Driving Test

Passed my test first time, faceroll much

anyway...was wondering if there was anything interesting I could get up to now I have a license baring in mind I have no car of my own and im not insured on my 'rents car or that. Only thing I could think of is renting a car, but do you need car insurance to rent one, how much does it cost etc

Passed my test first time, faceroll much

anyway...was wondering if there was anything interesting I could get up to now I have a license baring in mind I have no car of my own and im not insured on my 'rents car or that. Only thing I could think of is renting a car, but do you need car insurance to rent one, how much does it cost etc
dont think you can rent a car as i tried it once and they required at least 2 years driving experience.

I've been driving for about 2 years now. I got my P2 (Provisional 2) licence a few weeks ago. :)

This is in Australia BTW. So basically I now have 3 extra points on my licence, and I have a max speed limit of 100kph instead of 90. So another 2 years and I will have my blacks.

Booked my test today. 6 weeks to go now. Reckon I'm more than good enough to pass, worried about nerves though

Booked my test today. 6 weeks to go now. Reckon I'm more than good enough to pass, worried about nerves though

It's very nerve racking I've failed my test 3 times the last was before Xmas and I've stopped now just each time you fail the desire and belief just goes a little. In a way I'm glad cuz being 21 the high insurance prices I'd never be able to afford to run a car. Nerves can get the better of you though, I failed all 3 times because of nerves, things like stalling the car which I never did with my instructor I did on my tests guess it's just because your with a"stranger" on your tests.

If you stay calm and you're ready for the test you'll pass easily. I think most people fail down to nerves. If you can stay calm during an exam, then you'll probably pass your test with flying colours. :)

Yeah just keep calm. And make sure you make it obvious to the examiner that you are checking mirrors, blind-spots ect.

It's not a fantastic experience.. haha

But yeah, as said above, make sure you check your mirrors and make it obvious, along with behind your shoulders(blind spots). Don't cross your arms and always have two hand on the wheel, unless changing gear of course!

It's not a fantastic experience.. haha

But yeah, as said above, make sure you check your mirrors and make it obvious, along with behind your shoulders(blind spots). Don't cross your arms and always have two hand on the wheel, unless changing gear of course!

and dont go the wrong way, they dont like that very much. good luck

Passed 2 years ago and yes I hit a minor..... I mean no minors :)

Last edited:
Well, doing 70 down the dualie today in the fast lane, when all of a sudden I get a blow out and my tyre is completely punctured, almost going into the middle grass verge. Hopefully there's my one and only near miss!!

Passed today, 3rd time lucky. Failed the first time for stopping over a pedestrian crossing, and the second one for arsing up a reverse park. Weirdly enough I had more minors (4) the time I passed than when I failed (3 and 2).

Passed today, 3rd time lucky. Failed the first time for stopping over a pedestrian crossing, and the second one for arsing up a reverse park. Weirdly enough I had more minors (4) the time I passed than when I failed (3 and 2).

Congratoolations. Now enjoy being raped by insurance.

Thank you! Unfortunately I do not have a car which means that the raping of insurance is years away.

Always got to have something to look forward to in the future. ;)

well done mate, even with out a car, it is jsut anothing thing done in your life.

Failed mine my 1st time due to overtaking a bus I thought was stopped at bus stop, in fact he was in left only turn at traffic lights, I was in right only turn when I overtook him. I thought it was good bit of driving examiner had over ideas:p Passed 2nd time though even though I thought I'd failed was totally shocked when examiner said I passed.

Last edited:
well done mate, even with out a car, it is jsut anothing thing done in your life.

Cheers mate. It's strange to think I'm able to drive for the rest of my life. I'll have to do a bit of practicing when I finally start again though.

Failed mine my time due to overtaking a bus I thought was stopped at bus stop, in fact he was in left only turn at traffic lights, I was in right only turn when I overtook him. I thought it was good bit of driving examiner had over ideas:p Passed 2nd time though even though I thought I'd failed was totally shocked when examiner said I passed.

Well done as well. I thought I'd passed the first time and was disappointed to be told I'd failed, so I wasn't assuming anything this time!