El Gran Repte d'Andorra (The Great Andorran Challenge)

MojoDex

Reaction score
After dominating in my last save with Guernsey and finding myself at a slight dead end, with no real place to go after I had got them to be the biggest stage and won it all. I have decided to steal a march from the great San Marino challenge, But I will be using FC Andorra playing in the 5th level of Spanish football, And the Andorran National team possibly the only national team in Europe that are as bad as San Marino.

For anyone curious what i'm about here is a link to my Guernsey story.
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...11755-fountain-youth-discovered-guernsey.html

The basic idea is the same as the San Marino challenge in that i will use the fortunes of the club to improve the Andorra national team, Hopefully ending up in world cup glory for Andorra.

Unlike the San Marino chellnge i won't set myself any starting goals. I will point out things i think are significant.

If anyone wants to have a look at the San Marino Challenge it can be found here.
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...narios/107232-great-san-marino-challenge.html

I played a season using Deathballs Spanish database found here
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=7327

However FC Andorra did not produce Andorran youth off this database so i had to re-edit it to ensure they did and it now works. It can be found attached here.
View attachment 310372

Also a medifire link for those having issues.
http://www.mediafire.com/?4ybmov3rlg24cpq

Credit to gogogo golem for telling me what to do regarding editing the database in this thread :)
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...scussion/114077-f-c-andorra-youth-intake.html

I have also loaded up leto2626's Andorran league to help with Andorran players. Here is the database link.
Andorra v1.0 - Downloads - Football Manager 2013 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

FC ANDORRA

Futbol Club Andorra is a football & futsal club based in Andorra la Vella (Andorra), established in 1942. They play in the Spanish football league system.

Most of the Andorra national football team are typically selected from FC Andorra, which currently competes in the Primera Catalana at the 5th level of the Spanish football league system. Though the club are based in Andorra, they have competed in the Spanish league system since 1948.

FC_Andorra_zpsfb7c8a2e.jpg

This is how everything stands when I started.
FCAndorra_SquadPlayers_zps1a929889.png

FCAndorra_OverviewProfile_zps0220794d.png

FCAndorra_InformationFacilities_zpsc87ecdc7.png

Don't let the 5 stars fool you this is not what i'm used to working with. The club aren't in a very good position, Financially or otherwise. So I will need to get them promoted in double quick time. Obviously Unlike my Guernsey save I will be signing players where i need them. The long term view is a Cantera policy for the club and winning the world cup with Andorra.

The club obviously have some ambition but not the funds to back it up. I had already transfered my transfer budget into my wages at this point, Later in the season I may move it about if i need to pay for some signings.
win_zps3786858f.png

The bookies seem to agree though having us as overwhelming favpurites to go up.
odds_zps56a19d05.png

One strange rule in this division sees that i am only allowed 6 players over the age of 23. Great for the you but not so good for me working to an already tight budget. That said i'm all for youth, As a result some of my better players simply cannot play so have had to be let go.

These are some of the players i have kept.

scarMartnez_OverviewAttributes_zps0e83ec81.png

JuanAntonio_OverviewAttributes_zpsdf9ba3d5.png

LudovicClemente_OverviewAttributes_zpsa39f5d81.png

LucasReguero_OverviewAttributes_zps0b467d0c.png

XavierGil_OverviewAttributes_zpsd9763458.png

JoanCarlesToscano_OverviewAttributes_zps10f5e18c.png

MarcPujol_OverviewAttributes_zps439eb517.png

OriolOliva_OverviewAttributes_zpsd5d713c6.png

XaviSnchez_OverviewAttributes_zpsd9482d76.png

None of these players will be good enough long term, But we should be able to get out of the league without much trouble. The amount of quality players available is frightening, of course non of them want to join us(yet!). I'll keep an eye out on the 30 or so players i've already identified and see if i can coax any of them to join me some are playing at very low levels indeed.

First league updates tomorrow.

Last edited:
Preseason friendlies against Guernsey? This should be a cracking story and you'll probably be in the BBVA in about 5 years

oooo, im excited Already. this will be much harder than your guernsy one i think mojo.. anyway good luck ill be following for sure.

This is gonna be awesome. I love challenges like this - loved kanderson's San Marino challenge last year, your guernsey save and now this one. Best of luck mate! Will follow with intrigue! Initially are you just gonna focus on the club and then once you get to a higher league start trying to develop the nation or are you gonna try to do both simultaneously?

