Status
Not open for further replies.
---------------Hart-----------------
Richards-Terry-Ferdinand- Gibbs
-----------Barry-Wilshere----------
Johnson-----Gerrard-------Young
------------Agbonlahor----------

Is what we could go for. Just leaves me feeling uneasy about the double pivot

i just dont trust barry full stop, but right now i dont know what other option we have, barry in a 3 man mid is less open than barry in a 2 man mid

---------- Post added at 03:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 AM ----------

not sure what the video is about, but the point is where moyes plays him and where he would play for england are two different roles. moyes wants him to be a lampard-esque player
Yes but first priority is obviously got to be club. You can't define a player from where you play him for his country. And what's to say he isn't versatile enough to do both. Schweinstieger for example, played for Bayern as an Attacking Mid, yet he sits in the hole with Khedira for Germany.

I really don't see your point.

Well you can take Terry out of your lineup lol.

Literally **** Barry, wack Henderson in. Please tell me what harm could be done? Barry does **** all for England and is so negative in his passing, and loses it way too often. Granted he reads the game pretty well, usually, but I think the input Barry gives to England, Henderson is more than capable of matching.

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 AM ----------

P.S give it 5 months and they'll be talking about Beckford for the England squad. Guranteed.

Yes but first priority is obviously got to be club. You can't define a player from where you play him for his country. And what's to say he isn't versatile enough to do both. Schweinstieger for example, played for Bayern as an Attacking Mid, yet he sits in the hole with Khedira for Germany.

I really don't see your point.
actually that season he was playing deep for bayern too then went on to do so for bayern

---------- Post added at 04:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 AM ----------

Literally **** Barry, wack Henderson in. Please tell me what harm could be done? Barry does **** all for England and is so negative in his passing, and loses it way too often. Granted he reads the game pretty well, usually, but I think the input Barry gives to England, Henderson is more than capable of matching.

---------- Post added at 04:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 AM ----------

P.S give it 5 months and they'll be talking about Beckford for the England squad. Guranteed.
we did that with lampard instead of henderson, didnt work out too well

you want someone who is happy to hold position in that 2.

Wanna see Richards get his chance. He deserves another chance more than smalling in my opinion.

you play a midfield trio of wilshere gerrard henderson you might as well commit hari kari

actually that season he was playing deep for bayern too then went on to do so for bayern

---------- Post added at 04:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 AM ----------

we did that with lampard instead of henderson, didnt work out too well

you want someone who is happy to hold position in that 2.
1st. Precisely my point, Schweinstieger was versatile enough to fit Bayerns need for his team. Who's to say next season Schweinstieger won't be reverted to AMC, as Rodwell could quite easily do.

2nd. Lampard is a different player to Henderson, and has always been wank for England.

Wanna see Richards get his chance. He deserves another chance more than smalling in my opinion.
two different positions, micah richards will play right back (finally)

---------- Post added at 04:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 AM ----------

1st. Precisely my point, Schweinstieger was versatile enough to fit Bayerns need for his team. Who's to say next season Schweinstieger won't be reverted to AMC, as Rodwell could quite easily do.

2nd. Lampard is a different player to Henderson, and has always been wank for England.
but hes not even playing there, thats my point, bastian was for a whole season. if rodwell actually plays there on a regular basis then yeah, but hes not. hes playing as central mid attack, and then suddenly you expect him to fit in as a deep mid. not gonna happen

Lol at beckford even being considered for england in 6 months. Hes ****.

looking forward to seeing Henderson in the center of the park for England, was one of the best players against Chelsea today. also glad to see Smalling in the squad, just shows to any non league footballer that the impossible is possible, not sure about Boothroyd though, he is ok at Championship level but international level? not too sure about.

you play a midfield trio of wilshere gerrard henderson you might as well commit hari kari
I beg to differ, and anyway it's a friendly, what better experience than against France. I honestly think the majority of supporters would prefer to play a fresh team with bags of potential give it a shot against some of the worlds best. I think they'd play really well together especially with Young who defensively has also got a lot better tracking back defensively, when he has needed too. The flair and creativity of a 4 pronged midfield of Johnson, Wilshere, Gerrard, Young, backed up by Henderson just behing. Would be really exciting to see, even if it didn't work perfectly at first chance.

I beg to differ, and anyway it's a friendly, what better experience than against France. I honestly think the majority of supporters would prefer to play a fresh team with bags of potential give it a shot against some of the worlds best. I think they'd play really well together especially with Young who defensively has also got a lot better tracking back defensively, when he has needed too. The flair and creativity of a 4 pronged midfield of Johnson, Wilshere, Gerrard, Young, backed up by Henderson just behing. Would be really exciting to see, even if it didn't work perfectly at first chance.
you talk about flair and creativity without any thought to the french. you want to put henderson up against gourcuff?

Last edited:
Playing nowadays without at least one designated holder is utter suicide, especially when against the talent of Gourcuff.

you talk about flair and creativity without any thought to the french. you want to put henderson up against gourcuff?
Seemed to deal with Malouda, Zhirkov, Ramires and co earlier with ease.

Seemed to deal with Malouda, Zhirkov, Ramires and co earlier with ease.
neither of whom a top class amcs.... and he was deployed alongside a dedicated destroyer in cattermole

So you want to play a double pivot of Henderson and Wilshere? Even on FM your team would get killed

---------- Post added at 04:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 AM ----------

All worthy of a chance in their own right, but you cant just chuck good players into a team and expect it to work. A designated destroyer up against Gourcuff is an absolute MUST in my opinion. ****, even with one it might not be enough considering how poor Barry is defensively

---------- Post added at 04:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 AM ----------

Why does everyone keep calling him Boothroyd, its Bothroyd |)
Tottenham played Modric and Huddlestone in centre against Inter Milan and battered them. I think positive is the way forward.

So you want to play a double pivot of Wilshere and Henderson? Even on FM your team would get killed

agree with stann on this, rodwell should be in the squad and if he didn't get injured he probably would of been. I feel he should of been given a chance before wilshere and henderson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back