I did, I had taken one the season after this when I played against Aston Villa, we ended up 2-2

I had 7 CCC's they had 1 CCC, I had something like 59% possession as well but they score from a penalty (mistake by Evans) and the other my defence was caught out by Aggy..

I thought I had posted it as it is exactly what you mean, even though it was a draw it was very unlucky :)

If I can get them off the game from about 3 seasons ago I will try as I have used this save to test other tactics on holiday etc after this first season I played through to make this tactic

I did, I had taken one the season after this when I played against Aston Villa, we ended up 2-2

I had 7 CCC's they had 1 CCC, I had something like 59% possession as well but they score from a penalty (mistake by Evans) and the other my defence was caught out by Aggy..

I thought I had posted it as it is exactly what you mean, even though it was a draw it was very unlucky :)

If I can get them off the game from about 3 seasons ago I will try as I have used this save to test other tactics on holiday etc after this first season I played through to make this tactic

Yeah, perfectly what I was wanting to hear. It's okay to draw when you create a ridiculous amount of CCCs and are just unlucky not to win!

I think I've managed to replicate the style pretty well tbh. Im using Newcastle atm and Ive had 3 solid wins on the trot in the prem. Using a 4-5-1 formation but its built on Fergie's style of industrious Central Mids, Marauding Fullbacks and Playmaking Wingers. The football its producing is very similar and high quality. Averaging 5ccc's a game (well tbh its been 5 in all 3 prem games) and around 60% Possession, The Opposition are highly restricted by the midfield and outflanked by the wingers and Fullbacks.

Newcastle 3-1 Liverpool. 5ccc's 57% Possession
Fulham 1-3 Newcastle. 5ccc's 59% Possession
Newcastle 2-0 Sunderland. 5ccc's 67% Possession

I'll probably upload it when I've tested it fully. I've been highly impressed with it so far. Would be terrifying if used with a Top team e.g Man Utd me thinks....

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Ok, add in a 6-0 win against wba. 5ccc's and 54% possession..

---------- Post added 21/09/2011 at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was 20/09/2011 at 08:51 PM ----------

Now converted it to a 4-2-4. It's positionally dead on (Rooney doesn't drop deep enough though :mad:) The play style is incredibly similar. Its winning well.

RESULTS
Com shield- Man Utd 2-1 Chelsea 55% Possession 8ccc's Cech got a rating of 9.6 :mad:

Man Utd 5-0 Sunderland 66% Possession 9ccc's

Blackburn 0-4 Man Utd 56% Possession 5ccc's

Man Utd 8-1 Bolton 72% Possession 11ccc's

Man Utd 3-0 Liverpool 59% Possession 3ccc's

Chelsea 2-4 Man Utd 53% Possession 3ccc's

Man Utd 5-0 Stoke 64% Possession 6ccc's

Man Utd 3-1 Blackpool 61% Possession 4ccc's

Tottenham 0-2 Man Utd 55% Possession 4ccc's

Arsenal 0-3 Man Utd 52% Possession 5ccc's

Man Utd 5-1 Newcastle 61% Possession 7ccc's

Man Utd 3-2 Man City 56% 4ccc's

Birmingham 1-4 Man Utd 59% Possession 6ccc's

Goals For- 49 League Position- 1st

Goals Against- 8 League Points- 36/36

Scorers-

Rooney-19

Hernandez-14

Nani-7

Ash Young-5

Rooney doesn't drop deep enough though :mad:)

Use your Messi role that you created that what I have been using for the last 3 saves with Rooney and I have won Fifa player of the twice with him just waiting to see about the third

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

Off Topic

Quick question didnt want to start a new forum and cant access any other forum.

My Last match my assistant manager said that "Some players are showing concerns about Vidic being captain"

Question is should I drop him as captain

I wouldn't, Vidic constantly puts in impressive performances and is a good leader. Much better than Rio, The only player Utd have who would probably be more suited is Rooney as he again is highly influential and a top performer. Up to you, Rooney or Vidic..

