Where Will Leeds Be In 4 Years Time

• Total voters

miskell99

Reaction score
GRAYSON LEAVES
0,,10273~4855512,00.jpg

Grayson says fairwell to Leeds faithful

Simon Grayson has today decided to step down as Leeds United boss which he said was down to personal reasons. The 40 year old said “ I am proud of my achievements here at Leeds United and leaving this fine club was always going to be a tough decision. I have stated to the board the reasons behind my resignation and have pointed out who I believe should be my successor. I wish whoever that may be, the best of luck.”
RADEBE SHOCK FAVOURITE FOR LEEDS JOB
Lucas%20RadebeWS.jpg

Leeds Legend to Return?

Sources close to Yvonne Allen have revealed that an interview will take place tomorrow with Leeds legend Lucas Radebe. Radebe was always a crowd favourite at Leeds but has no managerial experience. Bookmaker Paddy Power have stopped taking bets on Radebe becoming Leeds manager. Lucas has refused to comment on speculation.
BATES LAYS DOWN LAW TO FANS
Ken-Bates-001.jpg

Ken Bates doing his Lord Sugar Impression

Today Ken Bates laid down the challenge of a lifetime to fans of Leeds United. Bates has said “Football fans always think they know what they’re doing and always have an opinion on how things should be done so I have decided to see how much they really know by inviting open applications from Leeds supporters. 20 lucky fans will then be shortlisted for interviews.” This is obviously a completely unique idea and many experts say it will fail. Hundreds of Leeds United fans have already submitted their CVs in hope of a job in management. Coaching badges are needed but only in their most basic form.
AND THE MANAGER IS *?!:#@ ?
mystman.jpg

Ken Bates has today appointed lifelong Leeds fan Tom Miskell as manager of Leeds. Miskell has been handed a contract worth £6,000 per week. In an interview Miskell had this to say “ I represent every fan of Leeds United and football as I sit here as Leeds boss. Obviously I was amazed at the challenge laid down by Ken Bates and honoured to even make it to the interviews. My dad always told me about the Revie Years and my aim is to return them to this great club. Ken and I have discussed our aims and ambitions and I am well aware of the consequences if they are not achieved.”

Pre Season

Pre Season Update
We kicked off the season with 8 friendly fixtures including tests at home against Sporting Lisbon and away to West Brom.
Signings

Trial
Sylvain Wiltord 2 weeks
images

Carlos Merino 2 weeks
Leeds announced two players joining the club on trial for 2 week periods. The first of which is French international Sylvain Wiltord. The 36 year old has the opportunity to impress manager Miskell. The second trialist is midfield maestro Carlos Merino. The playmaker has a chance to resurrect his career and Elland Road could be the perfect place to do it.

Loan Signings

Miskell made four long term loan signings in this window, three players of which came from the Premier League. Miskell first addressed the problem right back area bringing in the promising youngster Seamus Coleman. Miskell said “Obviously Coleman is a fantastic signing and I hope he can help us push for promotion. Miskell then fought off many clubs to sign Gael Kakuta on a season long loan “ Gael is a promising young talent and I am extremely pleased he came to Leeds. I think he can learn a lot here and his aim will be to top the assist charts this season. The third Premier League loan signing is West Ham winger Junior Stanislas. He will also be here for the entire season “I made an enquiry for Junior almost straight away and when they said the deal was possible I was delighted to sign him.” The final loan signing was Celtic defensive midfielder Marc Crosas. The 22 year old signed to fill a missing hole in the Leeds team. “ I am pleased to have signed for a club with such history and will strive to improve it.”
J Stanislas (season long loan)
images

M Crosas (season long loan)
images

S Coleman (season long loan)
images

G Kakuta (season long loan)
images

Fan Reaction on TalkSport
2Q==

Steve, Leeds-Delighted to get Coleman he’ll certainly do a job here
George, Glasgow- Good to see a youngster getting a chance
Brian, Dewsbury- Never heard of Stanislas, I hope the gaffer knows what he’s doing
Terry, London- Can’t believe we’ve let Junior go. He needs Premier League games
Matches
Leeds 2-0 Reserves McCormack, Watt
Port Vale 0-4 Leeds Becchio (2), Bromby, Grella
2Q==

Leeds 3-1 Sporting CP McCormack (2), Kakuta
images

West Brom 1-0 Leeds Bednar
Swindon 0-0 Leeds
Guiseley 1-2 Leeds Somma, Becchio
Distillery 0-3 Leeds Collins, Becchio, Bessone
Kidderminster 0-6 Leeds Becchio (3), Collins (2), Nunez
images

Pre Season Review
I believe we had a good pre season and a particularly impressive performance against Sporting where we dominated. We have showed promising signs for the season ahead with the worst result against Guiseley. Merino and Wiltord both failed to impress and will not be signing for the club.
Player of Pre-Season: Luciano Becchio scored 7 goals including a hat-trick.
Z

Young Player of Pre-Season: Gael Kakuta showed promising signs and showed an ability to supply some lethal through ball. He created several chances and showed promising signs for the future.
images

August Update

August Update
Month Preview
This month was a long one with no less than 7 games. It would be a test of the first teams performance and the tactics that we would use. The hardest game included an away trip to West Brom a home game against Ipswich. The easiest games in this month were Tranmere and Scunthorpe
Points Aim: 10
League Ambition: Play Offs/ Promotion

Leeds 2-1 Scunthorpe
Brown (23), Stanislas (37), McCormack (62)
MOM: McCormack 8.5 Match Comment: We played fairly well against Scunthorpe. Good to see Stanislas getting on the score sheet as well as McCormack. We will need to improve if we will get promoted.

