England side to face France

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 472
  • Views Views 23K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tottenham played Modric and Huddlestone in centre against Inter Milan and battered them. I think positive is the way forward.

Thats because Huddlestone is a holding player, he stays fairly deep and sprays passes around. Neither Henderson nor Wilshere does that. They both are possibilities but whichever one you pick, you have to have Barry alongside them, mediocre player though he is

Tottenham played Modric and Huddlestone in centre against Inter Milan and battered them. I think positive is the way forward.

Huddlestone isn't exactly a dynamic attacking midfielder though is he? He's a disciplined deep-lying playmaker, playing a holding role. AKA, a dedicated destroyer.

it saddens me when we talk about Barry as someone we have to play...

Huddlestone isn't exactly a dynamic attacking midfielder though is he? He's a disciplined deep-lying playmaker, playing a holding role. AKA, a dedicated destroyer.
Neither is Henderson though, he could quite easily fit into that role if you ask me.

Neither is Henderson though, he could quite easily fit into that role if you ask me.
henderson is closer to a wilshere than a barry in terms of postioning. you dont want someone who "could fit in", especially against the best top players, you need a dedicated player there. much as i dislike barry he simply has to play there unless you have a hargreaves/reo coker/thudd in the side

Is he really worth 20million. If utd spent 20million plus on this geezers, i for one would be ******.

He said similar thing when Arsenal were interested in Kenwyn Jones, he said something stupid like he wouldnt accept £30m for him, so I think he goes over the top with his prices.

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

it saddens me when we talk about Barry as someone we have to play...

I agree there, some of his game play is awful, fair enough he has good games but I dont think hes consistent enough,

If only Ryan Giggs chose England, Michael Owen never broke his leg and stuck with Liverpool, Owen Hargreaves stayed Injury Free, Rio Ferdinand and Lampard were 5 years younger then we may have won the world cup by now......

On the other hand Im liking how Carroll is doing, hopefully then can get him and Rooney as a permanent pair

I dont mind Lennon, hes a good player to bring on when the other team is tireing, hes rediculously quick

definitely and how bout welbeck he looked class vs chelsea and same with onuaha of do they need more match expierience

do you guys not think wilshere is better in behind the striker than deeper in midfield?

do you guys not think wilshere is better in behind the striker than deeper in midfield?

Possibly, and i would like to see him there sometimes. However he plays in the deeper position for Arsenal in order to get Fabregas in his best position. In England's case, to get Gerrard in (what i think is) his best position. (although that is up for debate). Plus when played deeper, Wilshere has more time on the ball to see all of what is in front of him and dicatate the play. It could be a very effective tactic agaisnt France. The natural way to stop it is to have Gourcuff to get goalside of Wilshere and close him down. I must confess I'm not sure what Gourcuff's work rate is like and how willing he would be to do this job

Possibly, and i would like to see him there sometimes. However he plays in the deeper position for Arsenal in order to get Fabregas in his best position. In England's case, to get Gerrard in (what i think is) his best position. (although that is up for debate). Plus when played deeper, Wilshere has more time on the ball to see all of what is in front of him and dicatate the play. It could be a very effective tactic agaisnt France. The natural way to stop it is to have Gourcuff to get goalside of Wilshere and close him down. I must confess I'm not sure what Gourcuff's work rate is like and how willing he would be to do this job

Agreed on all. As for the bolded... eh, FM says he's quite the worker anyway. ;)

Agreed on all. As for the bolded... eh, FM says he's quite the worker anyway. ;)

Its a mark of how quality FM is that i actually believe it despite virtually never watching Gourcuff :)

---------- Post added at 05:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 AM ----------

definitely and how bout welbeck he looked class vs chelsea and same with onuaha of do they need more match expierience

Dont think either of them are quite up to it yet personally. It would be nice if Onuaha became a great defender as his pace suits England's pressing style well, but I can't see him ever being international quality. You're right though he should at least get a chance to impress in a friendly

Carroll and Henderson are to start tomorrow night according to BBC News.

Gibbs also starting.

And now Newcastle want Carroll to be pulled out, perhaps understandably.

Last edited:
According to Sky Sources this is the starting XI for England;

Foster
Jagielka Ferdinand Lescott Gibbs
Barry Henderson
Walcott Gerrard Milner
Carroll​

What's everyone's thoughts on the line up?

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:04 PM ----------

It's been confirmed that is the starting line up tonight for England.. what's the thoughts?

how how how how how how how the ****

is barry starting.

im giving up with england as I grow up, more focused on Arsenal I think. Fabio and the Fa just **** me off :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back