About testing, are you using a normal save(perhaps with a no injuries edit, to have the same team to test with every time) as test inviroment or a specialized test setup? Wondered a bit about what would be best, if I want to have a go on making tactics, even though I usual suck at it

Testing using same team, same games. Injuries etc occur, not ideal but tbh the results i.e. scoreline is not what i'm looking at, it's more the performance of the tactic and how certain scenarios are played out.

Seems more stable at the back this tac

hi Chrissy dude i done a bit of a mesh between four four two tactic and one of mine and i found it to go really well gets the strikers a lot more involved and scoring more you think you can give it a go see what you think of it?

View attachment 1207910

Iv'e been testing all day. FourFourTwo is the best version (upgrade from titled tactics Tannerbaw, Scotia & Scotia.rg) I can make using Rego's pyramid throw ins and TFF's set pieces. Iv'e found TFFs corners are more efficient, average a goal every second game with high level teams and every 3/4 games with mid table sides. Augustin1979's set piece routine for corners works but I can't use it without taking away a key component of the tactic, i.e. IWB's and tbh set pieces are there to boost a tactic they are not the reason for the tactic, so iv'e went with TFFs which are generating good results.

It's brilliant. Not game breaking but the results are really good.

hi Chrissy dude i done a bit of a mesh between four four two tactic and one of mine and i found it to go really well gets the strikers a lot more involved and scoring more you think you can give it a go see what you think of it?

View attachment 1207910

Hi dude iv'e tried it. I'll be honest, I prefer my version but if the changes are ones you prefer for your play style then fair enough. I love the strikers being on the end of stuff, breaking into channels. Not looking for them to contribute so much in the build up.

Folks, I need to do some work now.

Hand on heart I think I have provided the most optimized version possible for a FourFourTwo formation.

I'll be back on here after the Champions League final to make other versions for different formations. Until then, just enjoy the tactic.

If you are looking for varying formations and play styles go give the other threads a look and get some variety.

In the meantime i'd love to see other peoples results using FourFourTwo.

Testing using same team, same games. Injuries etc occur, not ideal but tbh the results i.e. scoreline is not what i'm looking at, it's more the performance of the tactic and how certain scenarios are played out.

Thanks for the advice, i'll keep that in mind if i get a crazy idea :)

Don't forget the final this evening - hope both that and the CL final shows some great football (H)

For general training take a look into this!

https://community.sigames.com/topic/456632-journey-to-line-%E2%80%93-one-man%E2%80%99s-mission-from-the-couch-to-the-training-ground/

I've been using since i first found it and now i have my *** man all the time saying during games that the set pieces training are bearing its fruits!
Dont mind your players saying they not getting enough attention! It goes well with any kind of tatic, and even better with one with good set pieces!

Cheers! :)

Had a qQick scan and it reads well. Will add to the main opening post, thank you.

Dude, it's no use. I take counter-attacks on the corners and releases all the time. This is like suicide. I can not find a decent patch tactic 19.3.4. Help me.
Dude, it's no use. I take counter-attacks on the corners and releases all the time. This is like suicide. I can not find a decent patch tactic 19.3.4. Help me.

Dude, upload your save and i'll have a look. Otherwise I can't help. Trust me, if you are using FourFourTwo and have comparable players tot he league you are in and follow the instructions given, you will win games.

Tff corners may be anything but suicide it isnt one of them ! i dont remember being countered on corners with is routine in ever, with all kinds of teams between premier league and vanarama conference

Dude, upload your save and i'll have a look. Otherwise I can't help. Trust me, if you are using FourFourTwo and have comparable players tot he league you are in and follow the instructions given, you will win games.

you had a little time for the filters

Tff corners may be anything but suicide it isnt one of them ! i dont remember being countered on corners with is routine in ever, with all kinds of teams between premier league and vanarama conference

I have no idea what's going on then, my dear friend. The goalkeeper simply grabs the ball and gives a forward kick that quickly becomes a dangerous and lethal counterattack. I do not know if my game has adapted to these bids, I do not know, but it just does not work. I take 2, 3 silly goals and the same way. I am vulnerable defensively and I depend on lateral throws to score goals. Not so good to me.

For general training take a look into this!

https://community.sigames.com/topic/456632-journey-to-line-%E2%80%93-one-man%E2%80%99s-mission-from-the-couch-to-the-training-ground/

I've been using since i first found it and now i have my *** man all the time saying during games that the set pieces training are bearing its fruits!
Dont mind your players saying they not getting enough attention! It goes well with any kind of tatic, and even better with one with good set pieces!

Cheers! :)

Btw iv'e noticed a real difference to player development in conjunction with the mentoring of younger players. Thanks

Iv'e been testing all day. FourFourTwo is the best version (upgrade from titled tactics Tannerbaw, Scotia & Scotia.rg) I can make using Rego's pyramid throw ins and TFF's set pieces. Iv'e found TFFs corners are more efficient, average a goal every second game with high level teams and every 3/4 games with mid table sides. Augustin1979's set piece routine for corners works but I can't use it without taking away a key component of the tactic, i.e. IWB's and tbh set pieces are there to boost a tactic they are not the reason for the tactic, so iv'e went with TFFs which are generating good results.

It's brilliant. Not game breaking but the results are really good.

Hi dude iv'e tried it. I'll be honest, I prefer my version but if the changes are ones you prefer for your play style then fair enough. I love the strikers being on the end of stuff, breaking into channels. Not looking for them to contribute so much in the build up.

No problem mate just an idea

Btw iv'e noticed a real difference to player development in conjunction with the mentoring of younger players. Thanks

They get way less injury risk, and they still develop their attributes by playing normally in games! get youngsters game time is the best way for them to develop ! so the training can be only focused on recuperation and stuff that will impact directly the next game performance! :)

It may also be just my impression but i think i tend to score more with set pieces when im using this training regimes!

One of the things you could do to make it work even better is at game settings , set all games to be played on saturday and wednesday! this will make 2 times easier to implement this regimes !

Try the new FourFourTwo, ML takes Left side corner, MR takes Right side corner.

You will get results.

• Do not mess about with player positions in set pieces, leave as they are. Likewise don’t add a corner taker AT ALL

Corners
Don't change the taker. (credit TTF)
- ML takes left corner
- MR takes right corner

Throw in’s
The pyramid style works, don’t **** about with it. (credit Rego08)
- DL should take the left throw-ins
- DR should take the right throw-ins

Hello everyone :)

With Tactic FourFourTwo I assume and based of what I understand after reading this thread two times now, the current best setup is the following:
  • No one takes the corner
  • Right back and left backs assigned for throw-ins
Is this correct?

Last edited:

With Tactic FourFourTwo I assume and based of what I understand after reading this thread two times now, the current best setup is the following:
Is this correct?

DL and DR takes throw ins, MR right corners , ml left corners! All assigned! ;)

Last edited:

Is this correct?

ML takes left corner, MR takes right corner
DL takes left throw in, DR takes right throw in.

The opening post is updated and has current uptodate instructions. Apologies for the confusion as we were all collectively workshopping it on the thread earlier.

They get way less injury risk, and they still develop their attributes by playing normally in games! get youngsters game time is the best way for them to develop ! so the training can be only focused on recuperation and stuff that will impact directly the next game performance! :)

It may also be just my impression but i think i tend to score more with set pieces when im using this training regimes!

One of the things you could do to make it work even better is at game settings , set all games to be played on saturday and wednesday! this will make 2 times easier to implement this regimes !

I'm certainly noticing the difference with everything, set pieces, performance. The preseason one is good but the match week one works like a charm.