League Cup 1st Round
Leeds 2-0 Tranmere
Broomes (O.G. 35), Collins (52)
images

MOM: Collins 8.6
Match Comment: Good to progress in the cup but a tough away draw to West Brom in the next round

Swansea 1-2 Leeds
Stanislas (42), McCormack (64), Sinclair (66)
MOM: McCormack 8.1
images

Match Comment: Swansea has to be one of the hardest places to go to in the league. Few teams will take three points from here and I’m really glad we did.

Leeds 0-1 Ipswich
Scotland (45)
MOM: Cubillier 8.4
images

Scotland sinks Leeds who suffer first loss
Match Comment: Ipswich had been top of the league before this match and to be fair to us we didn’t show them any respect. We had over 60% of possession but did very little with the ball when we had it.

League Cup 2nd Round
West Brom 3-2 Leeds
Collins (29, 90+2), Tchoyi (31), Mulumbu (62), Dorrans (89)
images

Dorrans puts the game beyond doubt
MOM: Collins 9.2
Match Comment: We put up a fight mainly from set pieces but their class showed. We controlled the ball but didn’t create enough chances.

Crystal Palace 0-1 Leeds
McCormack (23)
MOM: Becchio 7.5
images

Match Comment: Our dominance was rewarded with 3 points but it could have been so much more. We will have to be more lethal to compete in future.

Leeds 2-0 Coventry
Watt (68), McPake (OG 79)
Injuries: Collins, Somma
MOM: Watt 7.6
Match Comment: A good result but we suffered for it. We lost our best centre back and our back up forward. A good end to the month

Month Review
Goals Scored: 11
Goals Conceded: 6
Player of the Month: Ross ‘Magic’ McCormack
images

Performance of the Month: 2-1 Win Over Swansea
League Position: 2nd
Month Rating: 8/10

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:28 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

Good luck with this mate (H) Good Start KIU

Looking good i will keep an eye on this.

I'm following

ace start, will be following

Thanks for all the support guys

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------

September Update
Month Preview
This month was an average one with 5 fixtures. It would be a chance to see where we fit in the league. The hardest game was an away trip to Burnley. The game we need to win is at home to struggling Hull.
Points Aim: 12
League Ambition: Promotion

Portsmouth 0-2 Leeds
Watt (35), Collins (49)
images

MOM: Collins 8.6
Match Comment: We played well but the match was fairly even all the way through. We had a lethal touch and were impressive from set pieces

Leeds 2-1 Middlesbrough
Watt (48), Collins (70), Boyd (79)
images

MOM: Watt 7.5
Match Comment: A game where there could have been a lot more goals. We created 5 clear goal scoring chances and dominated possession.

Doncaster 0-2 Leeds
Collins (45), Becchio (65)
images

MOM: Collins 8.5
Match Comment: Another game where Collins scored from a set piece he really is a God in the air. We moved top of the table after this game and I am truly delighted with the team.

Burnley 1-2 Leeds
Nunez (8), Becchio (pen 14), Iwelumo (16)
MOM: Nunez 7.8
images

Injuries: Becchio
Match Comment: We controlled 60% of possession against a team in the play-offs away from home. We are playing really well at the moment and Nunez was superb today.

Leeds 4-0 Hull
McCormack (42), Collins (48), Snodgrass (67), Watt (90+1)
images

MOM: Nunez 9.0
Match Comment: This is the first result which has reflected our dominance. We controlled the game from start to finish and are clear and deserved winners.

Month Review
Goals Scored: 12
Goals Conceded: 2
Player of the Month: Neil ‘Noggin’ Collins
images

Performance of the Month: 2-1 Win Over Burnley
League Position: 1st
Month Rating: 10/10

great story m8 , fantastic win against hull 4-0 and some gd signings, well done

Thanks mate. Pleased your enjoying it

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 02:21 AM ----------

October Update
October Preview
Quite a quiet month in football with 5 matches to get through, never the less the matches were tough and included Norwich and Cardiff, both away, as well as a Yorkshire derby against Sheffield United

Sheff Utd 0-1 Leeds
Stanislas (79)
images

MOM: Gradel 7.6
Match Comment: A good win over our rivals, we were the better team throughout and the win was deserved. We haven’t lost a game since West Brom.

