Driving Test

It's 6 hours of lessons, but my teacher signed me off after 4 and a half. XD

yeah mine was like that. Signed off around an Hour early, it is just Motorway driving and Busy roads tbf

I was supposed to sit this for free, Because my granda had a disability car and I was a driver on it. I ended up going out and getting drunk the night before and forgot about it XD, Can still get it for free though. will need to do it soon :S

6 hours of lessons?

When I got mine in the states, we got a booklet, read it, took a test for a learners permit. We then drove around locally with a parent for 6 months and recorded our hours driving.

We then go into the office and take a parallel parking test and a quick scoot around the block.

6 hours of lessons?

When I got mine in the states, we got a booklet, read it, took a test for a learners permit. We then drove around locally with a parent for 6 months and recorded our hours driving.

We then go into the office and take a parallel parking test and a quick scoot around the block.

The Pass Plus is 6 hours of lesson. this happens after the actual test is passed. It is driving in different conditions( Dark, Rush hours) Motorway driving, and busy Roads. We have a normal test before hand

Do you drive with an instructor or what?

I grew up in the country, and we have light traffic. The first times I drove through cities and interstates, I was quite flustered.

Seriously though, traffic through DC/Baltimore is incredibly insane during summer vacation week.

My mate took his theory today and his instructor told him it was the lowest score he had ever seen on hazard perception. (15) Doesn't mean a thing to me as I have never taken a hazard perception but I'm guessing that's rubbish?

Do you drive with an instructor or what?

I grew up in the country, and we have light traffic. The first times I drove through cities and interstates, I was quite flustered.

Seriously though, traffic through DC/Baltimore is incredibly insane during summer vacation week.

Yeah on the Pass Plus you drive with your Instructor.... It is like an extra lesson, Insurance companies like it,

---------- Post added at 04:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 AM ----------

My mate took his theory today and his instructor told him it was the lowest score he had ever seen on hazard perception. (15) Doesn't mean a thing to me as I have never taken a hazard perception but I'm guessing that's rubbish?

The Hazard is the hard bit of it. But 15 is rather low, i think the pass rate is 44. As it is out of 75

The Hazard is the hard bit of it. But 15 is rather low, i think the pass rate is 44. As it is out of 75

I heard even Stevie Wonder beat 15 on the Hazard Perception :p

Whatever the pass is, I got bang on I can't remember so ifit is 44 then I got 44. Was seriously lucky, Especially as I had never done it before. Its common sense really but you always worry, Have I Clicked to many times ? I haven't clicked enough etc..

The only thing we have to worry about is the parallel parking. I got it on my first try (out of 3).

Most women struggle a LOT with this. I think it has to do with their 3d space perception not being as developed as males.

The only thing we have to worry about is the parallel parking. I got it on my first try (out of 3).

Most women struggle a LOT with this. I think it has to do with their 3d space perception not being as developed as males.

Our test normally last about 40 minutes, with us driving around. Having to do 2 out of 3 Manoeuvres ( Parallel Parking, Turn in the Road, Reverse round a corner) on route, and we go on Dual Carriage ways. Tighter smaller roads, etc etc.

We don't have to do the reverse around a corner or the smaller roads bit. We really don't have to worry about those situations. (i've been to italy and see why it would be useful, good grief)

We just show that we know where all the buttons are in the vehicle, then we park, then we go onto the road drive around for 5-10 minutes. As long as you don't break any laws you'll pass. Only thing I had trouble with was when we turned around to go back, she told me to pull into a certain area, when I was pulling out there were giant bushes on both sides and I couldn't see ****! She just told me to gun it LMAO!.

Our test normally last about 40 minutes, with us driving around. Having to do 2 out of 3 Manoeuvres ( Parallel Parking, Turn in the Road, Reverse round a corner) on route, and we go on Dual Carriage ways. Tighter smaller roads, etc etc.

The test has now been changed slightly, and now only involves one out of the 3 manoeuvres you mentioned. It now contains 'independent driving', which is when you just have to follow directions. You don't even get penalised for going the wrong way though, just as long as you do it safely and legally.

Norwegian driving tests are really tough, much harder than UK ones. We have to do night driving, long-distance, ice-driving and the normal test, in addition to a preliminary theory course, then a full-on theory test. One the other hand, our roads are so **** we need it. Cheaper for gov't.

I drove loads when I was in North Carolina this September - The Americans can definitely build roads! However, it seemed that traffic laws were more like guidelines over there. What my ex called "heavy traffic" I called light traffic. And you need MOAR roundabouts. US of A (minus the roundabouts) ftw.

wew,you are lucky had a dicipline country
in here(my country)we can buy license for driving :(
and that so hard driving test,my country driving test is just go front,go back and finish!?

The test has now been changed slightly, and now only involves one out of the 3 manoeuvres you mentioned. It now contains 'independent driving', which is when you just have to follow directions. You don't even get penalised for going the wrong way though, just as long as you do it safely and legally.

Oh didnt know that, sounds even easier then

45 minutes until I can legally learn to drive ;)