England side to face France

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 472
  • Views Views 23K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Barry in the team. WHY. Is Barry. In the team.

He wouldn't make it onto the subs bench in any other major nation...

Club v Country looks like it will happen again. Newcastle said they do not want Carroll playing, yet he is starting...

According to Sky Sources this is the starting XI for England;

Foster
Jagielka Ferdinand Lescott Gibbs
Barry Henderson
Walcott Gerrard Milner
Carroll​

What's everyone's thoughts on the line up?

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:04 PM ----------

It's been confirmed that is the starting line up tonight for England.. what's the thoughts?
Good formation but, why is Lescott in there? Also would have prefered to see Adam Johnson instead of Milner, but oh well.

Jagielka at right back?? WTF? 2-0 France

Pretty much agree with that line up, got to be worth a try. Nice to see Foster, Henderson, Carroll and Gibbs given a chance

Is there any other obvious holding midfield players who would play instead of Barry? Maybe there are but I cant think of any at the moment.

TBF, I'd rather Jags than Johnson.

Equally, I'd rather Richards than both...

Is there any other obvious holding midfield players who would play instead of Barry? Maybe there are but I cant think of any at the moment.

Cattermole, perhaps? Rodwell? Rodwell gets my vote.

Last edited:

See the above discussion :) Not that i think Barry is any great shakes but who else is there ?

Even Phil Jones? He'd work. He's been in fairly good nick recently playing as a holder for Blackburn.

Foster's playing...Lol.

have you seen Fozzy this season? hes in good form and deserves an appearance for sure.

this is how good he has been this season...

Joe Hart a revelation at Blues as you all know, made himself at St Andrews, however Hart was very edgy over the first 10 games or so, and no one was totally convinced of him

Foster was convincing instantly... that says something about him in my eyes.

He is a great keeper, and i hope he has a blinder tonight!

I think the concentration should be more on why gareth barry is aloud anywhere near an england shirt, what a waste!!!

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

TBF, I'd rather Jags than Johnson.

Equally, I'd rather Richards than both...

Cattermole, perhaps? Rodwell? Rodwell gets my vote.

MASSIVELY agree with the Rodwell shout, that lad is gonna go far!

have you seen Fozzy this season? hes in good form and deserves an appearance for sure.

this is how good he has been this season...

Joe Hart a revelation at Blues as you all know, made himself at St Andrews, however Hart was very edgy over the first 10 games or so, and no one was totally convinced of him

Foster was convincing instantly... that says something about him in my eyes.

He is a great keeper, and i hope he has a blinder tonight!

I think the concentration should be more on why gareth barry is aloud anywhere near an england shirt, what a waste!!!

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

MASSIVELY agree with the Rodwell shout, that lad is gonna go far!
but not as holding mid, at least not the way moyes wants him to play

but not as holding mid, at least not the way moyes wants him to play

maybe not necessarily as a holding midfielder, just an overall player

although i think he would do as good a job if not better than barry, purely because of his energy and ability to run faster than a fridge

although i think he would do as good a job if not better than barry, purely because of his energy and ability to run faster than a fridge

Ha, the fridge comment made me laugh. :D If Barry's a fridge, what's Huddlestone? The fat bloke from the GoCompare ads?

lol true, but in that position you want a dedicated holding player. if moyes played him there i have no doubt he would become an outstanding player there

yann m'vila, vs gerrard thats gonna be a battle

Ha, the fridge comment made me laugh. :D If Barry's a fridge, what's Huddlestone? The fat bloke from the GoCompare ads?

Huddlestone is a Bosch fridge/freezer!

But... has wheels! If you get the metaphor :$

Huddlestone and Rodwell in the middle would be a paring!

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

lol true, but in that position you want a dedicated holding player. if moyes played him there i have no doubt he would become an outstanding player there

yann m'vila, vs gerrard thats gonna be a battle

I think Steve G will come out on top, he bosses most players who he comes head to head with, although i agree, definitely a an area of the pitch to watch tonight!!

COME ON ENGLAND!

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

I think Steve G will come out on top, he bosses most players who he comes head to head with, although i agree, definitely a an area of the pitch to watch tonight!!

COME ON ENGLAND!
thats a platform that would allow the front 4 and the fullbacks to attack at will, but with creativity from deep too

thats a platform that would allow the front 4 and the fullbacks to attack at will, but with creativity from deep too

Ye i agree... but will it ever happen! We can only hope!

Im really enjoying imagining how the England team will look in a few years, the futures bright in my opinion!

COME ON ENGLAND!

Ha, agreed. M'Vila's greateat challenge yet. He's a quality player though.

I'm impressed with England's early pressing. This is an element of our natural game that we're perfectly suited to, we produce athletic, strong players like nobody else. If we can couple this with improved ball retention and modern style of play we can be very effective.

Last edited:
I would like it if we could keep the ball for longer than 5 seconds,

just because Carroll is a beast aerially doesn't mean we have to launch everything oO)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back