. I've downloaded the what I need to have to be able to add a nation using the editor, and I then went and created leagues, cups etc. and the editor says the Nation rules are valid. But everytime I try to load the database to play, I get the message:

"Could not process rule group settings in ... Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/editor data/Catalonia.dbc.xml
No nation has been selected."

What does this mean, and does anyone know how I fix the problem so that I can play this database? Thanks :D

Hi all, I'm new here. Been playing the game for ages and really enjoying it, but I've had some problems editing!

I'm trying to create Catalonia as a new Nation. I've downloaded the what I need to have to be able to add a nation using the editor, and I then went and created leagues, cups etc. and the editor says the Nation rules are valid. But everytime I try to load the database to play, I get the message:

"Could not process rule group settings in ... Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/editor data/Catalonia.dbc.xml
No nation has been selected."

What does this mean, and does anyone know how I fix the problem so that I can play this database? Thanks :D

Not sure...why not try editing one of the existing Nations like Changing the name of Faroe Islands to Catalonia and editing cups and league's from there on

can you bring back old Cups say like the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup, if so how?

Couple of editing questions :)

1 - Is it possible to change the future regen names for a country, e.g - change spains regen list to frances?
2 - Is there a way to auto-generate teams for lower leagues when creating a nation?
3 - When creating nation rules, Will transfer windows be there each year or do i have to add for each year separately?

Last edited:
Couple of editing questions :)

1 - Is it possible to change the future regen names for a country, e.g - change spains regen list to frances?
2 - Is there a way to auto-generate teams for lower leagues when creating a nation?
3 - When creating nation rules, Will transfer windows be there each year or do i have to add for each year separately?

No
No

You dont have to add it seperately

Ah ok thanks, No. 2 was from hope really ;)

Something else that comes to mind, If i dont give a club any sponsors, will they pick them up over the first season?

Back