I wouldn't, Vidic constantly puts in impressive performances and is a good leader. Much better than Rio, The only player Utd have who would probably be more suited is Rooney as he again is highly influential and a top performer. Up to you, Rooney or Vidic..

Rooney is my vice captain but I have always had Vidic as my captain because he has the right stats and personality to be captain so dont know what the problem is see what happens against QPR because he played nervously against Sunderland managed a 1-1 thanks to Lahm wonder goal last minute but very bizarre

Rooney is my vice captain but I have always had Vidic as my captain because he has the right stats and personality to be captain so dont know what the problem is see what happens against QPR because he played nervously against Sunderland managed a 1-1 thanks to Lahm wonder goal last minute but very bizarre

Same as me tbh mate, I tend to start with Giggsy as my VC but Rooney takes over second season or so. Just Keep Vidic as he is a great captain..

Ok match against QPR no reports about Vidic being captain he scored and got man of the match so that must mean some player(s) must dislike Vidic

Use your Messi role that you created that what I have been using for the last 3 saves with Rooney and I have won Fifa player of the twice with him just waiting to see about the third

Rooney doesn't play like Messi for United, they are of course trying to emulate the Manchester United 2011/12 tactic, not Messi.

Rooney doesn't play like Messi for United, they are of course trying to emulate the Manchester United 2011/12 tactic, not Messi.[/COLOR][/COLOR]

My Messi Role is an almost perfect false 9. Rooney acts as a false 9 so its working nicely.

I am developing a ROONEY ROLE though :D :D All in my Legends thread, including a re-creation tactic.

Last edited:
I disagree, it is a 4-4-2 dynamic system they have with the 2 Cm's never committing too far forward and if one does like Anderson, the other is always covering behind them... the Amr and Aml could be dropped back to the Mr and Ml slots and set to run from deep often to create the space behind the fullbacks and move into channels regularly... You cannot replicate the exact formation as there would be some sort of Dm to a degree, an Amc - Rooney and St and wingers...

This tactic/formation is still not 100% tweaked to perfection but does get the way United are playing down pretty well.. here are some video's as well of the game play:

194445d1315211027-deathslayer%99-raikan007-formation.png

194461d1315212006-deathslayer%99-raikan007-manchester-united-man-utd_-tactics-4.png

[video=youtube;9YPru44HpQw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YPru44HpQw&feature=player_embedded[/video]

[video=youtube;fL6zCFMiEFU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL6zCFMiEFU&feature=related[/video]

[video=youtube;A8fZ9XaK1UA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8fZ9XaK1UA&feature=related[/video]

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-training/82379-deathslayer%99-raikan007.html

Raikan how are you playing your two central midfielders do you have them set up as deep lying playmakers. Also does having the wingers on support cause them to attack the goal less

both mids are Central Mids - Support :) nothing special, just like IRL, simple, clean and awesome! the wingers are set to Support as they tend to make better/more intelligent runs when not in possession and they do score goals trust me, they just assist more :)

I am going to upload a new tactic I have been working on this week, it is derived from the Deathlsayer tactic but incorporates a Barca style defence with lots of pressure and closing down :) working like a charm so far :)

check my latest threads if you are keen to give it a spin :)

both mids are Central Mids - Support :) nothing special, just like IRL, simple, clean and awesome! the wingers are set to Support as they tend to make better/more intelligent runs when not in possession and they do score goals trust me, they just assist more :)

I am going to upload a new tactic I have been working on this week, it is derived from the Deathlsayer tactic but incorporates a Barca style defence with lots of pressure and closing down :) working like a charm so far :)

check my latest threads if you are keen to give it a spin :)

Raikon I was under the impression that Deep Lying Playmakers would be better in Central Midfield because they would sit deep and help protect the back four. Could you give some help on the advantage and disadvantage of playing with two deep lying playmakers.

Also do you have the central midfielders on the same mentality or do you have one on a lower mentality.

