I am not sure whether I have set up something wrong but it seems to me that Deeplying playmakers in this tactic is close to worthless.

At least my DLP basically never gets the ball, he has the least amount of passes made to him in my entire team and can't really understand why.

And then when he gets the ball, he usually pass a extremely quick short pass back to the one who made the pass to him / to someone else close by. Extremely rarely does he make a decent pass higher up the pitch / a through ball.

A typical example is that he pass the balls to the ballwinning midfielder who just made a pass to him and then the ball winning midfielder pass the ball higher up the pitch / to the flanks. This is quite rare because most of the times my ball winning midfielder doesn't pass to him at all.

Also, most of the time the goalkeeper starts off by passing to either my DL / DR who then make a pass to my wingers and my midfield never gets to see the ball.

So basically, I want to know if there's anything I can do to get more out of my DLP as I just spent 20 million £ on one and he barely gets the ball.

I am not sure whether I have set up something wrong but it seems to me that Deeplying playmakers in this tactic is close to worthless.

At least my DLP basically never gets the ball, he has the least amount of passes made to him in my entire team and can't really understand why.

And then when he gets the ball, he usually pass a extremely quick short pass back to the one who made the pass to him / to someone else close by. Extremely rarely does he make a decent pass higher up the pitch / a through ball.

A typical example is that he pass the balls to the ballwinning midfielder who just made a pass to him and then the ball winning midfielder pass the ball higher up the pitch / to the flanks. This is quite rare because most of the times my ball winning midfielder doesn't pass to him at all.

Also, most of the time the goalkeeper starts off by passing to either my DL / DR who then make a pass to my wingers and my midfield never gets to see the ball.

So basically, I want to know if there's anything I can do to get more out of my DLP as I just spent 20 million £ on one and he barely gets the ball.

Hmmmm... that's very odd.

I'm curious. What team are you, and who is the player?

And yes, the goalkeeper should pass the ball to the DR or DL who have a number of options to pass to with the wingers being one of them (but also the nearest CB and CMs).

What could possibly work is if you change your DLP's passing setting. Change it to Mixed, and tell me the results. (Y)

To add to this Eds, i'm playing with Arsenal and sitting comfortably in 2nd, but Fabregas is lucky if he gets a 7- despite having the highest pass completion in the league at 92%- is this due to a flaw in the ME calculating player ratings or would you recommend the above tweaks to bump up his ratings? Still, this along with your Park the Plane tactic are the most consistent i've used this year, keep up the good work!

Thanks forlanstar, appreciate it.

I have decided I will be releasing a version 2 of this tactic, with the main focus on making the DLP more destructive, whilst also receiving the ball a large amount. I've got a fair few ideas to do this, so yeah... the more people give feedback like this, the quicker the tactic can come.

I will try Fabregas with mixed passing and see if his ratings pick up. I also noticed he is always exhausted by the end of the match- could this be because be because he is receiving the ball too much as result of being target man as well as playmaker? Something to perhaps bear in mind for V2.

The fact he's exhausted isn't because of the tactic, I don't think. But yeah, I'll take your comments in mind when creating version 2.

Finally finished my season with spurs lads, sorry it took so long Eds, however this tactic is amazing and you have done well producing it.
First season with Spurs and I manage to do the double winning the league and the FA cup. The only real disappointment was the league cup where I went out in the first round against Bolton..

Btw, Modric was a beast.

Here are some screenshots..

Congratulations. What was your team for most of the year?

Congratulations. What was your team for most of the year?

Gomes

Corluka
Gallas
King/Dawson
benoit assou-ekotto/ Baines

VdV
Sandro/Palacios

Modric
Bale

Crouch
Defoe

Didn't really sign many new players, just brought in Kadlec and Babacar but haven't used them much except from League cup and FA cup..
Any ideas on who to sign now mate?

Mate have to say this tactic seems bulletproof so far. I'm not a big fan of playing with other people's tactics but I just wanted to see how this would do with the Liverpool squad in the first season. I'm hoping of making a good tactic next season with the help of yours and the links you gave in the opening post.

Suarez has been on fire but unfortunately that can't be said for Carroll (at least not so far) so I have a feeling Lukaku will soon take his place.

I just have a couple of questions and the first one is about corners. I'm assuming you intentionally left the instructions blank? Have you had good scoring from corners without specific instructions?
Also, I'd like to know if the 2 wingers should have opposite stronger foots because they cut inside? Cause I currently have Hazard on the left and Ruiz on the right.

Thanks for the tactic and great job mate!

Does someone have a proper download link to the tactic ?

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Anyways the link in the main post takes u to some other fm site which is tough to navigate to say the least
anywyas here's an alternative download link for people whod ont want to be forcibly redirected to another website
Eds' Little 'n' Large 4-4-2 Variant.tac