England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Yeah week from world cup when someone makes cowardly tackle players shouldn't react.

It was awful and reckless challenge, sterling had no control whatsoever and it's clear red.

Cowardly tackle, ****** **** no wonder we have ref's producing a red card for that with soft people like you about

Valencia was just.....overreaction or what? Deserved red-would've been off straight away in the Prem aswell. Sterling's challenge was not a red im-clumsy perhaps. Ref got it wrong

Sterling challenge was red. Valenica did well to jump otherwise his leg would have been broken into 2.

Also re reaction, anyone would be ****** off when someone jumps in like that with just a week for world cup, had sterling caught Valencia or Valencia didn't jump then it would be curtains for Valencia's world cup chances.

Tbh I've seen far worse challenges take place and the ref doing sweet fa about it.

And you don't grab a player around the throat. It's unprofessinalism at the highest. Deserved red.

Last edited:
Cowardly tackle, ****** **** no wonder we have ref's producing a red card for that with soft people like you about

https://vine.co/v/Mp3DEbmD6PW

Good video of the incident, shows the challenge a lot better than a still image.

I posed that gif long back, it's clear that Sterling has no control whatsoever and Valencia jumped which saved him from leg break.

Of yeah, ref's are producing red cards to save players from cowardly tackles like we saw one today.

Picture clearly shows how high up his studs are and the gif shows how reckless it was.
Sorry, ignore what I said about studs-up, I meant it wasn't two-footed.

Sterling challenge was red. Valenica did well to jump otherwise his leg would have been broken into 2.

Also re reaction, anyone would be ****** off when someone jumps in like that with just a week for world cup, had sterling caught Valencia or Valencia didn't jump then it would be curtains for Valencia's world cup chances.
Broken leg? I don't think so. Obviously, how bad the challenge is a subjective matter, but most people seem to be disagree with you at the moment. It was a bad challenge, no doubt, but I honestly don't think that's a leg-breaker by any stretch of the imagination.

Tbh I've seen far worse challenges take place and the ref doing sweet fa about it.

And you don't grab a player around the throat. It's unprofessinalism at the highest. Deserved red.

I have seen players getting sent off for even lesser challenges. That doesn't excuse the tackle or attempt.

No one is defending Valencia though. It was clear red card for Valencia for his reaction, likewise clear red for the challenge.

Yes it was a red, yes Valencia also deserved to be off, no it wasn't a 'cowardly' tackle (what does that even mean), no there was no malice in it.

No point dwelling on the incident. I'm far more interested in how Ox is doing.

I posed that gif long back, it's clear that Sterling has no control whatsoever and Valencia jumped which saved him from leg break.

Of yeah, ref's are producing red cards to save players from cowardly tackles like we saw one today.

I agree, completely cowardly from Sterling, i mean who would make a challenge in football?

Sorry, ignore what I said about studs-up, I meant it wasn't two-footed.

2 footed is something that has creeped into the game. Challenge with excessive force is deemed dangerous and red.

Broken leg? I don't think so. Obviously, how bad the challenge is a subjective matter, but most people seem to be disagree with you at the moment. It was a bad challenge, no doubt, but I honestly don't think that's a leg-breaker by any stretch of the imagination.

I disagree. Apart from few Liverpool fans I don't see anyone defending the challenge.

Yes it was a red, yes Valencia also deserved to be off, no it wasn't a 'cowardly' tackle (what does that even mean), no there was no malice in it.

After looking at the pics of the Ox I'm worried

I agree, completely cowardly from Sterling, i mean who would make a challenge in football?

?

That's a ridiculous post. No one said Sterling is a thug or a dirty player, just that challenge was deserved red.

No it was not fair challenge, if that's the phrase you are looking for.. phew..

2 footed is something that has creeped into the game. Challenge with excessive force is deemed dangerous and red.

I disagree. Apart from few Liverpool fans I don't see anyone defending the challenge.
Oh, I'm not saying the challenge isn't bad, just that it's not bad enough to be a red card. LFCMarshall, ajt09 and many others (look on the previous page) have all expressed their shock at the sending-off, although I'm not sure if the people who posted on the previous page are LFC fans or not.

I agree. I said earlier every time Wilshere went down my heart stopped, and it turned out I was worrying about the wrong player. I hope Ox recovers.

Hopefully the Ox will be okay, played very well tonight and must be in contention for a big role at the World Cup if fit!

Oh, I'm not saying the challenge isn't bad, just that it's not bad enough to be a red card. LFCMarshall, ajt09 and many others (look on the previous page) have all expressed their shock at the sending-off, although I'm not sure if the people who posted on the previous page are LFC fans or not.

IIRC 2 Liverpool fans and 1 Everton fan. 1 Liverpool fan even blamed Valencia fro his reaction after the challenge that would have ended his world cup.

I'm not talking about just this forum.

Hodgson saying about Ox "fears he may have ligament damage" :(

Hodgson saying about Ox "fears he may have ligament damage" :(

Huge blow for England IMO. He was very good with some of his runs today. Would have added something very different from wide positions for England.

Huge blow for England IMO. He was very good with some of his runs today. Would have added something very different from wide positions for England.

Yeah his runs were excellent. If it's a tweak that could rule him out 2-3 weeks. Hoping for a positive scan-but looking at the pics I'm not holding my breath. This is going to be awkward for England-they'll have to make a call soon due to how close we are to the big kickoff.

Also-Sterling will be banned for next friendly but not the World Cup (from FA)

Back