Would it be ok to have so many players on support duty because you have five in your tactic. I am playing with Arsenal and will use a Balance and Control Strategy

Dlp's could be used of course, with shorter and quicker passing they would do a similar job to the Cm's. One would be set with a lower attacking and creative freedom setting than the other.

Cleverley/Anderson do get forward quite a lot though but you could set one of the Cm's (like I have set up, role/PI wise) and the other be more of the Carrick type role where he sits back, helps cover the back four and still gets involved in the build up play...

yes, support is better than attack :) it does both equally, attack is to one sided!

Support means support, support the player in possession, support the striker/cm's/fb's/cb's and with a balanced approach this would work well :) attacking philosophy works better than control though in the above and below tactic :) the PI's below for each player allow the game to be controlled but will attack really well too, so its sort of the best of both worlds :) it is a United attack/Barca defence/Arsenal (early 2000's attack and defence)

This tactic here would suit Arsenal a lot better than this one :) especially if you still have Fabregas and Nasri :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...83329-ccc-heaven-raikan007-2.html#post1323211

Dlp's could be used of course, with shorter and quicker passing they would do a similar job to the Cm's. One would be set with a lower attacking and creative freedom setting than the other.

Cleverley/Anderson do get forward quite a lot though but you could set one of the Cm's (like I have set up, role/PI wise) and the other be more of the Carrick type role where he sits back, helps cover the back four and still gets involved in the build up play...

yes, support is better than attack :) it does both equally, attack is to one sided!

Support means support, support the player in possession, support the striker/cm's/fb's/cb's and with a balanced approach this would work well :) attacking philosophy works better than control though in the above and below tactic :) the PI's below for each player allow the game to be controlled but will attack really well too, so its sort of the best of both worlds :) it is a United attack/Barca defence/Arsenal (early 2000's attack and defence)

This tactic here would suit Arsenal a lot better than this one :) especially if you still have Fabregas and Nasri :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...83329-ccc-heaven-raikan007-2.html#post1323211

Raikon I have downloaded a database that does not include Nasri and Fabregas. The team that I using is the current Arsenal Team for 2011/2012 season.

Would the Man Utd not work with Arsenal at all. If that is the case can you let me know why it would not work

Whoa this is a thread about emulating man utd this season so why are tactics suited for Arsenal being mention?

Back on topic

Anyone been on Zonalmarking recently? Their doing video analysis of games now and they were talking about man utd vs Chelsea game about how we used the long diagonal pass (mainly Evans, not bad passer of the ball as well) to the flanks I think it was just combat the attacking fullbacks of Chelsea but still another tactical approach.

In FM would default down both flanks work or direct ?

Last edited:
So your saying support wingers are better than attacking wingers? using nani and young, is this correct?

What is the difference? surely i would have no attacking players in my midfield then as i play modric as adv playmaker (support) and fletcher as ball winning mid (defend)

So your saying support wingers are better than attacking wingers? using nani and young, is this correct?

What is the difference? surely i would have no attacking players in my midfield then as i play modric as adv playmaker (support) and fletcher as ball winning mid (defend)
yes in this particular tactic and this particular Emulation of Manchester United :) try it! the only one who actually is on attack is Welbeck/Hernandez :)

yes in this particular tactic and this particular Emulation of Manchester United :) try it! the only one who actually is on attack is Welbeck/Hernandez :)

Raikon would you suggest using wingers on support if I was to play a 4231 formation with Arsenal. I will play with my two central midfielders as deep lying playmaker on support duty. I am playing with Song and Wilshere. How would you change their instructions so one stays back and the other has more freedom to be creative and go forward.

My AMC will be played as an Attacking Midfielder on attack and the striker will be Advance Striker - Attack
The problem is what to do with the full backs I am getting confuse on which setting to use from automatic and support

My strategy will be balance and control. I will have stand off more and will give them more roaming. If you could help me in this area I will be grateful