England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Even though it was a little cameo, fairly sure Lallana should have a big say in terms of starting.... As for Rooney, it may be controversial but I think we look better as a team without him, allowing Sturridge to play through the middle

Even though it was a little cameo, fairly sure Lallana should have a big say in terms of starting.... As for Rooney, it may be controversial but I think we look better as a team without him, allowing Sturridge to play through the middle

What would be even better is playing 4-2-3-1 with Rooney in behind Sturridge, Lallana and Sterling out wide. Let them all float about? Reckon that could work?

What would be even better is playing 4-2-3-1 with Rooney in behind Sturridge, Lallana and Sterling out wide. Let them all float about? Reckon that could work?

I thought that was going to be the original formation and i agree that has the potential to work

Don't like to compare Liverpool to England but it may involve Rooney playing similar to that of Coutinho recently and dropping into a slightly deeper role when defending

I thought that was going to be the original formation and i agree that has the potential to work

Don't like to compare Liverpool to England but it may involve Rooney playing similar to that of Coutinho recently and dropping into a slightly deeper role when defending

I think its the best way to get the best out of Sturridge, he is a natural goal scorer simple as that. Rooney on the other hand yes can score goals but can operate deeper very well too. I think you need to build this team to give Sturridge chances.

I think its the best way to get the best out of Sturridge, he is a natural goal scorer simple as that. Rooney on the other hand yes can score goals but can operate deeper very well too. I think you need to build this team to give Sturridge chances.

I agree... If the tactics were correct this team has a lot of potential, just cant help but feel Hodgson is too defensive

Also I apologise if my comments in the premier league thread the other day where a bit over the top I am on nicotine patches right now and an absolute **** to be around and I apologise because I feel like I took some of my frustrations out on you

Whoa! An apology on the internet! I never thought I'd live to see one of those.

I agree... If the tactics were correct this team has a lot of potential, just cant help but feel Hodgson is too defensive

Hodgson is actually not that defensive so far, for him. Whether that changes in the World Cup, who knows.

I dont think it was a lack of adventure. Rooney was just awful, and Henderson quiet. We looked much better when it was Welbeck, Sturridge, Sterling; with Lallana as the most attacking of the 3 CMs.

Anyone think England can top their group? I'm going on holiday June 29th and whoever comes top of group D that night will be playing, so hoping for England!

If Balotelli, Buffon, Pirlo, Suarez, Cavani etc all get injured ;).

Anyone listening to roy on talksport its making me excited for the world cup especially seeing as my partner and the kids are on holiday for the last two weeks of june and I am at home ;) (she has no idea why I don't mind)

Last edited:
If Sterling doesn't play in the World Cup I'm going to cry.

Anyone think England can top their group? I'm going on holiday June 29th and whoever comes top of group D that night will be playing, so hoping for England!

If Balotelli, Buffon, Pirlo, Suarez, Cavani etc all get injured ;).

Of course we can top our group.. But so could Italy and Uruguay. I personally prefer us to have a tough group, generally speaking our group draws have been too easy, at least this way we can get some games against top sides from day 1.

If Sterling doesn't play in the World Cup I'm going to cry.

Of course we can top our group.. But so could Italy and Uruguay. I personally prefer us to have a tough group, generally speaking our group draws have been too easy, at least this way we can get some games against top sides from day 1.

Yeah I think we're very capable of topping the group, even with Italy and Uruguay in it. Got some great lesser known players (to the other country fans anyway) In people like Llalana who I hope get a chance to play

Gutted for Jay Rodriguez. Cruciate injury. Definitely out for the World Cup. :(

Since the England squad has been announced, what's everyones starting 11's for the World Cup? (I know it can differ due to opposition and tactics etc) ... mine would be:

Hart
Johnson - Cahill - Jagielka - Baines
Gerrard - Henderson
Sterling - Rooney - Lallana
Sturridge

Maybe against Costa Rica we can sacrifice Henderson and replace him with Barkley?

Hart
Gerrard
Wilshere - Barkley
Lallana
Sturridge - Rooney

Narrow diamond could also be used?

Also worth noting that if Phil Jones isn't fit for the trip he'll be replaced by John Stones.

Since the England squad has been announced, what's everyones starting 11's for the World Cup? (I know it can differ due to opposition and tactics etc) ... mine would be:

Hart
Gerrard - Henderson
Sterling - Rooney - Lallana
Sturridge

Maybe against Costa Rica we can sacrifice Henderson and replace him with Barkley?

Hart
Gerrard
Wilshere - Barkley
Lallana
Sturridge - Rooney

Narrow diamond could also be used?

I think you guys should try and get the most out of Sterling and Ox on the wings, with Wilshere as main playmaker. The group of strikers doesn't look particularly impressive to me.

Back