England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Wilshere is better than Henderson but Think we need Henderson for the Italy game considering the climate and Italy are going to control the game with pirlo we need Hendersons energy.

Happy with squad tbh. Starting 11 1st game

Hart
Jhionson,Jags,Cahill,Baines
Gerard,Wlshere,Henderson
Welbeck,Rooney,Mlner

Would have chosen Carrick ahead of Lampard

And Barry for that matter, not sure about Carroll on standby and think smalling is very lucky to be in there as well.

overall no massive shocks and pretty much what I expected

Would have chosen Carrick ahead of Lampard

And Barry for that matter, not sure about Carroll on standby and think smalling is very lucky to be in there as well.

overall no massive shocks and pretty much what I expected

Barry over both in terms of form this season... Im not sure what Carrick offers to the team if Gerrard is playing in a deeper role and he has also been quite average this season

Barry over both in terms of form this season... Im not sure what Carrick offers to the team if Gerrard is playing in a deeper role and he has also been quite average this season
Form wise yes he probably doesn't deserve to start but he's a useful player to have. Help the team keep possession etc. At least he's played regularly this season unlike Lampard.
Barry in an England shirt just makes me cringe haha but he has had a good season I agree.

Im just trying to remember but I can't has Barry even been in a squad this season? England squad I mean

Form wise yes he probably doesn't deserve to start but he's a useful player to have. Help the team keep possession etc. At least he's played regularly this season unlike Lampard.
Barry in an England shirt just makes me cringe haha but he has had a good season I agree.

26 appearances in the Premier League, 34 appearances in all competitions including most of the games against the bigger, better sides. He has played more then what people think.

Do many users fancy entering a mini league on fantasy I-team (FiT) for the World Cup was just going to be for basers I'll create a second team on there and set one up once the World Cup app is up running if there's more than 10 people who want to do it. I'll post again in a few weeks to gauge interest

26 appearances in the Premier League, 34 appearances in all competitions including most of the games against the bigger, better sides. He has played more then what people think.

He probably is not as recognised because he doesn't contribute as much as he used to ... Although at his age he is not expected to play every game

Hart
Smalling - Cahill - Jagielka - Baines
Gerrard - Henderson
Sterling - Rooney - Milner
Sturridge

That would be my team to play Italy. Milner is the surprise choice, but I think his defensive capabilities will be useful against Italy's marauding fullbacks. The above team would be perfect to play on-the-counter.

Hart
Gerrard - Henderson
Sturridge

That would be my team to play Italy. Milner is the surprise choice, but I think his defensive capabilities will be useful against Italy's marauding fullbacks. The above team would be perfect to play on-the-counter.

Not Smalling, anyone but Smalling...

Hart
Gerrard - Henderson
Sturridge

I could get behind that, but with Johnson over Smalling. I don't really rate Glenj but Smalling at RB seems even worse. Also maybe Ox in for Milner. He is not as disciplined as Milner but he's certainly not lazy either as he showed in the Arsenal v Bayern game, where he was immense in a team that had its backs to the wall for long spells, and he's a bigger threat than Milner.

Ox, Sterling and Sturridge is a pretty fearsome counter-attacking force.

Two things have been tearing away at me since the England squad was announced:

a) How did Tom Cleverley make the squad ahead of Gareth Barry?

b) Does Jermain Defoe deserve to be on England's standby list?

He probably is not as recognised because he doesn't contribute as much as he used to ... Although at his age he is not expected to play every game

He will barely play but if England are close to a penalty shooutout or Roy changes to a 4-3-3 late in a game and in need of goal i'd still back him.

As if England will ever win penalty shootout. Even if you had 5 Lampard clones, one would probably hit the post, second one would hit the crossbar, 3rd would slip, 4th would do the Ramos and 5th would have heart attack right as he is taking the pen.

This is just Universe punishing you for Elton John's tupee.

Should've named Carroll, Lambert, Crouch, and Carlton ******* Cole as the strikers. 6-0-4. Get the defenders to lump it up for 90 minutes. That's the only way we'll get a ******* result out of any of our games.

May as well use this tactic considering Woy doesn't really do tactics.

Back