England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Jags' partnership with Distin has been excellent. To say decent is just an insult.

Just staggered by such a crass comment that has absolutely no truth whatsoever. His workrate is second to none, and is more than willing to sacrifice himself for his team mates.

You know he's an Everton fan, right?

I find it a bit amusing you're talking about "listening to the media" when the person you're talking to is the one that watches every minute Jagielka actually plays.

His avatar kind of gives that away.
And unless you literally don't watch or read anything football related, that doesn't mean you can't be affected by what the media tell you...

(And being an Everton fan would naturally make him less likely to see the player's faults)

Except he hasn't. There's just literally no proof that you have that he's **** and hasn't been good this season - and before you start talking about how I don't have proof either, the burden of proof is on the person holding the contrary opinion to the norm, not the other way round - and he's been one of the better English centre-backs in a season where English centre-backs are doing very well, so I have no idea where you got this opinion from.

Oh okay then, even though neither of us have any proof to backup our opinion, yours MUST be right because you said so.

And which other English centre-backs apart from Cahill and Terry have been in good form this season?

Smalling? No. Jones? No. Ferdinand? No.

In the Chelsea - Everton match, Jagielka was regularly out of position, and his decision making regard to whether to stay tight or drop off players wasn't good enough.

His avatar kind of gives that away.
And unless you literally don't watch or read anything football related, that doesn't mean you can't be affected by what the media tell you...

(And being an Everton fan would naturally make him less likely to see the player's faults)

Sure, but he's STILL in a better position to make a judgement about to player than you. In fact, all the media are. You're the ONLY ONE saying Jagielka's a bad player.

I don't know about you, but I don't just love every Palace player blindly just because they play for Palace. Ajt didn't think Diniyar Bilyaletdinov was amazing just because he was was an Everton player, in the same way I never thought Calvin Andrew was amazing 'cause he played for Palace. Your arguments are crazy and you don't have any evidence as to why Jagielka's a bad player.

Jags' partnership with Distin has been excellent. To say decent is just an insult.

Just staggered by such a crass comment that has absolutely no truth whatsoever. His workrate is second to none, and is more than willing to sacrifice himself for his team mates.

Have to say after watching them for 90 minutes just a few days ago i tweeted more than once how impressed i was of Everton's backline and even stated it was the best in the premier league. As a unit it is fantastic.

GK: Hart
LB, CB, CB, RB: Baines, Cahill, Jagielka (He's ****, but he's our 2nd best CB), Walker
DM: Gerrard, Henderson
AM: Wilshere
LW,RW: Oxlade Chamberlain, Sturridge
ST: Rooney

Definitely not Henderson and Gerrard, have you seen how porous Liverpool are? Henderson in a 3 man, other wise Gerrard is exposed.

Have to say after watching them for 90 minutes just a few days ago i tweeted more than once how impressed i was of Everton's backline and even stated it was the best in the premier league. As a unit it is fantastic.

Yeah I've been an Everton fan since '83 and It's been so long since I've seen such a rock solid defence. The number of times we've been kept in games because of them and Howard is..... I mean there have been 1 or 2 mistakes-but name a player who hasn't made one. I just love the watching them at work.

Sure, but he's STILL in a better position to make a judgement about to player than you. In fact, all the media are. You're the ONLY ONE saying Jagielka's a bad player.

I don't know about you, but I don't just love every Palace player blindly just because they play for Palace. Ajt didn't think Diniyar Bilyaletdinov was amazing just because he was was an Everton player, in the same way I never thought Calvin Andrew was amazing 'cause he played for Palace. Your arguments are crazy and you don't have any evidence as to why Jagielka's a bad player.

Urgh don't remind me. Had so much promise but.....well these things happen that's all I'm saying lol

Agreed. Stoke are also difficult to break down. Doesn't mean that the individual player's are great.

I'm not though. I am one out of 3 of us saying it. And no, you don't love every player blindly because they play for your team, but you still naturally ignore their faults and mistakes more than if they played for another club.

You seemed to have ignored my question about which England centre-backs you were referring to?

What I think you mean is, you disagree with me (Which is obviously fine), and rather than actually make any points your self, you will instead just ignore everything I say and spurt out random ****. So I will just do the same and ignore you.

I enjoy listening and discussing other people's views, but only if they are willing to actually listen to my points too (and actually defend their opinion themself)

Oh okay then, even though neither of us have any proof to backup our opinion, yours MUST be right because you said so.

And which other English centre-backs apart from Cahill and Terry have been in good form this season?

Smalling? No. Jones? No. Ferdinand? No.

In the Chelsea - Everton match, Jagielka was regularly out of position, and his decision making regard to whether to stay tight or drop off players wasn't good enough.

Oh, neither of us have enough proof? REALLY NOW?

Okay, I'll list you some English centre backs that have excelled.

1. Curtis Davies. He's been a rock at the back for Hull, with one of the highest tackling and interception rates in the Prem and a tiny amount of errors.

