England squad to face Montenegro & U21's to face Romania

• Thread starter Thread starter Jack Fulham
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 228
  • Views Views 13K
0-0 half-time.

Godcubed -- not sure if Fielding's two saves late in the half were good ones or lucky escapes from entering the England Goalies Hall of Shame lol.

England team: Hart, G Johnson, Cole, Ferdinand (capt), Lescott, Gerrard, Young, Barry, Crouch, Rooney, A Johnson. Subs: Foster, Warnock, Cahill, Wright-Phillips, Wilshere, Downing, Davies.

Good to see Young make the first-team. Not convinced about Crouch, would rather have Rooney as the out-and-out with Gerrard behind him, with Wilshere or Thudd coming in.

lescott oO) would have preferred cahill, other than that no complaints, excepts wheres Thudd? is he out due to injury?

lescott oO) would have preferred cahill, other than that no complaints, excepts wheres Thudd? is he out due to injury?

Agreed on both. I'm assuming Thudd is out. Surely he must be if he doesn't even make the bench...

Crouch is starting, at least he scores for England, just hope England dont just hoof it up to him and keep giving the ball away

Crouch will more than likely score today. He always tends to score against the smaller sides (no offense to Montenegro) so he should get one at least today.

I hope Rooney plays well and gets brought off after scoring a goal. Hoping he gets the goal for his confidence, and gets brought off to preserve him for United at the weekend.

I'm predicting England 4-1 Montenegro.

This, and what madsheep said about Lescott and Thudd...

Disappointed in another 4-4-2, but as long we get the win i'll be happy(ish) for now.

Yeah... let's hope it's a fluid one with only Crouch in a fixed position. Rooney plays alright with him, and can drift around at will. If the two wingers are played uninverted, Crouch is going to be the typical aerial threat. Gerrard has another opportunity to prove madsheep wrong (:P) in centre midfield, and hopefull Barry plays a lot more disciplined game.

This, and what madsheep said about Lescott and Thudd...

Disappointed in another 4-4-2, but as long we get the win i'll be happy(ish) for now.
nothing wrong with the 4-4-2, its how its deployed that matters. a 4-4-2 in a fluid framework and the right players can be devastating. with rooney it will be a 4-4-1-1 in defence ans transition, giving us an extra man in midfield

nothing wrong with the 4-4-2, its how its deployed that matters. a 4-4-2 in a fluid framework and the right players can be devastating. with rooney it will be a 4-4-1-1 in defence ans transition, giving us an extra man in midfield

Great minds and all that, eh? :P

Yeah... let's hope it's a fluid one with only Crouch in a fixed position. Rooney plays alright with him, and can drift around at will. If the two wingers are played uninverted, Crouch is going to be the typical aerial threat. Gerrard has another opportunity to prove madsheep wrong (:P) in centre midfield, and hopefull Barry plays a lot more disciplined game.
gerrard's done really well, but i wont back down till hes done it against a top 10 side. but im glad to have been proved wrong so far

gerrard's done really well, but i wont back down till hes done it against a top 10 side. but im glad to have been proved wrong so far

Yeah, I agree. Still, let's hope for a couple of spectaculars from him tonight, at any rate.

EDIT: Aha, just seen this on Zonal Marking's twitter:

"Mirko Vucinic is out, shame, was hoping for him to score, run past @rioferdy5 (poss with shorts on head) and say "You have been Mirk-ed son""

Second EDIT: Blimey, Pierluigi Collina! Now there's a ref. Bring him back.

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree. Still, let's hope for a couple of spectaculars from him tonight, at any rate.

EDIT: Aha, just seen this on Zonal Marking's twitter:

"Mirko Vucinic is out, shame, was hoping for him to score, run past @rioferdy5 (poss with shorts on head) and say "You have been Mirk-ed son""

Second EDIT: Blimey, Pierluigi Collina! Now there's a ref. Bring him back.

I saw him in Brent Cross earlier :) - (Shopping Centre around the corner from Wembley.)

He's just as scary in real life.

Apologies if already been posted, but is this on TV ?

ITV. Just about to start.

I saw him in Brent Cross earlier :) - (Shopping Centre around the corner from Wembley.)

He's just as scary in real life.

He was great though, loved Collina and his death glare.

Does nobody else think the Montenegrin anthem is downright scary?

Back