England Squad to face Denmark

• Thread starter Thread starter Jack Fulham
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 304
  • Views Views 15K
honestly cant remember the last time we passed like this away from home, let's keep it up

also loving terry playing like hes beckenbauer, bursting forwards from CB

Eriksen...wow,

what a goal by Frank lol, great tekkers. That Eriksen will be in the PL one day without a dout.

that was a perfect tackle ffs

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

i hate andy townsend, so negative about england

Interesting stuff in midfield for England.. Lampard and Wilshere taking it turns to play the more advanced role - Wilshere is generally the deeper of the two, but it showing willingness to support when Rooney pushes up in line with Bent. Thing is, neither of them are naturally holding players and Erikssen is left in acres of space whenever he gets the ball.

I guess JT acting like Beckenbauer/Vermaelen, pushing up from CB helps counter the threat of Erikssen - Doing the opposite of what Busquets does for Barca and what Song did for Arsenal last season (dropping back to CB when they burst forward) as he moves into the DM space.

Good stuff from England, so far. FBs look a little dodgy - not sure why Cole is backing off when there's 15 yards between him and the Danish player on the ball and Johnson had a mare in the first 10 minutes. Solid, steady pressure since the goal, and keeping it well when we have the ball - not just pumping it up to Bent/Rooney.

hah, called this right last week, and they're only picking up on this now

Chiles thinks Wilshere would be like Makelele? Face, meet palm.

I see they're not closing down Dawson when he has the ball.

vKoppel was bigging up Erikson before the world cup, he's been fantastic tonight. Still not sure why Wilshere should be deployed as defensive midfielder/deep lying playmaker because he hasn't even played there for Arsenal yet. Were never going to get the best out of him playing him in that position.

Chiles thinks Wilshere would be like Makelele? Face, meet palm.
say it with me chiles: double pivot

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

I see they're not closing down Dawson when he has the ball.

vKoppel was bigging up Erikson before the world cup, he's been fantastic tonight. Still not sure why Wilshere should be deployed as defensive midfielder/deep lying playmaker because he hasn't even played there for Arsenal yet. Were never going to get the best out of him playing him in that position.
hes not holding every time hes moving up when necessary like he does at arsenal

Gareth Barry? :( Well, at least the first half was entertaining.

Back