England 23 Man Squad Announced

Capello's words when he got the job that only players in form would be picked is now officially bullshit.

couldnt agree more, the mere fact walcott was even in the 30 man squad was a joke. especially with the quality of SWP and lennon.

not surprised about johnson, he's only had half a season at city and if the WC was next summer he'd have been a cert for the plane to S. Africa

the fact that heskey is going to another major tournament is laughable he's on the ground more often than he is playing football and has a diabolical season.

Also if i was michael dawson i would be utterly disheartened with capello and england. losing out to his team mate who has probably spent half the week siiting around cos he cant train must be devestating. if king had had a better season then dawson then fair enough but he didnt to be honest.

All the England legends seem to be upset that Adam Johnson wasn't picked. We now have no left footed Midfielders or Forwards in the squad.

Terry Butcher: Form in the Premiership does not count, you have to score goals at International level and step up and Heskey has done that'

WTF are we living in a retarded country he has had ******* 58 caps as a striker with 7 ******* goals gurantee you if Bent had 50+ caps he would have more than 7 goals. Complete joke. In disblief

All the England legends seem to be upset that Adam Johnson wasn't picked. We now have no left footed Midfielders or Forwards in the squad.

Gareth Barry.

**** the "England Legends". they are part of the problem, with the current crop always being compared to them and having to live up to their mythical "ability". John Terry has achieved more than Terry Butcher ever did. Stevie Gerrard is twice the player of a Bryan Robson. Lampard is the model of consistancy, as opposed to Gazza. Wayne Rooney is the most complete striker England has ever had. Geoff Hurst is nobody.

Last edited:
Lenon is a gr8 player and i hope he shines at world cup but as arsenal fan i cant understand why theo is not going but lenon is ??

how has lenon influenced england in the past ?? ... theo has .. croatia

lenon been injured for most of the season aint even played much
so has theo but he has played more and has show SOME PROMISE ( impact sub )
they both posses pretty much the same qualities only difference is theo better at scoring
lenon better at running with the ball and crossing
and theo is better at running of the ball so why is he not going >??

any spelling mistakes then sorry

Terry Butcher: Form in the Premiership does not count, you have to score goals at International level and step up and Heskey has done that'

WTF are we living in a retarded country he has had ******* 58 caps as a striker with 7 ******* goals gurantee you if Bent had 50+ caps he would have more than 7 goals. Complete joke. In disblief

Finally some one on here with some sense. :S

milner and cole are there though so its all good. Cole is a match winner like rooney and gerrard regardless of playing left side.

Butcher is a joke,take no notice.

As Diego Maradona once said after being told Terry Butcher wouldn't be shaking his hand after the Scotland Vs Argentina game:

"Who the **** is Terry Butcher?, Ive never heard of him"

Rooney>Defoe>Bent when it comes to goalscorers.

Heskey>Crouch when it comes to big men who can hold up the ball (and Zamora has no international experience as far as I know so that discredits him)

Heskey got picked and that fact that Terry Butcher and Fabio Capello disagree with you implies that maybe its you in the wrong.

Joe Cole is way overrated and spends alot of time out injured anyway. I dont get why Ashley Young is never mentioned? Or Agbonlahor? Bother better than Joe Cole and Heskey.

Lenon is a gr8 player and i hope he shines at world cup but as arsenal fan i cant understand why theo is not going but lenon is ??

how has lenon influenced england in the past ?? ... theo has .. croatia

lenon been injured for most of the season aint even played much
so has theo but he has played more and has show SOME PROMISE ( impact sub )
they both posses pretty much the same qualities only difference is theo better at scoring
lenon better at running with the ball and crossing
and theo is better at running of the ball so why is he not going >??

any spelling mistakes then sorry

Scroll few pages back, bingo you get the answer.

Dawson really should have gone IMO, for a few reasons.

1) He's had a brilliant Season.
2)He is a similar Player to Terry and we don't really have anyone else like that.
3) He would form a ready made partnership with King should there be any injuries to terry and Ferdinand

Joe Cole is way overrated and spends alot of time out injured anyway. I dont get why Ashley Young is never mentioned? Or Agbonlahor? Bother better than Joe Cole and Heskey.

joe cole is better than both of them, he's more technically gifted, better on and off the ball and more aware of the game.

i dont dislike gabby or young but i think they are pace players and would need to do alot to oust SWP and lennon and probably milner in future.

Joe is a good player but he kind of like beckham people want him to go wc not coz of his talent ( which he has ) but because he is favoured and things he has done in the past

Sorry, Joe Cole overrated? Please check what sort of a player he was before getting injured for both Chelsea and England. 10X better than SWP.

From what i have heard about Carrick im very surprised he is going, i would have liked to see Adam Johnson going but he might just be lacking the experience at such a high level as he has only spent half a season at Man City

Only reason for taking Upson over Dawson is the experience he has.

Or Upson & Fabio were having *** *** behind the scenes.

joe cole is better than both of them, he's more technically gifted, better on and off the ball and more aware of the game.

i dont dislike gabby or young but i think they are pace players and would need to do alot to oust SWP and lennon and probably milner in future.

But Young plays regularly for Villa where as SWP has hardly played for City this season. And Agbonlahor gets in the Villa team ahead of Heskey.

All I can say is I hope Capello does well because I would love to be proven wrong and for England to go on and have a great World Cup. Just cant see it happening.

Dawson really should have gone IMO, for a few reasons.

1) He's had a brilliant Season.
2)He is a similar Player to Terry and we don't really have anyone else like that.
3) He would form a ready made partnership with King should there be any injuries to terry and Ferdinand

abit bais really.lol
its probley lack of experince at this level if the world cup was next year and he had a year of champions league footy behind him then maybe he would have gone. tbh im glad he hasn`t,along with huddlestone untested at this level.

Butcher is a joke,take no notice.

As Diego Maradona once said after being told Terry Butcher wouldn't be shaking his hand after the Scotland Vs Argentina game:

"Who the **** is Terry Butcher?, Ive never heard of him"

I'm no Maradona, but still who is he? Sorry for the ignorance.