England 2018 World Cup Bid Update Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Juneau59
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 378
  • Views Views 18K
For all of those who think it was fixed and FIFA have something against us..

This is what I commented of Sam's facebook status.

people that say 'they have something against us!' really, really **** me off.

just because one person said it was good doesn't mean everyone else will vote for us. england are the only country that are always trying to find faults within FIFA and always go against blatter. do you really think we are going to get many votes if we go against FIFA all the time? there is no 'conspiracy' within FIFA against us. everyone needs to get they're heads out of they're ****'s and realise just because we have one of the best footballing league's in the world doesn't mean we're the most suitable.

everyone's so stuck up and think's we're amazing when we're not. we lost, we came last, so what?

/rant over.

I'm glad Russia won it, not because I didn't want England to get it but because I like seeing WC's spread to places they haven't been before (ie Eastern Europe, for those without a map ;)) the same way it did with South AFrica.

As far as Qatar is concerned, that is a pretty awful choice. I would have chosen either Japan or S. Korea, base on the wonderful WC they co-hosted in 2002.

And by the way, for the small minority of fannies calling us 'jocks' and saying 'say that when you reach a tournament' and **** like that, just because you're upset at the vote not going your way doesn't give you the right to have a go at us. Just because we haven't reached a tournament since 1998 means we aren't allowed to have an opinion on this? Nice one.

just because one person said it was good doesn't mean everyone else will vote for us. england are the only country that are always trying to find faults within FIFA and always go against blatter. do you really think we are going to get many votes if we go against FIFA all the time? there is no 'conspiracy' within FIFA against us. everyone needs to get they're heads out of they're ****'s and realise just because we have one of the best footballing league's in the world doesn't mean we're the most suitable.

everyone's so stuck up and think's we're amazing when we're not. we lost, we came last, so what?

/rant over.

Behave Max, Fifa are clearly Corrupt, i have said it before this verdict and will say it long after.

/rant over.

The reason people from England find faults in FIFA is because it is full of them, it is as corrupt as they come, why should we bow down to FIFA and Blatter's dictatorship? We are the only country in the world who's media is scared of nobody, we should be proud of this. There is no denying England was the best equipped country to host in 2018 but we fall short because we are the nation who questions others, questions their integrity, I cannot see how that makes us "stuck up". I personally am not that bothered about not winning the bid, purely because I never expected it, but I do get ****** off when people start ranting **** like that when it's utter nonsense.

Facts are facts, FIFA officials take bribes. No doubt the three officials who were suspended were scapegoats, maybe I'm a conspiracy theorist but if you cannot see the corruption within the governing body then you are as blind as the officials who take those bribes.

I have no problem with Russia and Qatar, congratulations to them, but what is the point in winning when your victory is tainted?

The reason people from England find faults in FIFA is because it is full of them, it is as corrupt as they come, why should we bow down to FIFA and Blatter's dictatorship? We are the only country in the world who's media is scared of nobody, we should be proud of this. There is no denying England was the best equipped country to host in 2018 but we fall short because we are the nation who questions others, questions their integrity, I cannot see how that makes us "stuck up". I personally am not that bothered about not winning the bid, purely because I never expected it, but I do get ****** off when people start ranting **** like that when it's utter nonsense.

Facts are facts, FIFA officials take bribes. No doubt the three officials who were suspended were scapegoats, maybe I'm a conspiracy theorist but if you cannot see the corruption within the governing body then you are as blind as the officials who take those bribes.

I have no problem with Russia and Qatar, congratulations to them, but what is the point in winning when your victory is tainted?
Utter nonsense? Your 'conspiracy theories' could be seen as utter nonsense apart from the 3 that were suspended. And no, I am not proud of our media. I am embarrassed of our media. Sometimes people need to keep they're mouths shut about things and not blast it out in a newspaper and give us a bad reputation. Do you honestly think questioning FIFA will help? Of course it won't help. It's pointless trying to find holes in FIFA because in the end it gives us a bad reputation to other countries aswell and doesn't benefit us in any, way, shape or form.

Round 1: England - 2 votes, Holland/Belgium - 4 votes, Spain/Portugal - 7 votes, Russia - 9 votes
Round 2: Holland/Belgium - 2 votes, Spain/Portugal - 7 votes, Russia - 13 votes

Russia Win.

Sigh :/

Last edited:
This is a disgrace to World Football, not because England didn't win it with the best bid (out of either of the World Cup challenging bids) but because two poor footballing nations have won it. How can Russia be placed ahead of Spain/Portugal, England and Holland/Belgium? How can Qatar be placed ahead of USA and Australia? FIFA is the most corrupt organisation on the planet and they spin a white lie telling the world they are pushing back the boundaries of football. This decision was made a long time ago and the voting was a mere formality. I could understand and accept if they were the best bids but they weren't, and not by a small margin either. Russia has no stadium, infrastructure of transport, Qatar is tiny, borders the most volatile region of the world and has extreme temperatures in the summer. How many fans will be willing to travel to any of the next three world cup hosting nations, with the fear that those nations create due to lack of security, high crime levels and general lack of safety. Is Russia going to stop being the most racist country in the civilised world? Is Qatar going to relax the Islamic beliefs to allow fans to enjoy themselves? This is a sad day for football, and two poor footballing nations have been given the right to host the greatest sporting event. This is just a disaster waiting to happen. In terms of England, we can host the 2012 Olympics with pride and show the world of football and FIFA exactly what they are missing.

any reason why holland and belgium lost two votes to russia in the 2nd round? bit suspicious to me...

Russia cannot be classified as a 'Footballing' country, they made Diniyar Bilyaletdinov!!
FFS!!

Any reason there was only 21 votes in the second round? or is that because the original post is a rumour?

guessing he copied that off bbc as later on they stated they made a mistake and russia got 13 overall not 12 so there was actually 22 votes

Utter nonsense? Your 'conspiracy theories' could be seen as utter nonsense apart from the 3 that were suspended. And no, I am not proud of our media. I am embarrassed of our media. Sometimes people need to keep they're mouths shut about things and not blast it out in a newspaper and give us a bad reputation. Do you honestly think questioning FIFA will help? Of course it won't help. It's pointless trying to find holes in FIFA because in the end it gives us a bad reputation to other countries aswell and doesn't benefit us in any, way, shape or form.

So essentially, you're saying: Don't question FIFA because they might get upset and we might not win so effectively we should just roll with the corruption and pay the executives so we can hold a tainted competition.

It won't happen, our media is second to none.

Our country isn't perfect but in terms of English ethos and morals, we stand taller than any other nation.

No one is particularly bothered we didn't win, we just shrug it off, it's the fact that it was clearly fixed and covered in scandal. That's what ****** us off.

So essentially, you're saying: Don't question FIFA because they might get upset and we might not win so effectively we should just roll with the corruption and pay the executives so we can hold a tainted competition.
If you want us to host a World Cup - then yes.

England will never get a World Cup in our lifetimes and probably our children's lifetimes. We should just give up bidding tbh because were just wasting our time. We as a nation are far too hated around the world and FIFA as an organisation are far too corrupt.

Russia and Qatar two mega rich oil nations get the votes? hmmm not suspect at all.

Hope everyone enjoys all the racism in 2018 and the unbearable heat in 2022.

Back