Droylsden (Champions League Winners!)

What is the next one going to be?!!!

put ur manager history up so we can see wen u woz appointed droylsden manager make sure u aint added manager wen u got sackd wen relegated

What happened to it being impossible for Droylsden to have an attendance of over 3750?! Do you now admit that your previous rants were nonsense & that you've moved on to some other accusation?! Every time you are convinced by some stupid idea that you get in your head I blow it out the water. Here is yet more evidence to dispel the most recent of your accusations. What is the next one going to be?!!! Give it up. You are trying to sell a dead horse! ha ha ha

Have a look at the manner I lost my 1st Euro Supper Cup Final. I don't think it is possible to loose a game in a worse way. I had the better of the game, I missed a Pen, they went down to 10 men, they scored in 90+3 mins to take it to extra time & then pens. My GK saved 2 of their pens & I still lost. Oh yeah but as you quoted I've "never lost a cup final".

Not even to go into detail again of how I got sacked from the Spain job.

I've been at the club for 4915 days & never left (I've not even taken one days holiday!). You can also see in my Biography that I was appointed manager in July 2011 if you don't want to do the maths.

Ps I got my revenge on Barcelona 2 games later at I beat them at home in the Champions League group game, & then of course I met them again & beat them in the Champions League final.

Look at my total fees paid to agents... £60m! Outrageous.

Hey I just noticed that you won the European Super Cup in my city! :D I'm kinda proud to see our stadium out there :) Btw just outta curiosity, what's your manager description? The best I ever got was "Talented Manager".

How I search for players

Great achievement! I want to start a save with a small team too and i am wondering how you search for regens since you dont have a youth academy. I have never played more than 3 seasons in FM and don't know how to get regens for small teams.

I normally search for regen's the same way that I search for real players. One way I use is through International & Under 21/19 squads but time consuming. Also if you are a small team then this is a waste of time as you'll prob not be able to get any of them.

By far my favourite way to search for players at any level for any club is by this:
  • Go to player search & reset the filters if you already have any in place.
  • Go to add condition & add at least these 3 conditions (Position, Age, Contract Status).
  • Then click on pick attributes & tick every single box! & set "selected attributes is at least" to what ever you like. If playing in the Blue square N/S I would set this to 10, if I was playing in the Premiership I would set this to at least 14 depending on the club I was. (You can easily alter this up & down later).
  • Then click on save filter, & save it as whatever name you like.

Now the fun bit. It all now depends on what type of player you are looking for. If you are not bothered about a players age then untick "Age". If as you originally said you want to play at a very small club you will prob have "£0" transfer funds so set "contract status" to "expired" or "value" to "0". If you are looking for a "Defender Centre" then obviously set Position to this. Beside the "Match" attributes it will still say 47/47, change this to say 10/47. Then click on "General Info" scroll down menu go to "Attributes" then "Defensive". All the defensive stats should now be showing. Click on "Tackling" to sort from highest to lowest. Click on Assistant to filter out "Unrealistic transfers". You can now adjust the "Match" up/down & the minimum up/down.

Do the same for all defenders. For MC change Tackling for Passing, Wingers Crossing/Flair, SC Finishing ect.

Also please not that I have signed players before that were filtered out as uninterested by my assistant so beware of that.

This is a good way of finding players who's contracts are up at the end of the season by setting "contract expires in 6 months" on 31st Dec/start of Jan.

This is also a good way of finding regen's after a few seasons by setting "Age" to is at most 16/17/18/19... whatever you like.

Have a play around with it & add conditions to suit what you want. If you want a big Defender of Forward add "height is at least 6'2" ect". Remember that you saved the original filters so you can always quickly revert back to them if needed.

I don't think that this brings up all of the players currently in the game & is effected by how good your assistant & scouts are, but even if they are all rubbish it still works.

I hope that this was helpful & not to complicated to understand. If you have any questions about this or if I did not explain it clearly then feel free to ask.

Happy player searching...

Last edited:
Hey I just noticed that you won the European Super Cup in my city! :D I'm kinda proud to see our stadium out there :) Btw just outta curiosity, what's your manager description? The best I ever got was "Talented Manager".

Yeah that is what mine is. Not sure what the others are.

Most recent

Despite resting some key players for the League Cup Final Droylsden have retained the trophy for the second year in emphatic style after smashing Aston Villa.

The Droylsden Manager said before the final that with a top of the table clash away to Manchester City four days later it is an opportunity for some of the young fringe players to show what they have got to offer.

