England Captain taken to hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashley Cole is only our most senior defender because he's been out only decent left back for the past 10 years. Johnson has enough experience, although he's a **** defender, he should be a winger, Terry is vastly experienced, and enough at international level and Carragher (who should take Rio's place) is experienced enough at club level for big games, and has world cups under his belt.

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Man Utd don't actually have any real leader, beside Neville or Giggs who aren't first team players any more. Gerrard is captain if a club that finished 7th in the league, bellow Spurs, Man City, Villa and even Arsenal. Gerrard is made to look like a good player due to the lack of class at Liverpool, and has had a **** season. He shouldn't even have gone to South Africa by Capello's 'On Form' rule. So much for that, because Ferdinand went too.

Ok then, Rio is a leader i seem to recall, he is afterall England and Manchester United captain. And so, Gerrard is captain of a side that finished 7th, Liverpool are still one of the two biggest clubs in England and one of the biggest club in the world, i think he is a born leader. And shouldn't of gone to South Africa? ok then mate, you need to get your head tested, Gerrard had a "poor" season by his HIGH standards, doesnt make him a bad player and deserves to be in South Africa as much as any of them other 22 players

did you just say gerrard ISNT a leader...

At Liverpool he has to be. He's their only decent player when without Torres. For me, you have to be an in-form, decent player, preferably the best player in a team to be a captain, for players to look to you. This season, Gerrard hasn't been one of those players. Based on what I've said, I've talked myself into Rooney or Lampard being the captain.

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Ok then, Rio is a leader i seem to recall, he is afterall England and Manchester United captain. And so, Gerrard is captain of a side that finished 7th, Liverpool are still one of the two biggest clubs in England and one of the biggest club in the world, i think he is a born leader. And shouldn't of gone to South Africa? ok then mate, you need to get your head tested, Gerrard had a "poor" season by his HIGH standards, doesnt make him a bad player and deserves to be in South Africa as much as any of them other 22 players

Liverpool aren't one of Englands two biggest clubs??!!
Not for 20+ years now. If you have to look to the past to find something good about a club, then they're not a good club.

Paul Robinson was far more consistant than either Green Or James so I think he should be there instead.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRIhId0g1mE"]YouTube- Paul Robinson sucks[/ame]

At Liverpool he has to be. He's their only decent player when without Torres. For me, you have to be an in-form, decent player, preferably the best player in a team to be a captain, for players to look to you. This season, Gerrard hasn't been one of those players. Based on what I've said, I've talked myself into Rooney or Lampard being the captain.

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Liverpool aren't one of Englands two biggest clubs??!!
Not for 20+ years now. If you have to look to the past to find something good about a club, then they're not a good club.

please shut up now. your making yourself look a right tard. Manchester United and Liverpool are the two biggest, most successfull clubs in England no matter how long ago Liverpool have been on the rocks, they still have a history to make other clubs jealous of.

and im a Manchester United from Manchester and i hate Liverpool more than most.

David James - Makes alot of mistakes and just got relegated. :S Glen Johnson, good going forward but too slow to get back and in Florence when Liverpool played Fiorentina in the CL they attacked down Liverpools right as the right back had gone missing and scored twice because of it. Carragher retired and then changed his mind. Lennon doesnt get enough crosses in. Heskey fat ****. Joe Cole was injured most of the season as were Ferdinand and King. Upson is just generally awful. And Robert Green? Really? He's not even comparible with the back up keeper for Spain who are clearly the favourites.

david james: doesnta ctually make that many mistakes, vastly experienced keep, great at organising his defence. relegation hardly his fault

glen johnson. actuallynot as bad defenisvely as people like to make out.one bad game doesnt make him rubbish

carragher. good defened can play accors the back for which we need in oour squad. big game player, willing to put his body on the line to make the tackle

lennon. out for 5 months still got 14 assits. he gets plently of crosses in, clearly you dont watch him much.

joe cole, yes injured, but now looking back to form as he ws showing in the friendlies. one of our most intelligent attackers.

ferdinand and king, yes injured, but have showsn when they played that they are top class defenders.

robert green: good solid goalkeeper. of course he doesnt compare to spains keepers. hardly any team has keepers who do. spain 1 and 2 keepers are the two of the top 5 keepers in the world

which players would you have taken instead then? you sound like a typical fair weather england fan. its not what you would have wanted so all you can do is be miserable about it

Man Utd don't actually have any real leader, beside Neville or Giggs who aren't first team players any more. Gerrard is captain if a club that finished 7th in the league, bellow Spurs, Man City, Villa and even Arsenal. Gerrard is made to look like a good player due to the lack of class at Liverpool, and has had a **** season. He shouldn't even have gone to South Africa by Capello's 'On Form' rule. So much for that, because Ferdinand went too.

