England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Any of you guys coming over to Dublin for the match on Sunday.
I'm bringing the nephew.
They are trying to convince all the pubs to stay closed until one hour after the match finishes.

I was at the match in 95 and remember it well.

No. Don't do England. Never have, never will.

Just adding to say I love Dublin, and The Ferryman down by the Samuel Beckett Bridge is one of my favourite pubs/ places to stay anywhere! The night guys will literally stay up and drink with you until the last customer has gone to bed. Or right through if you have the stamina lol.

Brilliant City. Brilliant people.

No. Don't do England. Never have, never will.

Just adding to say I love Dublin, and The Ferryman down by the Samuel Beckett Bridge is one of my favourite pubs/ places to stay anywhere! The night guys will literally stay up and drink with you until the last customer has gone to bed. Or right through if you have the stamina lol.

Brilliant City. Brilliant people.

I've never understood people that love to follow football but aren't passionate about their International team, it doesn't make sense to me. It seems to be an English thing too, I'm so envious of countries where the national team takes priority, like Brazil and Germany, or even the smaller countries like Northern Ireland and the Republic where the support is just phenomenal.

I understand that International football doesn't always have the excitement of the Premier League's end-to-end counter attacks and non-stop dynamism, but there's a romance and history to it that I find so alluring.

I understand that International football doesn't always have the excitement of the Premier League's end-to-end counter attacks and non-stop dynamism, but there's a romance and history to it that I find so alluring.

I try to go to all of Ireland's home matches (even though it's a rip off).
Even though we are *****, I still love watching them.

Born and bred in Dublin, lived here for 42 years and that's a very nice thing to say.
Thank you.

Don't mention it man. YW and thank you and your fellow citizens. Always had nothing but the utmost respect and friendliness whenever I've had the pleasure of visiting.

If you can't enjoy yourself in Dublin then you can't enjoy yourself anywhere.

I've never understood people that love to follow football but aren't passionate about their International team, it doesn't make sense to me. It seems to be an English thing too, I'm so envious of countries where the national team takes priority, like Brazil and Germany, or even the smaller countries like Northern Ireland and the Republic where the support is just phenomenal.

Well, speaking personally, it's a Liverpool thing.

We've always considered ourselves different. Scouse, not English. You reprobates just happen to be attached to the Independent Peoples Republic. :P.

After being looked down upon as a City for years by the rest of the Country, not least the Establishment, and suffering abuse up and down the Nation towards ourselves at various football grounds down to that; it always amuses me when everyones expected to come together as one and back the National team. Don't get me wrong, some do here which is fine and their choice. And I don't wish England any ill will. Just have no interest at all. You then throw in all the England games being played at Wembley since forever, and the National team in that respect being geared towards Southerners; and things that stick in the memory like the scandalous abuse Johnny Barnes used to get when he was left isolated out on the wing at the mercy of the neanderthals in the Wembley stands and it just cemented it.

International breaks are just a tedious interlude for me before the real stuff returns.

Last edited:
Don't mention it man. YW and thank you and your fellow citizens. Always had nothing but the utmost respect and friendliness whenever I've had the pleasure of visiting.

If you can't enjoy yourself in Dublin then you can't enjoy yourself anywhere.

Well, speaking personally, it's a Liverpool thing.

We've always considered ourselves different. Scouse, not English. You reprobates just happen to be attached to the Independent Peoples Republic. :P.

After being looked down upon as a City for years by the rest of the Country, not least the Establishment, and suffering abuse up and down the Nation towards ourselves at various football grounds down to that; it always amuses me when everyones expected to come together as one and back the National team. Don't get me wrong, some do here which is fine and their choice. And I don't wish England any ill will. Just have no interest at all. You then throw in all the England games being played at Wembley since forever, and the National team in that respect being geared towards Southerners; and things that stick in the memory like the scandalous abuse Johnny Barnes used to get when he was left isolated out on the wing at the mercy of the neanderthals in the Wembley stands and it just cemented it.

International breaks are just a tedious break for me before the real stuff returns.

I had noticed it was predominantly a Liverpool thing but not exclusively. Each to their own, I guess.

Maybe he's been taking lessons from BR? (H).
Id take off Milner for Delph and push Wilshere further forward. Take of Lallana and bring on Walcott or Townsend, put either one at RW and move Sterling to LW. Take off Cahill for Clyne, put Jones CB and Clyne RB. Better balance more pace, players playing were there suppose to! :)

This England side is just full of *****, sigh rooney as england's and our (united) main number 9.

I don't understand why we don't have any decent wingers or strikers.
Sterling,Walcott,Townsend,Chaimberlin we have good wingers Hodgson chooses to play Lallana and Milner instead. As for STR our best is playing poor atm and then next best are away with the U21s.

Sterling,Walcott,Townsend,Chaimberlin we have good wingers Hodgson chooses to play Lallana and Milner instead. As for STR our best is playing poor atm and then next best are away with the U21s.

I'd play walcott up top tbf, townsend meh, chamberlain for me when he actually gets games is better centrally and sterling needs a kick up the ****, he has been wank for a while now.

Pretty sure you'd find better wingers for other nations in which none rely heavily on pace tbh.

I'd play walcott up top tbf, townsend meh, chamberlain for me when he actually gets games is better centrally and sterling needs a kick up the ****, he has been wank for a while now.

Pretty sure you'd find better wingers for other nations in which none rely heavily on pace tbh.
Walcott on the wing for me. I like Townsend very direct and makes things happen. Yeah Chaimberlain can play both well, cant see him getting in CM though. Your right about Sterling! Pool should let him go so both sides can just move on.

Flat. One dimensional. Devoid of anything. Sterling didn't look bothered at all. And he wants £150k or however much he wants? Do me a favor. Rooney was poor. Barkley had an off game. We were just woeful.

Worst set of players and squad in my lifetime, no hope next summer imo.

Or maybe and most likely Woy is the problem.

Flat. One dimensional. Devoid of anything. Sterling didn't look bothered at all. And he wants £150k or however much he wants? Do me a favor. Rooney was poor. Barkley had an off game. We were just woeful.
Proper end of season *****!

Back