Preseason friendlies against Guernsey? This should be a cracking story and you'll probably be in the BBVA in about 5 years
I don't see any problems getting promoted as i can obviously sign players, Successive promotions shouldn't be an issue. I may have to do the playoffs once or twice though.
oooo, im excited Already. this will be much harder than your guernsy one i think mojo.. anyway good luck ill be following for sure.
I think the promotion part will be easier after that all bets are off. The second goal of Andorra should up the difficulty and longevity IMO

This is gonna be awesome. I love challenges like this - loved kanderson's San Marino challenge last year, your guernsey save and now this one. Best of luck mate! Will follow with intrigue! Initially are you just gonna focus on the club and then once you get to a higher league start trying to develop the nation or are you gonna try to do both simultaneously?
Yes just the club for now, If a result comes with the NT so be it.
Good luck with this, potentially following suit!
Thank you, Hopefully i'll lead by example!

I don't see any problems getting promoted as i can obviously sign players, Successive promotions shouldn't be an issue. I may have to do the playoffs once or twice though.

I think the promotion part will be easier after that all bets are off. The second goal of Andorra should up the difficulty and longevity IMO

Yes just the club for now, If a result comes with the NT so be it.

Thank you, Hopefully i'll lead by example!

Mojo, think I am going to give this a go. The link to the database you have used is not working though, can you put it up please?

Mojo, think I am going to give this a go. The link to the database you have used is not working though, can you put it up please?

I just downloaded it fine. I'll put it on mediafire or similar in a minute.

EDIT: it's up now i've updated first post.

Last edited:
hi mojo will be following this i have just started my fc andorra save did you find that sanchez wanted to leave right away no matter what i said he still wants to leave

hi mojo will be following this i have just started my fc andorra save did you find that sanchez wanted to leave right away no matter what i said he still wants to leave

He has been on and off the transfer list around 4 times so far. He's a pain and once replace him he can sit in the u19's!

ok 1 more thing the 6 over23 you can have how long does that go on for sorry if im taking up your time

ok 1 more thing the 6 over23 you can have how long does that go on for sorry if im taking up your time

I don't know i haven't finished my first season yet, I'll let you know once i do :)

Mojo,

You may have stumbled on something very useful to me.

You said how you edited the Spanish tier 5 system so FC Andorra produce players of Andorran nationality - How did you do this?

I'm looking to move Rangers into the conference in England, as currently proposed. However, in previous versions of FM anyway, when you attempted this it always produced English players through the youth system as you had to set the club's location to somewhere within England, thus producing English youth intakes instead of Scottish players if the club was still based in Glasgow.

This will be my next story after my Isle of Wisght one of course ;) Hopefully my computer doesn't randomly reset again, as it killed my Uerdingen save.

I'll be watching this with even more interest than the Guernsey save, which was just amazing. The challenge to build FC Andorra up to be better than Real Madrid and Barcelona one day will be immense - good luck to you Sir!

Last edited:
Mojo,

You may have stumbled on something very useful to me.

You said how you edited the Spanish tier 5 system so FC Andorra produce players of Andorran nationality - How did you do this?

I'm looking to move Rangers into the conference in England, as currently proposed. However, in previous versions of FM anyway, when you attempted this it always produced English players through the youth system as you had to set the club's location to somewhere within England, thus producing English youth intakes instead of Scottish players if the club was still based in Glasgow.

This will be my next story after my Isle of Wisght one of course ;) Hopefully my computer doesn't randomly reset again, as it killed my Uerdingen save.

I'll be watching this with even more interest than the Guernsey save, which was just amazing. The challenge to build FC Andorra up to be better than Real Madrid and Barcelona one day will be immense - good luck to you Sir!

It was actually gogogo golem that told me what to do, It can be found in this post http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...scussion/114077-f-c-andorra-youth-intake.html i'll add it to the first post aswell gogogo deserves credit.

Looks good. I'll follow. The continental cup nation isn't part of it actually but I corrected it to what it should be (also it might have made it impossible to play in Europe otherwise).

Looks good. I'll follow. The continental cup nation isn't part of it actually but I corrected it to what it should be (also it might have made it impossible to play in Europe otherwise).

Certainly want to play in Europe one day!

This is the formation we will be playing
tac_zpsa40e10a6.jpg

Something very alien to me signings!

Mario_OverviewAttributes_zps5f17b3cf.png

Abraham_OverviewAttributes_zps681d090c.png

CristianBelmonte_OverviewAttributes_zpsd1674e74.png

I exspect great things of Belmonte and Abraham, Mario i'm not sure but he is certainly good enough for the here and now.

10 games in and we are storming it. Two losses is all well and good when its grouped with 8 wins!
fix10_zps12d4930b.jpg

This leaves us top with a small but useful 2 point cushion
PrimeraDivisinPreferenteCatalanaGrupo2_OverviewStages_zps752e2501.png

Last edited:
Looking forward to this story continuing, the depth you went into with Guernsey was phenomenal!