We don't have leaders? What are you on about.
Other than giggs and neville who are club legends as well as leaders.
Rio(england's captain), Vidic (Serbia's vice captain), Evra (talk about him being frances captain), Fletcher (Scotland's captain), Berbatov ( Bulgaria's former captain), Van der sar ( Holland's former captain and record cap holder) and even Ji-Sung park is korea's captain.

A bit off topic but struck me as a prettys stupid comment. We have a very experienced squad with lots of leaders.:S

Notice the bobble due to the poor pitch that could have happened to anyone and it DID happen to James against Chelsea this season you **** up.

Notice the bobble due to the poor pitch that could have happened to anyone and it DID happen to James against Chelsea this season you **** up.

Paul Robinson has had his chance on international stage and blown it, I for one would not bring him back to England squad.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cH2CHPNBP8"]YouTube- 1-1 England - Germany Kevin Kuranyi[/ame]

David James - Makes alot of mistakes and just got relegated. :S Glen Johnson, good going forward but too slow to get back and in Florence when Liverpool played Fiorentina in the CL they attacked down Liverpools right as the right back had gone missing and scored twice because of it. Carragher retired and then changed his mind. Lennon doesnt get enough crosses in. Heskey fat ****. Joe Cole was injured most of the season as were Ferdinand and King. Upson is just generally awful. And Robert Green? Really? He's not even comparible with the back up keeper for Spain who are clearly the favourites.

Ill start from the top ;)

David James, blatantly his fault Portsmouth got relegated and only made it to the FA Cup final

Glen Johnson scored an absolute blinder against a Mexico team who were all over us. Also attacking full backs are a necessity for breaking down almost any organised side, like the ones we'll likely face in the group stages. Also the only right back with any attacking merit what so ever available to England.

I agree that because Carragher retired he shouldn't get the captaincy but I don't think he ever seriously was, also I don't think he was brought to start games, more as a defensive option of Glen Johnson.

Rooney is at his best for England when playing with Heskey who also hold the ball up very well (look at our lack lustre performances against Mexico + Japan, could have done with Heskey then), the only **** here is clearly you.

Joe Cole is a brilliant player and is fit now so it's irrelevant if he was injured before.

Lennon has a very large amount of assists even though he was injured for several months, he's doing something right.

Upson will be sitting on the bench 99% of the time, cry about it.

Robert Green is more than likely better than the second choice keeper of alot of top teams at the World Cup, Spain are Spain they have an incredible team and amazing goalkeepers but they can only play one at a time.

please shut up now. your making yourself look a right tard. Manchester United and Liverpool are the two biggest, most successfull clubs in England no matter how long ago Liverpool have been on the rocks, they still have a history to make other clubs jealous of.

and im a Manchester United from Manchester and i hate Liverpool more than most.

Previous success doesn't make you a good club in the present day.
Overall Man Utd and Liverpool are Englands most successful clubs, yes.
But saying Liverpool, 7th in the top division are in the current top 2 is an insult to every 60million of us.

But saying Liverpool, 7th in the top division are in the current top 2 is an insult to every 60million of us.

oh please seriously,history makes the club. they have more history than anyone else. they are a massive club. you need to start learning abit more about football my friend.

But you said liverpool weren't one of the biggest. They may be a bit poor now but they are still a huge club known all over the world with a great stadium and great history.

Why do all chelsea fans present themselves as proper ***** (i hate that word! :() who know nothing about football!?

i think when two loyal man united fans defend Liverpool, your wrong! :')

Why do all chelsea fans present themselves as proper ***** (i hate that word! :() who know nothing about football!?

believe me, it hurts a lot but its true lol

I haven't read the above discussion but in reply to retrodude a combination of scousers and mancs is hardly a world authority on anything 8-|

Because they have only been following football for a few years, since Chelsea got money. Hence the lack of knowledge about football.

or they are 12.

Either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.