England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
I see ol' Sepp admitting-finally-that giving the World Cup to Qatar was mistake, and that it's probably not going to be held in the summer.

Better late than never eh?

Sigh

I see ol' Sepp admitting-finally-that giving the World Cup to Qatar was mistake, and that it's probably not going to be held in the summer.

Sigh

Well, to be fair to him, who could possibly have predicted that holding one of the world's biggest sporting events in a backwards country with ridiculous temperatures could have had so many problems. It's not like anyone saw this coming...

:/

Sigh

That didn't have anything to do with Blatter though, not really. Blatter's always been against it and every time he's ever mentioned Qatar it's been to trash it. Qatar was basically a massive power play by Platini.

England u17s beat Dutch in the European championships on penalties. Also played some really nice footy and out footballed the Dutch.

Excellent from the young lads, and who would have thought we done this without having a b league.....

Excellent from the young lads, and who would have thought we done this without having a b league.....

Really hope they scrap the idea. Better results can be achieved by just increasing amount of good coaches and enhancing affliate club system.

Really hope they scrap the idea. Better results can be achieved by just increasing amount of good coaches and enhancing affliate club system.
Or by allowing unlimited loans, like they do in Italy (if I recall correctly).

I reckon they only want to do that idea cos they know it will cost more to fix the football from grassroots level.. where the actual problem really lies.

Possibly one of the worst ideas ever mentioned..

I reckon they only want to do that idea cos they know it will cost more to fix the football from grassroots level.. where the actual problem really lies.

Possibly one of the worst ideas ever mentioned..
Yeah, the FA are very lazy. But then again, if they weren't half-arsed, they wouldn't be the FA, would they?

Or by allowing unlimited loans, like they do in Italy (if I recall correctly).

Sounds a better idea. I think all top clubs should be forced to affiliate with a club and that parent club should loan a minimum number of players to that club and both clubs would have to agree on any early return.

According to this guy, Wayne Rooney is the weak link in the England squad. Really Mr. Channon?

'Wayne Rooney is the weak link. He must deliver', says Mick Channon | Mail Online

Way to go to increase the pressure on the guy. What absolute......bollocks to be frank.

You absolute mug

He never performs for England though, I don't think any players deserves a right of passage to play and it seems more than any player he does get that.

If he doesn't perform in the opening match in Brazil, but more importantly starts wandering around to try and get the ball losing our point of attack, he should be dropped for the sake of the team.

I'm obviously United fan but even I think Rooney damages the team formula sometimes and I really want to see how players like Lallana and Sturridge can do this World Cup.

That article is over the top by the way, but Rooney if he doesn't perform shouldn't start... simple. I think we'll get a good idea in these friendlies before the WC.

He never performs for England though, I don't think any players deserves a right of passage to play and it seems more than any player he does get that.

If he doesn't perform in the opening match in Brazil, but more importantly starts wandering around to try and get the ball losing our point of attack, he should be dropped for the sake of the team.

I'm obviously United fan but even I think Rooney damages the team formula sometimes and I really want to see how players like Lallana and Sturridge can do this World Cup.

That article is over the top by the way, but Rooney if he doesn't perform shouldn't start... simple. I think we'll get a good idea in these friendlies before the WC.

What about the rest of the squad? Rooney is not the weak link here. How is he supposed to perform to his best when the rest are average?

Rooney automatically gets picked because of who he plays for, he hasn't played for a few games and still gets picked and even when he's not performing well at all, he still gets picked, he should get dropped and give someone on form and playing well a chance, it's unfair

Back