2. Phil Jagielka. As per usual, he's been quietly excellent. Solid, consistent, hasn't had a bad game this season. In the Chelsea - Everton match he was Everton's best player, so you're talking *****. High amount of interceptions, only been dispossessed twice this season.

3. James Tomkins. Exceptionally good in the air and on the ground, a great distributor and the leader of West Ham's defence despite being so young still. Excellent tackle success rate.

4. Steven Caulker. Been in great form for Cardiff. A beast in the air, quick and agile. Great aerial duel success rate.

That's four. The likes of Dawson and Williamson have also been pretty good when called upon. Just because you can't name any English CBs outside the most recognisable ones doesn't mean the rest don't exist. If you want more proof, I can actually start throwing stats at you, but like I said earlier, the burden of proof is on you, not me, so it should be irrelevant anyway.

John Stones will be one to keep an eye on aswell-showing a lot of potential

Definitely not Henderson and Gerrard, have you seen how porous Liverpool are? Henderson in a 3 man, other wise Gerrard is exposed.

Gerrard's played pretty well as the holding player, plus Chamberlain and Wilshere are hard-workers, so you would like to think we could manage. I've got Henderson in their because of his work-rate, and the fact that if he can keep up his current form until the Italy game, his runs could create the game-winning space for us.

Plus I think alot of Liverpool's awful defensive record is down to individual mistakes, mainly by their centrebacks.

Who would you in centre-mid next to Gerrard? (If Gerrard at all?)

Did GC really just turn down an opportunity to have a statsgasm?

Oh, neither of us have enough proof? REALLY NOW?

Okay, I'll list you some English centre backs that have excelled.

1. Curtis Davies. He's been a rock at the back for Hull, with one of the highest tackling and interception rates in the Prem and a tiny amount of errors.

2. Phil Jagielka. As per usual, he's been quietly excellent. Solid, consistent, hasn't had a bad game this season. In the Chelsea - Everton match he was Everton's best player, so you're talking *****. High amount of interceptions, only been dispossessed twice this season.

3. James Tomkins. Exceptionally good in the air and on the ground, a great distributor and the leader of West Ham's defence despite being so young still. Excellent tackle success rate.

4. Steven Caulker. Been in great form for Cardiff. A beast in the air, quick and agile. Great aerial duel success rate.

That's four. The likes of Dawson and Williamson have also been pretty good when called upon. Just because you can't name any English CBs outside the most recognisable ones doesn't mean the rest don't exist. If you want more proof, I can actually start throwing stats at you, but like I said earlier, the burden of proof is on you, not me, so it should be irrelevant anyway.

Oh fair enough, let's take Curtis Davies and Tomkins to the World Cup then. Italy and Uruguay will be shaking with fear.

See above post.

Agreed. Stoke are also difficult to break down. Doesn't mean that the individual player's are great.

Stoke are the third worst defence in the league. They've conceded more than Sunderland. So that's bollocks, moving on.

I'm not though. I am one out of 3 of us saying it. And no, you don't love every player blindly because they play for your team, but you still naturally ignore their faults and mistakes more than if they played for another club.

Um, no. I don't do that, and I'm pretty sure not many others do that. I have never ignored the natural faults of any Palace player, and nor would I. And nor does ajt for Jagielka, I'm sure.

You seemed to have ignored my question about which England centre-backs you were referring to?

Answered already.

What I think you mean is, you disagree with me (Which is obviously fine), and rather than actually make any points your self, you will instead just ignore everything I say and spurt out random ****. So I will just do the same and ignore you.

I enjoy listening and discussing other people's views, but only if they are willing to actually listen to my points too (and actually defend their opinion themself)

I defended my opinion with facts. You haven't defended your opinion at all other than saying "lel I watched one game where everyone agreed he played excellently and I thought he didn't MEDIA LIES ARE INFLUENCING YOU BLARRRGH"

John Stones will be one to keep an eye on aswell-showing a lot of potential

Great young player. Quietly one of England's best talents. He's technically excellent and more than comfortable as a right back. Looking forward to his development.

Did GC really just turn down an opportunity to have a statsgasm?

I find now that I actually have a job using stats it's taken the edge off my fervour a little. ;)

Oh fair enough, let's take Curtis Davies and Tomkins to the World Cup then. Italy and Uruguay will be shaking with fear.

See above post.

Haha brilliant. That might be the biggest strawman argument I've seen in my life. I'm done here.

^ ^

When we've made some really stupid mistakes (for example Baines trying to cheat to get a pen) I'll unload like any fan would. I love Everton and will always back the players-but at the same time, I'll always be critical when deserved.

I find now that I actually have a job using stats it's taken the edge off my fervour a little. ;)

Was this forum your CV?

And Everton have the joint 2nd best defensive record in the league with Arsenal and City. You don't get that with a dodgy CB.

Back