England side to face France

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 472
  • Views Views 23K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come to think of it, Nasri probably will come into the side at the expense of Valbuena.

Why oh why won't we play a 4-2-3-1? A back four plus Hart, with Huddlestone the Schweinsteiger-esque passer and Barry (or someone better. Rodwell given a chance perhaps? Reo-Coker might've been if he wasn't injured.) making the support runs. Young on the left cutting inside to leave space for Cole, Gerrard in the centre bossing the game, width on the right from Walcott or Lennon and take your pick upfront. Milner is the utility man in all of this which allows us to change emphasis when necessary from the bench or starting. Drop Lampard.

Carlton Cole has been called into the England squad as cover for injury doubts Andy Carroll and Gabby Agbonlahor..

Sounds like Capello didn't like Davies much.

I wouldn't play Carroll for England, I think he is probably good enough, but players who play for England act as role models for kids and Carroll is a thug.

What is with englands obsession with target men. it seems we think it is impposible to use a smaller guy as lone striker. if you have good movement you dont have to lump it up.

What is with englands obsession with target men. it seems we think it is impposible to use a smaller guy as lone striker. if you have good movement you dont have to lump it up.
all our small strikers with great movement are injured (rooney and defoe). you dont have to lump it to a targetman either

Hart

richards jagielka smalling gibbs
gerrard barry
young wilshere johnson
agbonlahore

gerrard should get forward as playmaker. with baryy siting more. young wilshere and johnson should inter-change, agbonlahore should use his pace to stretch them so wilshere can get space to influence the game.NO PUNTING UP AND LOOKING FOR KNOCHDOWNS LETS PLAY SOME PROPER FOOTBALL​

Hart

richards jagielka smalling gibbs
gerrard barry
young wilshere johnson
agbonlahore

gerrard should get forward as playmaker. with baryy siting more. young wilshere and johnson should inter-change, agbonlahore should use his pace to stretch them so wilshere can get space to influence the game.NO PUNTING UP AND LOOKING FOR KNOCHDOWNS LETS PLAY SOME PROPER FOOTBALL​
you cant stretch a side when they play a deep line, thats why your lone man cant just be pacy. a deep line kills his that advantage, and if he cant hold the ball up you cant get the deep support arriving

I can see Wilshere and Gerrard being the centre mid pairing

I do believe that it will be Henderson and Wilshere for the future too!

Also, good to see Josh McEachran in the U21 team

Carroll v Sakho is something I really would love to see ;)

I'm loving the Smalling hating, he's done nothing wrong since joining United, scored a goal and played champions league football, he's young and being called up to the england squad will only help him. Also isn't that blackburn youngster being turned more into a centre mid than a centre back these days?

Will be interesting to see Bothroyd play if he gets any time on the pitch, but I would have liked to see Matt Jarvis and Albrighton called up too :(

Decent squad and i think the inclution of Boothroyd makes it very intrsting indeed. More than likely JT will pick up a knock tomorrow.

CJACKO is a friend of JT. Confirmed. He missed out against Sunderland.

I'm loving the Smalling hating, he's done nothing wrong since joining United, scored a goal and played champions league football, he's young and being called up to the england squad will only help him. Also isn't that blackburn youngster being turned more into a centre mid than a centre back these days?

Will be interesting to see Bothroyd play if he gets any time on the pitch, but I would have liked to see Matt Jarvis and Albrighton called up too :(

No one is hating Smalling, they are just saying there are people who deserve a call up more. At least that's what i was saying

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

Come to think of it, Nasri probably will come into the side at the expense of Valbuena.

Why oh why won't we play a 4-2-3-1? A back four plus Hart, with Huddlestone the Schweinsteiger-esque passer and Barry (or someone better. Rodwell given a chance perhaps? Reo-Coker might've been if he wasn't injured.) making the support runs. Young on the left cutting inside to leave space for Cole, Gerrard in the centre bossing the game, width on the right from Walcott or Lennon and take your pick upfront. Milner is the utility man in all of this which allows us to change emphasis when necessary from the bench or starting. Drop Lampard.

I think because we dont have a proper holding midfielder apart from Hargreaves. Perhaps Reo-Coker and Rodwell are the answer, i really hope so. But with the players in the squad announced, i trust none of them as a holding player.

Can't wait to see how Bothroyd gets on. Was one name I totally didn't expect when I heard the team news.

all our small strikers with great movement are injured (rooney and defoe). you dont have to lump it to a targetman either

Indeed. You need look no further than Klose for proof that a tall target man isn't necessarily one-dimensional. Chamakh and Hoarau are both good examples too.

you cant stretch a side when they play a deep line, thats why your lone man cant just be pacy. a deep line kills his that advantage, and if he cant hold the ball up you cant get the deep support arriving

Interesting, seeing as Agbonlahor has both attributes. He's blisteringly quick, but he's bulked up and is now extremely hard to push off the ball, the perfect physical specimen.

I think because we dont have a proper holding midfielder apart from Hargreaves. Perhaps Reo-Coker and Rodwell are the answer, i really hope so. But with the players in the squad announced, i trust none of them as a holding player.

Reo-Coker is our closest, but the point is with two holders we don't need a proper "destroyer" type as much. Playing Huddlestone and Reo-Coker would be good, imitating the Schweinsteiger-Khedira axis that works so well for Germany. Huddlestone holds position and sprays passes around, Reo-Coker uses his energy and work-rate to destroy attacks around him and make late runs. Of course, the point is slightly moot in this case as Reo-Coker's injured.

Indeed. You need look no further than Klose for proof that a tall target man isn't necessarily one-dimensional. Chamakh and Hoarau are both good examples too.

Interesting, seeing as Agbonlahor has both attributes. He's blisteringly quick, but he's bulked up and is now extremely hard to push off the ball, the perfect physical specimen.

Reo-Coker is our closest, but the point is with two holders we don't need a proper "destroyer" type as much. Playing Huddlestone and Reo-Coker would be good, imitating the Schweinsteiger-Khedira axis that works so well for Germany. Huddlestone holds position and sprays passes around, Reo-Coker uses his energy and work-rate to destroy attacks around him and make late runs. Of course, the point is slightly moot in this case as Reo-Coker's injured.
i just dont rate gaby to be fair, im not sure he has enough about his game. i'd like to be wrong though

---------- Post added at 03:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

Terry, Cole and Abonglahor are out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back