• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 372K
Barry - Parker
Walcott - Gerrard - Young
Welbeck

Rooeny for Gerrard when he's back.​

Isn't Gerrard the captain now? He won't be dropped. Plus I'm almost certain Roy will play a 4-4-2, he loves his two strikers. He even did at Liverpool, it was N'gog and Torres, when it was painfully obvious we were better with one up top. It'll be a very basic rigid 4-4-2, with Parker and Gerrard in the centre I think.

Love how #HodgsonOut is trending on Twitter. Fantastic England fans

Michael Carrick:
Assists - 3
Key passes % per game - 0.8
Average passes per game - 79.2
Pass % - 90.7
Tackles per game - 3
Interceptions per game - 3.1
Fouls - 0.8

Gareth Barry:
Assists - 3
Key passes % per game - 0.8
Average passes per game - 69.7
Pass % - 86.6
Tackles per game - 3
Interceptions per game - 2.2
Fouls - 1.9

Steven Gerrard:
Assists - 2
Key passes % per game - 1.6
Average passes per game - 49.7
Pass % - 83.1
Tackles per game - 1.3
Interceptions per game - 0.9
Fouls - 0.4

Frank Lampard:
Assists - 8
Key passes % per game - 1.8
Average passes per game - 41.9
Pass % - 85.6
Tackles per game - 1.8
Interceptions per game - 1.8
Fouls - 0.7

Just some stats for people to look at.

Frank usually plays with at least one of Essien, Mikel or Meireles sitting behind him. He doesn't have any of the defensive load that Carrick carries.

I can see sense in comparing Lampard and Gerrard, but Carrick offers something totally different.

Barry is such a non footballer that we may as well let Roy slip on some boots and sit in the middle of the park. he is irrelevant to this discussion.

Carrick and Lampard is quite a nicely balanced midfield two, albeit lacking a little bite in the tackle, but we will never know as Roy didn't pick a sensible midifled in his squad! *bangs head against wall*

Isn't Gerrard the captain now? He won't be dropped. Plus I'm almost certain Roy will play a 4-4-2, he loves his two strikers. He even did at Liverpool, it was N'gog and Torres, when it was painfully obvious we were better with one up top. It'll be a very basic rigid 4-4-2, with Parker and Gerrard in the centre I think.

He didn't often use 2 forwards in Fulhams Europa League run.

I think we'll pick up 2 wins and a loss. Should be enough to qualify, deciding for our fate will be the Sweden Ukraine game who will hopefully cancel each other out.

I'd expect results to go:

England vs France: L
England vs Sweden: W
England vs Ukraine: W

France fixtures: WWW

Sweden: L L D

Ukraine: L L D

You really think you're going to do that xD? I can see Ibra raping your defense A LA CHED EVANS! ahahah nah jk, but i think your group is very hard to be honest, Ukraine is playing at home, and they have some quality players, and Sweden.. Well, they actually have a GOOD squad in general, i mean.. You can't ignore some like Rasmus Elm, Martin Olsson, Larsson, Kallstrom.. And ofc, the Serie A top goal scorer Zlatan ************* IBRAHIMOVIC!

Think its pretty bad we all seem to be relying on parker to be fit god i hope he is!!!!

You really think you're going to do that xD? I can see Ibra raping your defense A LA CHED EVANS! ahahah nah jk, but i think your group is very hard to be honest, Ukraine is playing at home, and they have some quality players, and Sweden.. Well, they actually have a GOOD squad in general, i mean.. You can't ignore some like Rasmus Elm, Martin Olsson, Larsson, Kallstrom.. And ofc, the Serie A top goal scorer Zlatan ************* IBRAHIMOVIC!

If Zlatan bothers to show up then he will tear England apart. But that's a big if :D

Thats what i would do but then what with gerrard when roo back?

Impact sub. Don't see the point in gimping the rest of the team just because his name's Steven Gerrard.

Probably, but it's just what I would want to see. Can see us returning to Gerrard-Lampard in a 4-4-2 for some reason, nightmares.

Also.. Isn't Gary Hooper english? I know he plays in the SPL bla bla bla.. But i'd take him over Carroll..

Impact sub. Don't see the point in gimping the rest of the team just because his name's Steven Gerrard.

Probably, but it's just what I would want to see. Can see us returning to Gerrard-Lampard in a 4-4-2 for some reason, nightmares.
I would not even have gerrard in starting 11 and i would have named hart as captain, then would play gerrard behind welbeck till roo is back then stick him on the bench.

If Zlatan bothers to show up then he will tear England apart. But that's a big if :D

My thoughts exactly. He is a player who loves to bully, yet always seems to be the one getting intimidated whenever I've seen him play and English team in champs league footy. Against any other side he is always world class.

My thoughts exactly. He is a player who loves to bully, yet always seems to be the one getting intimidated whenever I've seen him play and English team in champs league footy. Against any other side he is always world class.

Think its only Arsenal who i've even seen him turn up against in the CL. Didn't the Swedish coach once say that Sweden were a better side when he wasn't playing?

He needs supply. If he doesnt get it he starts to sulk and then he cant be bothered. Sweden have players to keep him happy :)

My only problems really are Carrick and Richards not in the squad when players like G.Johnson and Lampard are.

Edit: Oh and why the **** is Terry in the squad when players like Jagielka and Rio are not.

Last edited:
The squad is very good to be honest , but the only change I would have made would have been Adam Johnson over Downing but I suppose you have to take in consideration the Downing - Caroll Liverpool link up. Other than that maybe Richards over Johnson but Mancini , Cappello and Hodgson must have seen something they all didn't like. And if Wilshere was fit I could have seen him over Milner. Would have liked to have seen Matt Jarvis on standby as well ...

Hodgson saying he picked most of squad to be loyal for them getting us to euros just does'nt do it for me.Also saying he picked terry coz played well last few games not the ones i watched!

Last edited: