Thanks will.

How do you make a national team manageable?

I've over-written the fairy islands to create my own national league but when I start I cant manage their national team.

And how do I edit a countries flag? Thanks :)

Last edited:
Adding Journalists

Is it possible to add journalists names to media sources?

You will need to open the editor in order to get any Unique Ids that are required.

Assuming you are working on Patch 10.3 you would do the following...

Follow the path below --

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\updates\update-1030\db\1030\edt

Using notepad, open the following file --

add_my_journalists

Read through the instructions and then add in your changes.

Then SAVE AS, (in the save as dialogue box change save as type : text documents (*.txt) to All Files) and save the file to your desktop with the file extension .edt

You file name should look similar to this -- new_journalists.edt (though once you save it is likely that the extension .edt will not show up -- don't worry about that, it's just depends on your viewing settings)

Close Notepad.

Highlight and right click the file you have just saved. Select CUT.

Navigate to the folder stated above and PASTE your file in there. It will ask you to confirm (this is because you are in the root folder).

Load up a new game and click the Preferences tab. Then click on Extra Files. Make sure your newly created file has a tick next to it.

Click confirm and then begin a new game.

Note -- you are editing an external file (an add-on that the game does not require to run) -- so long as you follow the instructions you will do no damage to your game.

Last edited:
how do you change how good a nation is? i want to change them now that the world cup is (pretty much) over! Thanks!

Big Dave;)

You mean you want to increase a reputation of a nation,such as Uruguay's cause they got to the semi-finals?

That is easily done throught the editor,just select a nation and then you will figure it out by yourself in a few seconds.....

If you want anything else changed,please do specify....I would love to help

Thanks will.

How do you make a national team manageable?

I've over-written the fairy islands to create my own national league but when I start I cant manage their national team.

And how do I edit a countries flag? Thanks :)

a) you need to load all players of that nation when you start the game.
b) you need to find the unique id of the nation your changing the flag of and write it down, then you need to find age to change it to and create a config file or alternatively give these details to someone who can make them (who will most ikely be found in the graphics section).

You will need to open the editor in order to get any Unique Ids that are required.

Assuming you are working on Patch 10.3 you would do the following...

Follow the path below --

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\updates\update-1030\db\1030\edt

Using notepad, open the following file --

add_my_journalists

Read through the instructions and then add in your changes.

Then SAVE AS, (in the save as dialogue box change save as type : text documents (*.txt) to All Files) and save the file to your desktop with the file extension .edt

You file name should look similar to this -- new_journalists.edt (though once you save it is likely that the extension .edt will not show up -- don't worry about that, it's just depends on your viewing settings)

Close Notepad.

Highlight and right click the file you have just saved. Select CUT.

Navigate to the folder stated above and PASTE your file in there. It will ask you to confirm (this is because you are in the root folder).

Load up a new game and click the Preferences tab. Then click on Extra Files. Make sure your newly created file has a tick next to it.

Click confirm and then begin a new game.

Note -- you are editing an external file (an add-on that the game does not require to run) -- so long as you follow the instructions you will do no damage to your game.

Did not know how to do it myself mate,Thanks for this

i've been trying to recreate the cup winners cup but i can't figure out how to get it to accept the winners of cup comps to take part. i know it must be possible because the charity shirld features the winners of the fa cup but i can't get it to work for any tournaments i create.

Good Evening,

I created two players. Everything is fine as I also uploaded a pic of them but after a couple of saves in the game suddenly their playing history disappeared and it only appears their last club i.e. the club they are currently playing in which is the club I am managing. Can someone tell me how can I see the entire history???

Thanks
Glenn
user_online.png
progress.gif

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Good Evening,

I created two players. Everything is fine as I also uploaded a pic of them but after a couple of games suddenly their playing history disappeared and it only appears their last club i.e. the club they are currently playing which is the club I am managing. Can someone tell me how can I see the entire history???

Thanks
Glenn
user_online.png
progress.gif

Good Evening,

I created two players. Everything is fine as I also uploaded a pic of them but after a couple of saves in the game suddenly their playing history disappeared and it only appears their last club i.e. the club they are currently playing in which is the club I am managing. Can someone tell me how can I see the entire history???

Thanks
Glenn
user_online.png
progress.gif

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Good Evening,

I created two players. Everything is fine as I also uploaded a pic of them but after a couple of games suddenly their playing history disappeared and it only appears their last club i.e. the club they are currently playing which is the club I am managing. Can someone tell me how can I see the entire history???

Thanks
Glenn
user_online.png
progress.gif

I am missing the point here,what exactly is the problem?

---------- Post added at 06:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 AM ----------

i've been trying to recreate the cup winners cup but i can't figure out how to get it to accept the winners of cup comps to take part. i know it must be possible because the charity shirld features the winners of the fa cup but i can't get it to work for any tournaments i create.

same here mate....been trying but have given up,I think taking a look at the rules of the Charity Shield should help?

I have two files in the "editor data" map. One is named config, one is named scunthorpe. but when i start a new game i only get the option to open the standard db... what to do?

I have two files in the "editor data" map. One is named config, one is named scunthorpe. but when i start a new game i only get the option to open the standard db... what to do?

When you click on New Game,a pop-up box should appear in which you have to tich 'Change' in the bottom right corner,after that you can pretty much figure it out for yourself

i load a legends database click to edit it and get crash dumps. can you help?

crash dumps can occur for various reasons.. more often than not they are a mysterious thing and quite tempremental. It could range from an error in the custom database or something regarding your computer.. which database is it and what are your computer spec?

the legends database listed on the site but I dont know the computer spec

hey guys:D
i've edited a few players attributes but when i go into the game the attributes dont seem to have changed:/,any help?

Hi chaps, have a strange question. When I added lower leagues to the Scottish league, they appeared on the new game section, however when i add lower English leagues such as the Unibond for example, they just won't appear-this hasn't happened before. Any help would be appreciated as it's driving me up the ****** wall!!! Thanks for any help

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 07:12 PM ----------

Erm, disregard the last post. Problem sorted. Took me two days to realize I had to untick a box where the changes box is when starting a new game. Embarassed? Just a tad :$

im having serious trouble...everytime i try and create a new database it never transfers over to the game, ive tried on fm 08 and now '10 and im desprate to create players. Or even just simply edit players. please help :'(

hey guys:D
i've edited a few players attributes but when i go into the game the attributes dont seem to have changed:/,any help?

They eventually develop their attributes over the season if you give them proper training although if you want them to have your chosen attributes straight away,use FMRTE

With the A-League, is their any way to edit it so that you can buy players from clubs in the same division.

E.g. currently, with sydney fc, i can't buy any players from any other teams in the league unless their contracts are expiring.

is it possible to change a national flag?
If not will a logo/emblem completely replace the national flag?