England 2018 World Cup Bid Update Thread

I can understand Russia getting 2018 to a certain extent, they do have some good player, and a reasonable international side (Akinfeev and Arshavin etc), and they do have some good club side that compete in Europa and Champions League... but Qatar seems a very strange choice, especially given the heat. Both I think were political decesions rather than footballing decesions.

I hope Russia draw someone like Senegal in their group. Then, when the inevitable abuse kicks off, I want the cameras to be aimed at Blatter.

England will never get a World Cup in our lifetimes and probably our children's lifetimes. We should just give up bidding tbh because were just wasting our time. We as a nation are far too hated around the world and FIFA as an organisation are far too corrupt.

Russia and Qatar two mega rich oil nations get the votes? hmmm not suspect at all.

Hope everyone enjoys all the racism in 2018 and the unbearable heat in 2022.

Want to know why everyone hates you ?? Cos you lot are so, *******, ARROGANT. Just because youhave a good infrastucture already doesn't mean it's a god given right for youse to host the world cup. Just because you had the first football association, doesn't mean the world cup should automaticaaly come to england every ******* year. It was the same when Man U played Rangers, ooh pub team from up north, they're ******* *****, easy win cos we're from England we're unstoppable. Aye, well yeese took a penalty to score against us after 180 mins, some ******* pub team we are right ?? Open your eyes. The world does not revolve around England, there are other countries which have just as much right to host it as England. It will leave a legacy in Quatar, and in Russia it could add that bit of magic that their country and league is missing.

The World Cup will come to England, when England stops seeing it as a human right for the cup to be held there.

/rant

Want to know why everyone hates you ?? Cos you lot are so, *******, ARROGANT. Just because youhave a good infrastucture already doesn't mean it's a god given right for youse to host the world cup. Just because you had the first football association, doesn't mean the world cup should automaticaaly come to england every ******* year. It was the same when Man U played Rangers, ooh pub team from up north, they're ******* *****, easy win cos we're from England we're unstoppable. Aye, well yeese took a penalty to score against us after 180 mins, some ******* pub team we are right ?? Open your eyes. The world does not revolve around England, there are other countries which have just as much right to host it as England. It will leave a legacy in Quatar, and in Russia it could add that bit of magic that their country and league is missing.

The World Cup will come to England, when England stops seeing it as a human right for the cup to be held there.

/rant

Ahhh, an angry, bitter Scot. Nothing funnier.

Sorry kasabian, but what legacy in qatar, do you think the stadia will be used after the world cup? of all the 2022 bids that was the one that made the least sense.

Ahhh, an angry, bitter Scot. Nothing funnier.

Aye, it's even funnier watching youse go to World Cups and the like and failing every time :D Least we're glorious failures :$

And I'm not bitter at all, just frustrated that English people see it as a god-given right for the World Cup to be held here. Much as I'd like to see it happen, it will only happen when the English stop writing off bids like Spain/Portugal, Netherlands/Belgium. :/

I wanted Russia to get this chance, but I thought England was better for WC, I would have loved to see a match on White Hart Lane. :D

/rant

Cause the world resolves around england we founded and ruled 1/3 of the planet and yes it should come to england because the world cup hasnt been hosted here since 1966 thats 44 years!

/rant

Aye, it's even funnier watching youse go to World Cups and the like and failing every time :D Least we're glorious failures :$

And I'm not bitter at all, just frustrated that English people see it as a god-given right for the World Cup to be held here. Much as I'd like to see it happen, it will only happen when the English stop writing off bids like Spain/Portugal, Netherlands/Belgium. :/
you havent been reading the posts then have you. Its not the fact that england didnt get it, its how they didnt get it. spain/portugal, and benelux were arguably better bids for a good world cup. russia could be but it has serious issues. Qatar just makes such little sense. Apart from the money that is

Sorry kasabian, but what legacy in qatar, do you think the stadia will be used after the world cup? of all the 2022 bids that was the one that made the least sense.

Lets be honest, they have enough money to buil dthese stadia whenever they want. But the fact is, thousands of Quatari, Quatarian kids now have a chance to play in a World Cup, the greatest platform. This attracts more people to football, allows more to play the game, and increases the audience in Quatar, and most likely neighbouring countries.

PS: Are you Madsheep or Mike ?? :$

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

you havent been reading the posts then have you. Its not the fact that england didnt get it, its how they didnt get it. spain/portugal, and benelux were arguably better bids for a good world cup. russia could be but it has serious issues. Qatar just makes such little sense. Apart from the money that is

Yes, but theres no evidence that there was bribery/corruption, apart from the three that were suspended is there ??

Another confirmation of what was being said long before this "draw". FIFA = Corrupts. Let's see which bid would give them more money in 2018: Spain/Portugal? Broke countries don't give money. England? Not sure. Benelux? Too small to find money, and besides, Belgium is a bit fragile. That leaves Russia and the petrodollars. What a wonderful scenario. Now in 2022: Which bid is better than Qatar when we talk about money?

A disastrous decision. For me, the worst they could have made. As what was already said here, Russians are racist (stereotypes aside). And where to organize an event which counts with asians, africans and latinos? In the most racist bid. Interesting reasoning... They had two amazing bids, from the country that saw the birth of football and which would give us an excellent World Cup with amazing stadiums and football tradition and a really good organization and another from the world champions, the bid with the best weather and maybe the 2nd better. They also had a 3rd bid, a bit more discrete organized by two small countries with many things in common. And they chose Russia. Whatever

For 2022 (I'd also like to know what's the need in taking these decisions so early. Aren't 5/6 years enough?) I'd vote for the USA as their football could win a lot of fans inside a country ruled by basketball, baseball and rugby, and I don't have any doubt that a country like that has a lot of hidden talent that could be discovered if football grew there. Besides, they have all kinds of people there. Caucasian, asian, african, etc. Maybe the best bid in this aspect. But they chose a bid which only positive aspects are the amazing stadiums and the weather (but I wonder if it isn't too hot). Oh, and I almost forgot the only positive aspect FIFA can see. The $$$.

/rant
Carefull, dont want you having a heart attack.

Yes, but theres no evidence that there was bribery/corruption, apart from the three that were suspended is there ??

Panorama had evidence of three who taken bribes during 90's yet they still took part in the votes today.

FIFA needs a complete revamp its not a organization no more its a buiness of corrupt representitives.

Panorama had evidence of three who taken bribes during 90's yet they still took part in the votes today.

Exacly there as proof yet they still had a vote, so what did the English media achieve out of this??? Erm losing the country any slim chance we might of had to hold the World Cup.

Abramovic's bank balance is over £7billion in cash and apparently he's a big player in the Russian FA. He's defo put a few quid in the pockets of FIFA voters for the WC (e.g. Africa, South America, Caribbean)

"Sneaky Russian B*stard"