Eds' José Mourinho ParkThePlane Tactical Workshop

Would this work good in the swedish league?

can you screen shot the advance tactics to please?

Tactic looks great Trying to decide what team to play as. Do you think this tactic will work with Napoli's Marek Hamsik or Jose Sosa as the AMC?

not a good tactic for man city,every team control the game and if it's a good team they win...

I have lots of moments, but the team has a bad realization :( I know, that my training regimes are poor..

Evidently u guys only joined for the tactics, no wonder the site has been so slow XDXD

I have just started using the tactic with liverpool. I have experimented playing gerrard as the right wing back whilst johnson was injured and it worked well... I need to buy a new left back and im not 100% happy with joe cole's performances in the AMC role so will look to buy at the end of the season.... i have changed the target mans supply in torres's case to run onto the ball, mixed results. I am bit worried about playing offside with carragher playing at centre half and therefore i have played mostly skrtel and agger as the two centre halves.

Just wait until Aquilani comes back from the loan, in Fm 10 he was pure class in the hole. Unlike in real life, I dont think that in FM Juventus decide to buy Aquilani.

Will do mate, Ill at least give him the chance to prove himself.

I hope your not biased as i can see the aquilani loving you've got going on!? Just kidding....lol.

Im currently 4th having struggled at the start of the season, but now through to the semis of the fa cup and quarters of europa. Poulsen is playing superbly in the anchor role.

Liverpool are perfect for this tactic -- Meireles is superb as the ball winning MC, and Gerrard as the other MC (the box-to-box). Ideally you need to replace the AMC, Joe Cole is a weak link.
Konchesky is obviously not good enough either. And I agree, Poulsen is an excellent DMC, although he has a tendency to get too many yellows/reds.

Yeah ive noticed a few red cards flying about but ive got to say, once you do go down to ten men all you need to do is play with the target man upfront (run onto the ball) and you still seem to get results... Ive been playing lucas as the ball winning midfielder! Maybe i should give meireles a shot.

Is it neccesary to set the size of the pitch to narrow, or doesn't that matter?

Just one question, do you really think this is Mourinho tactic?lol
Mourinho normally uses 4-5-1, that on atack easilly change for 4-3-3
3 Midlefields on the center(1 creative, one ball winner and one that support the middlefield in "everythink"), 2 inside forwards...
At least this is my way to see Mourinho managing....I'm I wrong?
BTW sorry about my English :)

I really think this is one of the most efective tactics since FM starts ;)

now worked with me .. i lost 6-0 to WOLVES...

better m playing with same 4-1-2-1-2 but wins so many

See attachments plus.... i have done as u said match prep also.. see the subs and reserve squad also in first 10 matches i lost 9 and GD is -21 is my squad too cheap :( :(

I play with small/lower league teams usually starting as unemployed and this for me was the best tactic for 2011 so far. Can't wait for V2

I've downloaded your tactic but I'm not technically using it. The formation and player roles are essentially the same, I just left things a little more bare with regards to individual player actions. And I've picked and chosen from the team instructions set out in it.

Regardless, a pedant may say the quality of a tactic is in the nuances, but it's basically yours. And it's working quite well.

View attachment 112545

Edit: Add to the above a 2-1 away win at Norwich (coming from behind) and a 3-0 home win against Cardiff/Bellamy.

Last edited:
Hey mate, I tested with Tottenham.

Made a few signings-
Vagner Love
Oscar Cardozo
Vaclac Kadlec

Ive got some up and down results so far.

Played five matches
Won 2 Drew 2 and lost 1

The two wins were at home and the loss and the draws away

Arsenal 2-2 Spurs (Cardozo,Huddlestone) Huddlestone saved a loss by scoring a last minute equaliser

Auxerre 1-0 Spurs

Wolves 1-1 Spurs(Cardozo)

Spurs 2-0 Auxerre(Cardozo,Gallas)

Spurs 2-1 Liverpool (Kadlec,Palacios)

Not a bad tactic to say the least. The away results are okay. What I noted was that the Advanced Forward(Vagner Love in my case) isnt getting the best of ratings. I changed the role to poacher and Kadlec scored against Liverpool. But I still think that 5 games is a little less to judge a tactic so I will test it further.

Go to see so many downloads and comments. I am considering changing this thread to my Jose Mourinho Workshop, as I am considering releasimg other Mourinho formations as well. Hmmmm... Also, ParkThePlane 4-3-1-2 will likely be released this weekend.

Possible Changes.
- Advanced Striker role changed to Poacher
- Passing focused through the middle
- Central Defenders made into the Cover/Stopper combo rather than Defend/Defend
- Home and Away Tactic?
- Slightly decreasing the height of the defensive line

Any other thoughts?

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:23 PM ----------

Also, working on other formations now as well. What would people like to see? Thinking of doing a 4-5-1/4-3-3 similar to the one he used at Chelsea and Inter. Then eventually, will get onto the 4-2-3-1 he is using at Madrid. Thoughts?

can you build a more attacking tactic,something like 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 but with attacking format?

I tried this tactic now with t-h-e best team I could do with editor to see how it works with this tactic,but I don't see really good results,I even lost to arsenal and chelsea at their home
I think I could have more success with a more attacking tactic...