England squad to face Montenegro & U21's to face Romania

• Thread starter Thread starter Jack Fulham
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 228
  • Views Views 13K
Is there a better RB in England than Glen Johnson. Speaking as a Liverpool fan I find that his defensive frailties have been sufferable at times to Liverpool and England. I personally feel he should be a Right Mid, but I just don't know if there is a better player when he is not there.

Is there a better RB in England than Glen Johnson. Speaking as a Liverpool fan I find that his defensive frailties have been sufferable at times to Liverpool and England. I personally feel he should be a Right Mid, but I just don't know if there is a better player when he is not there.

Micah Richards if he puts his head down can become a great player

I'm sure there are better English right backs, like Onuoha and Richards. Defensively of course, Johnson gives England that option out wide and that could let them play more central.

What are peoples thoughts on Albrighton and Johnson?

I like both of these players, future first teamers?

I like the pair of them alot, the only problem is that Johnson plays on the right wing like Albrighton and i think if you play Johnson on the left wing you lose alot of his game.

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

Agree that we lack a real class right back, Johnson has been woeful for a good deal of time now, i thought the situation was solved when Richards came through and he started really well for England. I hope he can win his position back i think he has all the right attributes to become Englands number 2.

I like the pair of them alot, the only problem is that Johnson plays on the right wing like Albrighton and i think if you play Johnson on the left wing you lose alot of his game.

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------[/COLOR]

Agree that we lack a real class right back, Johnson has been woeful for a good deal of time now, i thought the situation was solved when Richards came through and he started really well for England. I hope he can win his position back i think he has all the right attributes to become Englands number 2.

Is Johnson not left footed? If not he's pretty s**t hot with it...

*and yeah, but I still think he's looking good on either wing

Is Johnson not left footed? If not he's pretty s**t hot with it...

*and yeah, but I still think he's looking good on either wing

Yer he is left footed but he is a Arjen Robben type winger, plays on the right wing and cuts inside all the time and it seems to work for the lad. I do hope something can sort itself out though because i like Albrighton alot.

WHAT? Glen Johnson is left footed? Are you sure?(quote Nicolo ;) )

Im just looking at the facts that he isen't playing well and Capello said he would pick players on form (which we know is aload of ****)

Of course it's a load of ****. We can't JUST pick people on form. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

What are peoples thoughts on Albrighton and Johnson?

I like both of these players, future first teamers?

A. Johnson, I assume? If so, then without a doubt. Johnson is extremely good, a bright young talent. Albrighton... I have been singing his praises for ever. He's like a faster James Milner, with a lot more x-factor than old Jimmy. Whilst defensively he's not that great, he has the time and willpower to improve. On the plus side, he's quick, hard working, two footed, versatile, a superb crosser and a mazy dribbler. Give him two years and he'll be in the England team.

Problem is with Johnson, he isn't the right type of player as a right winger, but he's not a right back either. See, I'd go with what Scott says next:

Micah Richards if he puts his head down can become a great player

Richards is my bet for the future, either him or Onuoha. Both are strong and quick (in Onuoha's case blisteringly so), though I think Richards is the better right-back.

Albrighton's well on his way to becoming a Milner-esque versatile winger who can play on either wing. I reckon you could start him and Johnson on either wing and get them to switch with good effect, so maybe that's a problem solved.

Yer he is left footed but he is a Arjen Robben type winger, plays on the right wing and cuts inside all the time and it seems to work for the lad. I do hope something can sort itself out though because i like Albrighton alot.

Hm... didn't he play left wing for Boro? From what I hear he's pretty good on both. Don't know what his crossing's like, though.

Last edited:
Im just looking at the facts that he isen't playing well and Capello said he would pick players on form (which we know is aload of ****) but i just think it would be good for him aswell. Look what Chelsea done to Terry he was making mistakes when his private life came out in the public so Chelsea took him 100% away from it we kept playing well so in a way he had to win his place back and then he went on to lift 2 trophies later on that season. I just think it will make him want it more make him more hungry for it.
its nothing to with hunger, in fact he needs to be playing as much as he can. he is in decent form just lacking confidence in front of goal, his general approach play has been good.

why on earth is Darren Bent not in the squad

Darren Bent (Sunderland), Peter Crouch (Tottenham Hotspur), Kevin Davies (Bolton Wanderers), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)

Calum you mong ;)

Darren Bent (Sunderland), Peter Crouch (Tottenham Hotspur), Kevin Davies (Bolton Wanderers), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)

Calum you mong ;)

on sky sports news it showed his twitter page saying something like he is gutted devestated look at the pic oO)

He thought he was starting. Maybe he isnt?

Just been ruled out with Injury

Sorry callum, he is injured. I thought he might of been dropped, but i think he was due to start but is now injured.

For anyone who's interested the Under-21s are currently playing Romania in the second-leg of their play-off. With just over 30 mins gone in a fairly even game, the score is 0-0 and 2-1 on agg to England.

England -- Fielding, Bertrand, Mancienne (C), Smalling, Cleverly, Sturridge, Wellbeck, Jones, Henderson, Rose, Muamba.

Subs -- Loach, Walker, Kelly, Delfouneso, Lansbury, Trippier, Cork.

Yeah, been watching. Torje looks like a great talent. Fielding's having a shocker.

Back