England Thread

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 372K
Don't agree with Downing at all, also maybe Carrick should have gone but to replace whom? I can see a good old fashioned 4-4-2 being deployed.

Downing, Gerrard, Barry, Lampard, Milner. Replace on with Carrick, irrelevant who.

Although this side may not fill many (if any) with confidence lets just see what Roy has in mind before we judge him. Some of these players must know they are lucky to be in the squad so maybe it will motivate them.

Or it just tells them they can carry on being **** poor and they'll get selected regardless.

Don't agree with Downing at all, also maybe Carrick should have gone but to replace whom? I can see a good old fashioned 4-4-2 being deployed.

Sturridge didn't deserve to go, his form dropped massively, i do feel for Richards, Carrick and A Johnson though. I would have took Richards as first choice right back instead of Johnson, Carrick instead of Barry and A Johnson instead of Downing.

Although this side may not fill many (if any) with confidence lets just see what Roy has in mind before we judge him. Some of these players must know they are lucky to be in the squad so maybe it will motivate them.

Carrick to replace anyone. Best english passer bar Scholes. And defensively still pretty solid, more so if put alongside someone like Parker. Tactically superior to anyone in the side. Finds wingers at will, retains the ball with ease.

Downing, Gerrard, Barry, Lampard, Milner. Replace on with Carrick, irrelevant who.

Or it just tells them they can carry on being **** poor and they'll get selected regardless.

Can go either way obviously, maybe he has a plan which might actully work. Who knows.

Best defender by opinion, like i said it all depends how he wants to play. Play a deep line and Cahill and Terry are sensational and not beaten often. Playmaker is key but maybe he is looking to play Gerrard deeper to try start attacks?
We played a deep line before, with Jags and Lescott vs Spain. They were supreme. Its still a better partnership than Terry Cahill, has the same strengths and NONE of their flaws.

Carrick to replace anyone. Best english passer bar Scholes. And defensively still pretty solid, more so if put alongside someone like Parker. Tactically superior to anyone in the side. Finds wingers at will, retains the ball with ease.

I agree he should be in the squad but lets see how he wants to play first before we start judging him.

And Jags, and the latter 3 are pretty ******* big losses. We just left behind the only playmaker we have, and currently our best defender, and right back.

Who is our best defender? Jags or Rio. I'd argue Lescott is our best defender, still think Terry is ****** good as well. I suppose Carrick is quite a big loss but the others, not too bothered.

We played a deep line before, with Jags and Lescott vs Spain. They were supreme. Its still a better partnership than Terry Cahill, has the same strengths and NONE of their flaws.

Like i showed, Cahill is better at winning aerial duels than all 3. Play deep and Cahill and Terrys flaws (pace) arn't exposed.

Would love to hear hodgsons thinking of squad selection, does anyone know if will be press conference? should be funny!

Who is our best defender? Jags or Rio. I'd argue Lescott is our best defender, still think Terry is ****** good as well. I suppose Carrick is quite a big loss but the others, not too bothered.

Jags is our best defender, Lescott plays best with Jags, its his ability to cover that gets the best from him. That is our best partnership. Came to a head vs Spain.

Last edited:
Like i showed, Cahill is better at winning aerial duels than all 3. Play deep and Cahill and Terrys flaws (pace) arn't exposed.

Again you say this, it now means you can only play deep, and even then Jags and Lescott do it just as well, but actually offer more. You keep using one stat, when there is so much more to it

Lescott plays best with Jags. That is our best partnership. Came to a head vs Spain.

Like i keep saying this is your opinion not genuinly the truth. Terry and Cahill have played around 10-15 games together without defeat, you can't pass that up. Like i have said for a while, if Cole, Cahill and Terry are 3 of your back 5 then you have a connection already there for you. It's something less the coaches have to worry about etc.

Collymore saying Carrick has been just 'ok'. Carrick has outperformed Barry in a midfield that has the combined tackling ability of a trout, Barry has been playing next to the goliath that is Yaya Toure all season.

Again you say this, it now means you can only play deep, and even then Jags and Lescott do it just as well, but actually offer more. You keep using one stat, when there is so much more to it

Course there is so much more to it but the stats i provided are important. But the most important stat for me is connections between players. If players know how to play with certain players and know each others strengths etc then they will bounce off each other, just like Cole, Cahill and Terry do. Also im not being biased here because i would prefer if no Chelsea players were called up because they just get treated like ***** and its not merrited.

I sure a lot of partnerships would of looked good vs Spain, we spent the entire game defending.

Except you actually have to get things right every time for 90 minutes, which they did, under immense pressure, didnt just hack it away, played with immense composure.

Except you actually have to get things right every time for 90 minutes, which they did, under immense pressure, didnt just hack it away, played with immense composure.

And Terry and Cahill stopped Barca for 90 minutes (who i believe are better than Spain because they have Messi, Spain don't).