Leeds 2-1 Derby
McCormack (13, 63), Commons (21)
images

MOM: McCormack 8.8
Match Comment: Another win for us against a team that have always disliked us since the 60’s. We have extended our run of straight wins again and all the players’ confidence couldn’t be higher

Cardiff 1-2 Leeds
Watt (17), Bothroyd (45), Becchio (87)
images

MOM: Gradel 8.9
Match Comment: We beat probably the best attacking team in the division today and I am very proud of doing so.

Leeds 1-1 Barnsley
Collins (31), Hume (82)
MOM: Collins 8.1
Match Comment: I thought that after beating Cardiff away this game would be a walk in the park. Obviously Barnsley have been proved wrong and this will teach me not to underestimate anyone in the Championship.

Norwich 2-5 Leeds
Collins (32, 35, 60), Kakuta (39), Walker (45), Drury (OG 49), Holt (80+2)
Red Cards: Barnett (27)
images

MOM: Collins 9.8
Match Comment: Wow! After Barnsley the best I thought we could get was a draw. The lads proved me wrong. Collins was fantastic and scored his first goal with his foot.
Month Review
Goals Scored: 11
Goals Conceded: 5
Neill-Collins-Preston-on-loan-at-Leeds_2456114.jpg

Performance of the Month: 5-2 win over Norwich
Month Rating: 9/10

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 12:39 AM ----------

Update later today

---------- Post added at 01:37 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:22 PM ----------

November Update
2Q==

November Preview
5 games in November where Leeds will be looking to extend their lead at the top. Leeds already have an 8 point lead and will be looking to extend that with a scintillating November.
League Ambition: Promotion

Leeds 3-1 Millwall
Kakuta (pen 6), Crosas (45+1), Spence (53), Collins (62)
Injuries: Bessone 2 months
MOM: Collins 8.1
images

Match Comments: 73% Possession!

Nottm Forest 1-0 Leeds
Tyson (35)
MOM: Camp 7.5
Match Comments: Gutted. This is the first time we have been outplayed.

Leicester 0-1 Leeds
Collins (71)
Injuries: Snodgrass 4 months, Howson 2 months
MOM: Collins 8.3
Match Comments: A good 1-0 win

Leeds 3-1 QPR
Stanislas (8), Smith (25), Collins (54, 90+3)
MOM: Collins 9.2
Match Comments: Collins=Future Leeds Legend

Leeds 1-0 Preston
Collins
MOM: Collins 8.3
Match Comments: Collins 5 goals in 5 games

Month Review
Goals Scored: 8
Goals Conceded: 3
images

Performance of the Month: Leeds 3-1 QPR
Month Rating: 8/10

i like it but are you using the corner cheat with collins ?

The corner cheat set up is being used however the delivery is set to mixed meaning tthat it won't always even go to Collins often. Only about 1 in 5 go to him. but he is awesome in the air and my training schedule means he has 17 heading and jumping. meaning he does score quite often when he gets the ball and he did score two goals with his feet

hmmmm...good story, I like the set up actually - good one ^^)

The corner cheat set up is being used however the delivery is set to mixed meaning tthat it won't always even go to Collins often. Only about 1 in 5 go to him. but he is awesome in the air and my training schedule means he has 17 heading and jumping. meaning he does score quite often when he gets the ball and he did score two goals with his feet

ok :p good luck

Next update later today

---------- Post added at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:57 PM ----------

December Update
Month Preview
A tricky month of December, despite only playing 6 matches, would be what we had installed. Our biggest test would be against Ipswich as they had beaten us previously 1-0. The month would also be made up of mainly away games (4 out of the 6 games), which would pose a test itself.

Reading 0-2 Leeds
Becchio (56), McCormack (90+1)
MOM: Schmeichel 9.2
images

Match Comments: Schmeichel managed to save six clear cut chances and eight shots on target. A brilliant performance from Kasper

Leeds 4-0 Watford
Gradel (2, 30), Collins (62 pen , 70)
Injuries: Becchio
MOM: Collins 9.3
Match Comments: A great win, defensively sound and attackingly excellent throughout but Watford are bottom of the League

Bristol City 2-3 Leeds
Stanislas (51), Nyatanga (67), Clarkson (72), Collins (86), Somma (pen 90+3)
MOM: Stanislas 8.8
images

Match Comments: A last minute winner what a great end to the match. 2-1 down in the 85th minute and then we clicked.

Scunthorpe 0-2 Leeds
Watt (10, 26)
MOM: Watt 8.8
Match Comments: A solid win against a side in a relegation battle. Just what I expect.

Leeds 1-0 Swansea
Somma (89)
MOM: Schmeichel 8.3
Match Comments: Strong defensive display throughout. Brilliant!

Ipswich 0-4 Leeds
McCormack (4, 58), Watt (63), Collins (72 from free kick)
MOM: Collins 9.0
Match Comments: WOW!

Month Review
Goals Scored: 16
Goals Conceded: 2
Player of the Month: Kasper ‘Blonde Bonde’ Schmeichel

images

Performance of the Month: Ipswich 0-4 Leeds
Month Rating: 10/10

Last edited:
After watching Leeds against Arsenal wednesday, seeing Johnson's thunderbold and reading this its inspired me to start a Leeds save myself.