England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Lol. Rooney is one of the best players for this team. How is he the weak link I don't get.

What about the rest of the squad? Rooney is not the weak link here. How is he supposed to perform to his best when the rest are average?

Think you're being harsh calling them average... most of them have been great this season. Lallana, Sturridge, Barkley, Sterling, Gerrard etc. All done very well and helped their teams to have great seasons. To call them just 'average' is just like denying it's Rooney's fault that he doesn't perform for England.

This is the most excited I've been over an England squad, young players who have played very well this season and are certainly not average.

Think you're being harsh calling them average... most of them have been great this season. Lallana, Sturridge, Barkley, Sterling, Gerrard etc. All done very well and helped their teams to have great seasons. To call them just 'average' is just like denying it's Rooney's fault that he doesn't perform for England.

This is the most excited I've been over an England squad, young players who have played very well this season and are certainly not average.

Was referring to past performances-should've clarified that

Rooney automatically gets picked because of who he plays for, he hasn't played for a few games and still gets picked and even when he's not performing well at all, he still gets picked, he should get dropped and give someone on form and playing well a chance, it's unfair

Rooney get's picked as he's the best England attacker. Has the ability to create something from nothing. You take him out and you take away our biggest threat. Nothing to do with who he plays for.

Was referring to past performances-should've clarified that

I don't understand where Rooney would fit in... we can't use 4-4-2 cos it is out-dated and we will be destroyed if we do. So you logically have to use a 4-3-3 which doesn't suit the players we have at all or a 4-2-3-1 which does. Or maybe more of a 4-4-1-1.

But Sturridge should be no.1 as striker and Rooney as a no.10/ CF kind of behind him. That's where I think he should be played. DO NOT PUT ROONEY UP TOP ON HIS OWN.. RECIPE FOR DISASTER.

I don't understand where Rooney would fit in... we can't use 4-4-2 cos it is out-dated and we will be destroyed if we do. So you logically have to use a 4-3-3 which doesn't suit the players we have at all or a 4-2-3-1 which does. Or maybe more of a 4-4-1-1.

But Sturridge should be no.1 as striker and Rooney as a no.10/ CF kind of behind him. That's where I think he should be played. DO NOT PUT ROONEY UP TOP ON HIS OWN.. RECIPE FOR DISASTER.

Shall be watching the friendlies with interest. Normally I rarely get excited for a friendly-but these should be intruiging

Shall be watching the friendlies with interest. Normally I rarely get excited for a friendly-but these should be intruiging

Same, hopefully he does learn something from this season and changes style to suit our players.

Whilst I wouldn't go as far as to say he's the weak link I do feel Rooney up top alone would do more bad than good and he hasn't been performing overly brilliant at international level.

Please don't be so negative, it's just frustrating to see...

This group I would class as tricky but certainly could of been worse. Definitely think the first game is crucial.
This is hypocritical considering that you were the most negative person on the United thread during Moyes's reign. Anyway, I'm not being negative, just realistic - if we draw against the likes of Algeria, then I doubt we can beat Uruguay or Italy.

This is hypocritical considering that you were the most negative person on the United thread during Moyes's reign. Anyway, I'm not being negative, just realistic - if we draw against the likes of Algeria, then I doubt we can beat Uruguay or Italy.

How can you compare the two different situations though? England haven't even played a single game in the WC and you already negative.

Moyes was losing week in week out... making me negative.

How can you compare the two different situations though? England haven't even played a single game in the WC and you already negative.

Moyes was losing week in week out... making me negative.
England have been poor in at least the last 10 tournaments and haven't exactly been inspired in qualification.

What a goal Studgey <3 Such a dull game other than that though

What do you expect in a friendly before the WC? Players to play in top gear and risk getting injured for a game of no significance?

Good goal.

Nice to see Johnson is continuing his wank form...

Back