England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Thats an absolutely ridiculous decision by the referee, bottling under pressure and had no idea what to do

It has no bearing on the World Cup but embarrassing officiating.

We've been good going forward. But some of the defending has been absolutely horrendous. Smalling had a very poor game

Completely different back 5 to one that will feature so no need to panic just yet

Thats an absolutely ridiculous decision by the referee, bottling under pressure and had no idea what to do

Done his prospects a world of good if he wants to ref in the Prem

Completely different back 5 to one that will feature so no need to panic just yet

Think it's one of those off nights for players like Smalling. Just glad it was a friendly.

Tbh when it comes to England I never panic. And I never get excited. I suspect it's down to the required medication we need every tournament

Think it's one of those off nights for players like Smalling. Just glad it was a friendly.

Tbh when it comes to England I never panic. And I never get excited. I suspect it's down to the required medication we need every tournament

I am slightly more optimistic than normal with the players we have, and slightly less knowing it is likely Hodgson wont risk playing most of them!

I am slightly more optimistic than normal with the players we have, and slightly less knowing it is likely Hodgson wont risk playing most of them!

Aye true lol. Definately looking forward to seeing how the youngsters do.

We've been good going forward. But some of the defending has been absolutely horrendous. Smalling had a very poor game
It's called 'Liverpool Syndrome'.

Agreed. The likes of Shaw, Hendo, Barkley, Lallana, Sterling and Lambert are all good players, who I'd love to see given a chance on the big stage. I can only really see Hendo, Lallana and perhaps Sterling being given big minutes though, which would be a massive shame.

After tonight, against Italy I would probably go with:

Hart

Johnson - Cahill - Jagielka - Baines

Gerrard - Wilshere/Henderson

Sterling - Rooney - Ox/Lallana

Sturridge

Italy drew 1-1 with Luxembourg. The result doesn't look so bad now!

Not embarrassing at all. It was reckless challenge and deserved red card and Valencia deserved it too for his reaction.

BpUHVEKCUAAiOfe.jpg

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/videos_trel...73005979090944_2.0.3.11768106240071224880.mp4

Hope Ox injury is not too bad.

Im still torn between Rooney and Barkley but apart from that would go for LFCMarshall's line up vs Italy. Wilshere over Henderson.

Not embarrassing at all. It was reckless challenge and deserved red card and Valencia deserved it too for his reaction.

BpUHVEKCUAAiOfe.jpg

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/videos_trel...73005979090944_2.0.3.11768106240071224880.mp4
I don't see how that is a red card. It's slightly reckless and slightly dangerous, but it's not studs-up or a two-footed lunge. It should've been a yellow card for both players, in my opinion. You wouldn't see that double-sending-off happen in the World Cup knockout stage so I don't see why it should happen in a friendly.

Not a red card, the reaction made the whole thing a incident.. Pathetic from Valencia

Yeah week from world cup when someone makes cowardly tackle players shouldn't react.

It was awful and reckless challenge, sterling had no control whatsoever and it's clear red.

I don't see how that is a red card. It's slightly reckless and slightly dangerous, but it's not studs-up or a two-footed lunge. It should've been a yellow card for both players, in my opinion. You wouldn't see that double-sending-off happen in the World Cup knockout stage so I don't see why it should happen in a friendly.

Picture clearly shows how high up his studs are and the gif shows how reckless it was.

Valencia was just.....overreaction or what? Deserved red-would've been off straight away in the Prem aswell. Sterling's challenge was not a red imo-clumsy perhaps. Ref got it wrong

View attachment 374841

Last edited:
Back