England Thread

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 372K
Exactly.

Gerrard should be used as a direct replacement for Rooney in the opening 2 games (play a 4231) then should be used as a impact sub for the rest of the tournament.

Exactly how i would deploy him. Give him a solid base, and as an AMC he is a wrecking ball.

So, anyone think England can win tournament? I am not trying to be an *** or something, i am Portuguese as some of you know, and i think we have 0 chance aswell so.. XD

I think Hart could've been better choice as long term captain.

So, anyone think England can win tournament? I am not trying to be an *** or something, i am Portuguese as some of you know, and i think we have 0 chance aswell so.. XD

I think it will be achievement to win even one match without Rooney.

There's no way we are going to play with Parker and Gerrard in deep lying central midfield shape a la Gattuso and Pirlo that Ferguson drooled over in the mid naughties.

If that was Woy's plan then Carrick does it better than Gerrard and would surely be in the squad as backup for this important role at the very least?!

can we ask for help with engalnd on football manager 12 on this thread too or should i start my own thread for suggestions ??

Well tbf, as a Liverpool fan the thought of Hodgson in charge and Neville as his underling is my worst freaking nightmare, but this is the starting 11 I'd stick out against France (We need to try and counter them, they'll be technically too good for us and a draw would be a decent result I'd say):

Hart
G. Johnson G.Cahill Lescott A Cole

Walcott Parker Gerrard A Young

Carroll Welbeck

Playing down the wings with pace would be our best chance I reckon. Carroll can hold up the ball for us allowing Welbeck to run on into space. Parker in a destroyer role. It won't be this team as I can't see Terry being left out but for me he has been dodgey recently. Possibly tempted to Let Jones in there instead of Johnson at right back.

The annoying thing is, (assuming Roy wanted to play the way you wanted) you bench Carroll, shift Gerrard AMC, and play Carrick and that teams does exactly what you want, only its far more stable, has even better supply for the front 4, and Gerrard is given the presence to take defenders out of the game for the others. There is no reason not to take Carrick given the way Roy likes to set up anyway

Now we have to play Gerrard not his best position to cover a player who should have been selected anyway.

I think we'll pick up 2 wins and a loss. Should be enough to qualify, deciding for our fate will be the Sweden Ukraine game who will hopefully cancel each other out.

I'd expect results to go:

England vs France: L
England vs Sweden: W
England vs Ukraine: W

France fixtures: WWW

Sweden: L L D

Ukraine: L L D

I think we'll pick up 2 wins and a loss. Should be enough to qualify, deciding for our fate will be the Sweden Ukraine game who will hopefully cancel each other out.

I'd expect results to go:

England vs France: L
England vs Sweden: W
England vs Ukraine: W

France fixtures: WWW

Sweden: L L D

Ukraine: L L D

Pretty optimistic view I think. I think England will end up with either 3 or 4 points.

The annoying thing is, (assuming Roy wanted to play the way you wanted) you bench Carroll, shift Gerrard AMC, and play Carrick and that teams does exactly what you want, only its far more stable, has even better supply for the front 4, and Gerrard is given the presence to take defenders out of the game for the others. There is no reason not to take Carrick given the way Roy likes to set up anyway

Now we have to play Gerrard not his best position to cover a player who should have been selected anyway.

What can I say? I agree Carrick should be there yes. Just giving my opinion on the team that has now been chosen, no looking back. I do think Carroll would do well against the French though (A deep targetman role, not main striker obviously). Kaboul is out and I don't think they have the most dominant centre backs in the air with him injured.

Pretty optimistic view I think. I think England will end up with either 3 or 4 points.

Might look that way... But I think even if we get those results the scores will be dire. Something like France beating us 3-0, and 1-0 victories vs the other two.

I think will loose against france,draw against sweden,win against ukraine but not an easy group tbh!

Barry - Parker
Walcott - Gerrard - Young
Welbeck

Rooeny for Gerrard when he's back.​

Might look that way... But I think even if we get those results the scores will be dire. Something like France beating us 3-0, and 1-0 victories vs the other two.

Yea Hodgson likes to defend. Saw it when he managed Finland.

Michael Carrick:
Assists - 3
Key passes % per game - 0.8
Average passes per game - 79.2
Pass % - 90.7
Tackles per game - 3
Interceptions per game - 3.1
Fouls - 0.8

Gareth Barry:
Assists - 3
Key passes % per game - 0.8
Average passes per game - 69.7
Pass % - 86.6
Tackles per game - 3
Interceptions per game - 2.2
Fouls - 1.9

Steven Gerrard:
Assists - 2
Key passes % per game - 1.6
Average passes per game - 49.7
Pass % - 83.1
Tackles per game - 1.3
Interceptions per game - 0.9
Fouls - 0.4

Frank Lampard:
Assists - 8
Key passes % per game - 1.8
Average passes per game - 41.9
Pass % - 85.6
Tackles per game - 1.8
Interceptions per game - 1.8
Fouls - 0.7

Just some stats for people to look at.

What can I say? I agree Carrick should be there yes. Just giving my opinion on the team that has now been chosen, no looking back. I do think Carroll would do well against the French though (A deep targetman role, not main striker obviously). Kaboul is out and I don't think they have the most dominant centre backs in the air with him injured.

Mexes is a UNIT!