Can you might put a screenshot of your team and league table??
Would be very nnice(H)

Used your tactic with my tottenham team who i have been with for 2 years now in 2015. Still have some of the really good players bale, lennon, vaart etc my record having started to use mid way through the season was
P17 W10 D1 L6 F36 A20 GD+16

I won the carling cup (i got to the final using another tactic)

Inter Milan

Hi, I'm trying to figure this tactic out but i'm not an expert so I need some help. I have Inter Milan and I have been using the "park the plane" tactic from Eds for a while now, but now I would like to try this 442 variant. My players in the midfield were usually Pastore-Sneijder- Muntari with Cambiasso behind them and Milito and Lucas Barrios as strikers. Now with this 442 I dont know how to place the players, especially Sneijder and Pastore who are probably very similar players. Hope you can help me. Thanks

@GreatInter. Please post your entire squad up for me and I'll help you as much as I can.

Inter Milan

Thank you so much Ed. I've been following your tactics for a few months with great results. Hope this one also works for me.

Here's the squad

Goalie

Julio Cesar

Defense

Maicon
Coentrao
Samuel
Cordoba
Nelson Rivas
Santon

Midfield

Cambiasso
Muntari
Motta
Sneijder
Pastore
Stankovic
Afellay
Coutinho

Strikers

Milito
Acquafresca
Lucas Barrios
Pinilla

Thank you so much Ed. I've been following your tactics for a few months with great results. Hope this one also works for me.

Here's the squad

Goalie

Julio Cesar

Defense

Maicon
Coentrao
Samuel
Cordoba
Nelson Rivas
Santon

Midfield

Cambiasso
Muntari
Motta
Sneijder
Pastore
Stankovic
Afellay
Coutinho

Strikers

Milito
Acquafresca
Lucas Barrios
Pinilla

Sneijder - Cambiasso

Pastore...........-...Stankovic/Afellay
I'd go with that as the midfield, mate. (Y)​

Seems like people are getting great results with this mate either going to test in Scotland or Germany :)

heres my starting 11
reina
johnson carragher agger aurelio
mireles vidal
gerrard bryan ruiz
carroll suarez
im having lots of chances each game an my opponents having hardly any but im just not scoring

I'd change it so that you have Gerrard in the "instrumental" Deep Lying Playmaker/MCR role. You want him to control the game, really.

Tested it for a season with Ajax. (default 11.3 team)

Finished number 1 in the league (as expected), lost the semi final in the cup and didnt do well in europe unfortunatly.

in the league 34 matches played, +49goal difference (best in the league).
Compared to other tactics im conceding abit more goals. but the overall result was very nice, except for europe.

Hope you can do something with this information.

grtz

Have been giving this a go with Villa.

I've just reached the January window having only made one addition to the default 11.3 Villa Squad (signed Senijad Ibricic for the DLP role, though Bannan has made continued improvements in training and has actually been starting more often at this point).

The tactic has worked very well for creating the desired possession and is brilliant offensively, cheers to that.

However, and this is probably like 90% on my personnel, I've found it to be extremely leaky on the defensive end, particularly against top competition. I really want to chalk that up to Collins/Clark being particularly useless leaving Dunne as my lone solid centreback.

Anyway, for results thus far, we went undefeated in the group stages of the Europa League against AZ, Sampdoria, and one other random Eastern European squad.

Domestically, we did record a pretty impressive 3-0 home win against Man City, and a 2-0 win at Anfield, but we did get smoked by Chelsea (5-0), Man U (3-0), Arsenal (3-0), Tottenham (3-0), and blegh, Sunderland (6-1). 20 games total, we've scored 35 and conceded 35. 11 wins, 8 losses, and 1 draw.

We appear to be particularly leaky away from home. At home we have 7 wins, 2 losses, and 1 draw, scoring 22, and conceding 12. Away from home we have 4 wins and 6 losses, scoring just 13, and conceding 23.

Any suggestions on what to tweak away from home (other than the switch to Standard)?

Managing with Villa myself - I sort of know your situation.

I made various improvements to the Villa backline; bringing in Joseph Yobo and Micah Richards. Villa's defense really is quite poor, and that's probably why it is leaky.

I also brought in Nico Krancjar to play the DLP role, and he's worked very well. Jean II Makoun can also play there, with Petrov in the BWM role. Up front, is difficult though, to fit Bent and Gabby in.

The tactic doesn't really suit Villa, but it is doable.

I recommend signing a really decent centre-back and maybe put the aggression of all your players (in Advanced tactics) down one or two notches.

Managing with Villa myself - I sort of know your situation.

I made various improvements to the Villa backline; bringing in Joseph Yobo and Micah Richards. Villa's defense really is quite poor, and that's probably why it is leaky.

I also brought in Nico Krancjar to play the DLP role, and he's worked very well. Jean II Makoun can also play there, with Petrov in the BWM role. Up front, is difficult though, to fit Bent and Gabby in.

The tactic doesn't really suit Villa, but it is doable.

I recommend signing a really decent centre-back and maybe put the aggression of all your players (in Advanced tactics) down one or two notches.

Well, the board gave me quite a significant transfer budget thanks to the early results (£23m). Of which I spent about £10m to bring in Jan Vertonghen from Ajax. Not exactly a physical presence, but I feel like he'd be a good complement to Richard Dunne as more of a cover type to Dunne's stopping ability. Spent the rest on Douglas Costa and Eren Derdiyok. Didn't feel like Agbonlahor was the best man for the job at target man (or Heskey for that matter). Pairing Derdiyok and Agbonlahor in my starting XI and will use Bent as a substitute (or vice versa). Costa, I hope to provide a spark off the bench as well.

I don't think it's an unsuitable tactic for Villa by any means though. Young and Downing are a solid pair of inside forwards, and I feel like Gabby is a useful poacher. But, yeah, obviously Villa's defense is super-weak. Hopefully Jan helps with that. I'll provide a further update at the end of the season.

Last edited:
Well, the board gave me quite a significant transfer budget thanks to the early results (£23m). Of which I spent about £10m to bring in Jan Vertonghen from Ajax. Not exactly a physical presence, but I feel like he'd be a good complement to Richard Dunne as more of a cover type to Dunne's stopping ability. Spent the rest on Douglas Costa and Eren Derdiyok. Didn't feel like Agbonlahor was the best man for the job at target man (or Heskey for that matter). Pairing Derdiyok and Agbonlahor in my starting XI and will use Bent as a substitute (or vice versa). Costa, I hope to provide a spark off the bench as well.

I don't think it's an unsuitable tactic for Villa by any means though. Young and Downing are a solid pair of inside forwards, and I feel like Gabby is a useful poacher. But, yeah, obviously Villa's defense is super-weak. Hopefully Jan helps with that. I'll provide a further update at the end of the season.

The fact that you've got a 25m striker sitting on the bench shows it isn't exactly a Villa tactic - meanwhile, it is certainly doable. Vertonghen is a good signing - yes.

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

this tactic is awesome but due to bad signings and bad luck im 21st in my 2nd season with it although it has nothing to due with the tactics just my bad judgement lol
selling a team that finished league 1 2nd with most goals scored and replacing it with old foreigners is NOT a good idea

this tactic is awesome but due to bad signings and bad luck im 21st in my 2nd season with it although it has nothing to due with the tactics just my bad judgement lol
selling a team that finished league 1 2nd with most goals scored and replacing it with old foreigners is NOT a good idea

Thank you for the positive feedback mate. Good luck with the rest of your save.

Well, I'm happy to report that it was merely a matter of upgrading at centreback and target man was all it took to bring success. I'm really quite satisfied with the results. Brilliant work sir.

Following January 1st, we played 18 premiership games, coming away with 10 wins, including a 6 game winning streak with a 1-0 win over Man U and 2-1 over Arsenal, 6 draws, 0-0 with Chelsea, 1-1 with Spurs and Liverpool for notables, and just 2 losses, 1-0 to Birmingham (that one hurt), and 4-3 @ Manchester City.

Scored 40 in the 18 games, while conceding 22, 4 of which came in the final game of the season which both Vertonghen and Dunne missed to injury.

Overall we finished 1st in the premiership with 75 goals, 13th in goals conceded at 58. Qualified for the Europa League with a comfortable cushion in 6th place, 14 points ahead of Liverpool.

Ashley Young was named as English Footballer of the Year with 8 goals, 17 assists, 7 MoMs, and a 7.52 rating. Agbonlahor led the team with 16 goals in 30 league apps, Bent behind him with 12 in 33, followed by Derdiyok with 10 and 5 assists in a mere 17 apps. Marc Albrighton was second on the team in assists behind Young with 11 in 29 apps. Bannan turned up with 2 goals, 6 assists, and an average rating of 7.03 in his 32 apps as the DLP. Completed 86% of his passes.

Again, well done with the tactic. I'm impressed.

I'm gonna give this a shot for my Spartak side- see if i can use it to trump CSKA, Zenit, Lokomotiv, Rubin and Dinamo consistently as well trying to perform much better in Europe. Used a similar tactic (Simple Tactics Middle) and won 1st season in with 59 goals scored and 14 conceded.

The use of the inside forwards is an attractive prospect (Willian and Aidan McGeady- especially when i paid 13.25M for the former) especially when you say it works well with the big man (Dzyuba, standing at 194cm with 16 heading, 17 strength and jumping).

As for my DLP- that goes to Bressan or Alex. Poacher goes to Welliton (equally damaging in RL).

A steady tactic - but found the AI quickly hammered it...