Very wealthy Man City are putting up a strong fight in this seasons Premiership title race & when two Manchester giants come head to head in 4 days time it is sure to be a classic.

All square

Man City scored a late goal to secure a point & stop Droylsden from pulling away in the title race. With Droylsden having already dropped more points than they did last season the final 10 games of the season are all massive.

Unfortunately goal machine Amos sprained his ankle in the game & is set to be out for 4-5 weeks.

End of the Line...

It’s a sad day. I think my time at Droylsden has come to an end. I won the Champions League again funny enough meeting Barca in the Final. I'm not sure how I can improve my squad. I have 2 totally different 11 players that I think are capable of winning the Premiership not including my youth team.

I am semi tempted to keep going to see if it is possible to get a second new stadium built & to try & make them the richest club in the world (currently 7th), highest reputation club in the world (currently 4th) but other than that I think the challenge is over. My squad is still very young & I think they are only going to improve but I think I’ve lost the passion.

Maybe try to get to the top of the hall of fame above Sir Alex. Has anyone done that before?

Any suggestions to keep it interesting?

I can’t even think of any other challenge that I’d be interested in. Maybe try & win the champions league with a team from a really small nation…?

I briefly though that I'd resign & take another job in the Blue Square N/S & try & do it again but it would be daft as I'd have world class reputation, plus I don't think I'd have the energy & I'd hate to see someone else in charge at Droylsden.

Cheers

this is a fantastic career mate, and yeah I guess it's hard to find new motivations to go on now that's the problem of most long-term saves.

you could try to win everything only using players out of your youth setup as your facilities should be good enough at this point. Or you could try to develop a club and a national team in a smaller country and lead them to glory.

personally I can only sponsor the San Marino Challenge, as it merges the typical LLM career and the challenge of developing a tiny NT by using players produced at your club :)

hahahaha that guy has firmly shut up fair play to u! only person i know that could do such a thing with patience even getting relegated fair play!!! I've just started the fm base challenge think i might just do this one instead!

I say keep going. You've already made this club yours. And if you take over at another club and you don't settle in it like you did in this one it could ruin your save. So I say keep going until you and your club become #1 in everything! And when you really reach the very very very top, you'll share it with us again and we'll all be even more envious and proud to have such a great manager like you between us :)

What about saving your game now, then splitting the save in 2 or more:

-1st save is keep playing with Droylsden until you are the top team of the world.
-2nd save could be trying a kind of "The Pentegon Challenge" although you didn't start unemployed, but i am sure that if you win all 5 Continental champions leagues and bringing all the teams you play with from bottom league to the top one of their country will be recognized...
- Other ideas....

Was gonna have a Droylsden game... but matey just plucked them right outta the deck

Great achievement mate... sounded fun

The story continues...

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I've decided to continue with the Droylsden game as I think my squad still have the best years in front of them & I'd like to make them the best team ever (oldest player is 27).

It's still really annoying that I have only rented youth facilities. My big hope would be that as my stadium has been sold out every week for the past 3 years that at some point I get a second new stadium built & also that I am then allowed to build my own youth facilities. I only made a £20m profit last year & yet my greedy Chairman (only person on the board) took £17m in dividends & left me with a £3m profit. My total income was £309m tho. Its hard to build up some decent cash in the bank when your chairman takes 85% of you profit at the end of each year.

I'll keep you posted on any developments.

you dont have attribute player masking on which makes the game miles easier

you dont have attribute player masking on which makes the game miles easier

You obviously don't have common sense. If you did you would have taken note of the warning post from Dunc

Season 2025/26

Unfortunately I was not able to win the Champions League 3 years in a row as I got put out on away goals in the semi's against Sevilla who went on to win it. I had some interesting results along the way as you can see below. Other than that I won everything else.

I wanted to go the whole season undefeated in the league, however after going 57 games without loosing I lost 2 league games in a row. Gutted... I also wanted to finish on over 100 points which I never managed.

I've also attached a couple of Argentinian players that I brought in to the club who are pretty good.

y dont you play the game proper without attribute masking an stop playin it the easy way bein able to find top player easy as *** without avin to look hard to find em lets brag about doin well on an easy settin play it properly an stop cheatin. attribute maskin off never heard nothin so ridiculous im the best on this game by far dnt like seein ppl thinkin ther gud avin the game on an easy settin so take attribute maskin off grow some balls an play it the mans way