England Thread

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 372K
Interesting squad .. XD

Mine would've been:

Hart, Ruddy, Green, Richards, Jones, Jags, Terry, Cahill, Lescott, Cole, Baines, Parker, Carrick, Barry, Lampard, Gerrard, Oxlade, Walcott, Young, A.Johnson, Rooney, Welbeck, Carroll

Like i keep saying this is your opinion not genuinly the truth. Terry and Cahill have played around 10-15 games together without defeat, you can't pass that up. Like i have said for a while, if Cole, Cahill and Terry are 3 of your back 5 then you have a connection already there for you. It's something less the coaches have to worry about etc.

Lescott and Hart have connection, Lescott and Jags have a connection, whats your point?

Again now your options are limited to playing nothing but a deep line, which means you give up space on the pitch, but now you don't have a deep lying mid to spring the long diagonal for the counter.

Lescott and Hart have connection, Lescott and Jags have a connection, whats your point?

Again now your options are limited to playing nothing but a deep line, which means you give up space on the pitch, but now you don't have a deep lying mid to spring the long diagonal for the counter.

And like i say he may get Gerrard to sit deep, we don't know how he wants to play yet. We are all asuming things but lets just wait and see.

Richards misses out on 'footballing reasons' come on Roy. Jones or Richards? Johnson or Richards, and Richards wins.

Cjacko, 3 of our back 5 could be triplets who share telepathic powers, but it would be irrelevant if the other two were borderline specials.

These guys are supposedly the very best professionals we can offer, they should be able to work out how to play together without the need to be club team mates.

And like i say he may get Gerrard to sit deep, we don't know how he wants to play yet. We are all asuming things but lets just wait and see.

Gerrard has not been a natural CM except for the two years he emerged. He also is not a player for ball rentention, his passing at all ranges doesnt even get close to Carricks. He gets forward too much and leaves the space behind, he isnt one to protect the back 4.

Supprise did noy name vice captain, not that important i know but most prob will be terry:(

Supprise did noy name vice captain, not that important i know but most prob will be terry:(

If its Terry then if i am Capello i would be fuming, it's the whole reason he resigned. Also its Gerrard who will captain the team.

Gerrard has not been a natural CM except for the two years he emerged. He also is not a player for ball rentention, his passing at all ranges doesnt even get close to Carricks. He gets forward too much and leaves the space behind, he isnt one to protect the back 4.

Parker will protect the back 4, like I said lets give him a chance.

Exactly.

Gerrard should be used as a direct replacement for Rooney in the opening 2 games (play a 4231) then should be used as a impact sub for the rest of the tournament.

Still a bit supprised about ferdie has been fit and played every game since new year, but maybe would struggle with so many game in so few days.

Well tbf, as a Liverpool fan the thought of Hodgson in charge and Neville as his underling is my worst freaking nightmare, but this is the starting 11 I'd stick out against France (We need to try and counter them, they'll be technically too good for us and a draw would be a decent result I'd say):

Hart
G. Johnson G.Cahill Lescott A Cole

Walcott Parker Gerrard A Young

Carroll Welbeck

Playing down the wings with pace would be our best chance I reckon. Carroll can hold up the ball for us allowing Welbeck to run on into space. Parker in a destroyer role. It won't be this team as I can't see Terry being left out but for me he has been dodgey recently. Possibly tempted to Let Jones in there instead of Johnson at right back. Virtually a 442 when we're in possession, I'd be looking at it becoming a wide diamond when defending or on the quick counter.

Last edited:
Exactly.

Gerrard should be used as a direct replacement for Rooney in the opening 2 games (play a 4231) then should be used as a impact sub for the rest of the tournament.
Wont be used as sub he is captain!

Parker will protect the back 4, like I said lets give him a chance.

Gerrard still doesn't work there. If he does want to play like you said, the decision to ignore Carrick would be only the more baffling.

And relying on Parker, the injured man, is hardly great selection policy.