testing mate, will try post a few results tonight, thank you for the tactic :)

Just bought Y.Sanogo.
But Eds: His attribute seems not to be the best for target man support??!!
Do you think he would perform anyway? Maybe i should use him as a substitute? He is only 17^^)

He would perform well in both the striker roles IMO. Give him the odd game, but if you're Leicester you have two good strikers anyway. Eventually bring him in and by the time he is 18 and a bit, he'll dominant for you.

as promised heres some quick results from your tactic, for half the season i used Jps 11.2 then switched to this and these were my results, its help me in the table stay unbeaten, i used max pitch size and i have to say Hulk doesnt want to stop scoring, really good tactic and i will post the whole season result by sunday if thats ok? thank you for your great tactic

just finished the season and loved it, great tactic, won the premier league by miles only with 2 losses (one because i played the inexperienced players and regens) and won the league cup aswell, however i did lose the Fa cup fifth round to liverpool (3-2) and lost in the champions league last 16 to bayern munich (3 - 2) tactic was good and consistant and look forward to using it again :)
P.S: i used your same tactic but in standard philosophy when away from home.

Thanks for testing it mate - I'm grateful. Good to se you get such amazing results as well. 102 points is fantastic.

Cheers.

I'm going to give this a try I like the idea of a partnership with a targetman and poacher, and honestly creating my own tactic keeps going to the wall. :(

Thank you very much for this I'll pick a team and then post some results later on as my feedback.

Hi Eds,

Just a quick question, playing against Barcelona in the Champions League first knockout round. Barca came to the lane and got a 2-3 Victory, what approach do you suggest I take to the Nou Camp?

Play the same way you usually would, except press even more than usual. Tell me how it goes mate.

Hey Eds and all,
Just thought I'd post some feedback of my results so far with my Man Utd save. So far I'm having a pretty good season I'd say, I'll let the screenshots speak rather than myself.
As a side note I also created the "away version" of your tactic you suggested, by switching the philosphy to standard. And so far I'm very impressed.

The only thing I would say so far is that my strikers in general are not very prolific, grabbing the ocassional goal and such, but the inside forwards and central defenders (Vidic in particular) love to score. But truthfully I'm not going to complain just wondered if anyone else has encountered the same thing.
I'll post some final screenshots and results at the end of my first season. Really enjoying this tacitc so far. Congratulations on your creation Eds.

Take a look at the screenshots below.

Oh and just as an interesting side note for you too....I have actually convinced the board to sign Hugo Lloris as Van Der Sar will be retiring at the end of the season. They are paying 38mil for him and he is due to arrive in January 2011.

Last edited:
this is for 11.3 right?
gonna be useing it for notts county, wish me luck :)

Last edited:
Just downloaded this tactic, as always I'll be testing with Liverpool for two season's.

i am absolutely loving this tactic :D
this is the first time ive ever used a successful 4-4-2
also the inside forwards/wingers are fantastic well done and thank you

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

also im taking your advice and using your away standard tactic, this is the first time ive had a separate away tactic and its working like a charm.
ive one question though, why is the playmaker and target man the same person?

ahhh thought so but wanted to make sure i had'nt accidentily changed it :p thanks

A little feedback after a few games, as Liverpool, 1st game Blackpool at home, won 4-0, 70% possession, 27 shots, 15 on target, should had have more goals. 2nd game was a friendly against Kilmarnock on international weekend for my kids, this tactic did not work at all, I am guessing you need a ceratin calibre of player in certain positions (like the deep lying playmaker) to make it work. 3rd game away at Arsenal, lost 3-0. BUT I had 60% possession 20 shots, 8 on target. Arsenal had 4 shots on target and scored 3. It was "one of those games." The odd thing was I had set my tactics to standard before the game and about halfway through when I was looking to give a touchline shout I saw the tactic setting in the quick instruction was on control still. After I altered that to standard the team was much better in the 2nd half.

nice goal difference there, scoring loads and tight at the back, what more could you want :D