England 2018 World Cup Bid Update Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Juneau59
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 378
  • Views Views 18K
Cause the world resolves around england we founded and ruled 1/3 of the planet and yes it should come to england because the world cup hasnt been hosted here since 1966 thats 44 years!

/rant

Uruguay hasn't had the World Cup in 80 years, reckon they should have a go before England ;)

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Panorama had evidence of three who taken bribes during 90's yet they still took part in the votes today.

One thing I do agree with is this current voting format is bullshit, we should know who cast what vote, and it should be televised and in front of an audience.

The fact Qatar got the 2022 bid is such a joke.

I think we need to pull out of the most corrupt organising body.

Cause the world resolves around england we founded and ruled 1/3 of the planet and yes it should come to england because the world cup hasnt been hosted here since 1966 thats 44 years!

/rant
Lol just because it hasn't been here for 44 years doesn't mean it should definitely come here.

Russia haven't hosted it for longer. Infact I don't think they've ever hosted it, so your logic is a complete and utter fail.

Want to know why everyone hates you ?? Cos you lot are so, *******, ARROGANT. Just because youhave a good infrastucture already doesn't mean it's a god given right for youse to host the world cup. Just because you had the first football association, doesn't mean the world cup should automaticaaly come to england every ******* year. It was the same when Man U played Rangers, ooh pub team from up north, they're ******* *****, easy win cos we're from England we're unstoppable. Aye, well yeese took a penalty to score against us after 180 mins, some ******* pub team we are right ?? Open your eyes. The world does not revolve around England, there are other countries which have just as much right to host it as England. It will leave a legacy in Quatar, and in Russia it could add that bit of magic that their country and league is missing.

The World Cup will come to England, when England stops seeing it as a human right for the cup to be held there.

/rant

I would rather this country be arrogant and have the capability to hold the World Cup rather than be a nation that is jealous and show hatred towards your neighbours.

Want to know why everyone hates you ?? Cos you lot are so, *******, ARROGANT. /rant

Coming from a Glasgow "Old Firm biggest game in the world" Rangers fan that is so ironic. Oh and there is nothing glorious about losing to the likes of Costa Rica.

I would rather this country be arrogant and have the capability to hold the World Cup rather than be a nation that is jealous and show hatred towards your neighbours.

Now thats just pish. I have nothing against England, look back in the thread and you'll even see I wanted England to win today :(

Last edited:
Coming from a Glasgow "Old Firm biggest game in the world" Rangers fan that is so ironic. Oh and there is nothing glorious about losing to the likes of Costa Rica.
Not all English are arrogant ******** even though many Scots think we are. I know not all Scots are pathetically bitter and twisted towards all English.

Id rather Qatar then USA or Australia, they cant even get the name of the sport right, its not Fisa, and the world soccer just sounds so horrible, but Japan or South Korea would have been a better choice

Well, I'd say it's up there. Would need to experience a few other derbies but. :)

Id rather Qatar then USA or Australia, they cant even get the name of the sport right, its not Fisa, and the world soccer just sounds so horrible, but Japan or South Korea would have been a better choice

Just because they say it differently has no bearing on their ability to produce a great tournament, which I'm sure would have been better than a tournament in a country where the average temperature is over 40 degrees and where you need to obtain a permit to drink alcohol, which I assume will be very expensive to obtain for the world cup.

Frank, if we pull out of FIFA we can't compete in the World Cup or the Euro's or any big competitions anymore, making our national team completely pointless..

so pulling out = pointless man.

Just because they say it differently has no bearing on their ability to produce a great tournament, which I'm sure would have been better than a tournament in a country where the average temperature is over 40 degrees and where you need to obtain a permit to drink alcohol, which I assume will be very expensive to obtain for the world cup.

In that case I wouldve gone with Korea or Japan (tbh im anti both countries but thats all political so lets not get into that)

Sure I read somewhere they were going to relax the alcohol rules for the WC, not sure though I'll try get a link :S

What's wrong with S.Korea or Japan?

Sure I read somewhere they were going to relax the alcohol rules for the WC, not sure though I'll try get a link :S

Don't they ban alcohol for religious purposes? So they lax their religion for the sake of hosting a football tournament? Oh, the hypocrisy.

Frank, if we pull out of FIFA we can't compete in the World Cup or the Euro's or any big competitions anymore, making our national team completely pointless..

so pulling out = pointless man.

I thought our national team was already pointless ;)

Anyway its a catch 22, we'd prove a point but we would be playing right into FIFA's hands, they would love it if we left.

I thought our national team was already pointless ;)

Anyway its a catch 22, we'd prove a point but we would be playing right into FIFA's hands, they would love it if we left.
I said finding holes in FIFA was pointless, not the team. :)

Yeah we'd prove a point but really, how many would follow suite? How long would it take for people to just forget about the whole thing as carry on as normal? Dropping out does nothing and like you said, if there really is any 'conspiracy' against us, it's playing into they're hands.

What's wrong with S.Korea or Japan?

Nothing but it was only in that neck of the woods in 2002.

Austrailia would have been the best bet, especially after the Olympics there.

Besides, in all fairness, Iran will have probably kicked of by 2022 and Qatar will probably be a scorch mark on a map.

Remember the 2014 WC staged in Brazil anyone going to that?

Back