England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
ZZ it was a decent performance, but not one to get carried away with. For all the positive stuff there was no cutting edge and given how easily fullbacks and widemen was beating their men just through sheer pace we should have brought Vardy or Sturridge on to exploit that further. I mean it was a good performance don't get me wrong but it ahould have been put to bed and us been 2 or 3 up. The problem for me was Kane was too undisciplined, last night he need to be a Luca Toni and just stay within the width of the 18 yard box but he kept going out wide. There was a few Sterling crosses were if he had kept his discipline he would have been on the end of them.

Positives for me were

Full backs was good

Dier and Alli both played brilliant

Liking the look of Rooney in this role would just like to see him that little bit further forward but that will come in time when he has played it more.

I think in this match you have to criticise Roy he waited to long to change things. It was a good performance aomething to build on and if this is the way we are going to play on the front foot, having a go and playing the youngsters I don't care if we go out in the groups because I've called on us to play this way for so long.

This place goes down more often than Sasha Gray.

I thought the English fans had come in and smashed the place up, because they couldn't get curry sauce on their chips.

I thought the English fans had come in and smashed the place up, because they couldn't get curry sauce on their chips.

Either that or zz's all in positivity for one of his teams for once has caused a complete system meltdown.

Either that or zz's all in positivity for one of his teams for once has caused a complete system meltdown.

Yeah I love the irony of ZZ right now saying we are all doom and gloom considering he has been near suicidal for the last 3 seasons and doing some crazy shitposting boot

Got my G/F to watch the match last night and she hates Rooney.
She was very complimentary about him during the match and to quote her twice... "Why is He taking Rooney off???" and "Who did Rooney give the captain's armband to?? Nobody seems to be leading them out there".

We were both cheering for England here in Dublin.

Got my G/F to watch the match last night and she hates Rooney.
She was very complimentary about him during the match and to quote her twice... "Why is He taking Rooney off???" and "Who did Rooney give the captain's armband to?? Nobody seems to be leading them out there".

We were both cheering for England here in Dublin.

You need to dump her mate.

Yeah I love the irony of ZZ right now saying we are all doom and gloom considering he has been near suicidal for the last 3 seasons and doing some crazy shitposting boot

Well yes and no, lets be realistic here club wise it has been dire for me and I've had a fair few groans.

But I'm still a passionate countryman and always will be. For me we played well last night, it killed me when we conceded the late equaliser as it really wasn't deserved for Russia.

I really want England to carry that on in to the final two games of the group, if we do then we can get out of this group.

The finishing is another issue, for me Hodgson totally cocked up the substitutions, it arugably cost us the game.

Kane had a bad night, but I still like him a lot and think he is suffering with fatigue. He is usually running everywhere, wasn't himself last night. We needed Vardy or Sturridge on, even Rashford to replace Sterling. Talking of Sterling he was f'in useless.

Next game we need same line up minus Kane and Sterling for Vardy and Sturridge/Rashford.

One last thing, Rooney was excellent last night, he gave us something in midfield we have lacked for years, captains performance.

Tell me about it, I'm getting crucified right now on polish speaking forums for saying our win was nothing special.

I mean, 3 points is nice, but I wouldn't pop a champagne because we dominated a team that had League One players in the starting lineup...

People always let euphoria of half a good game get to their heads, and then when it all goes to **** there's gigantic butthurt.

Tell me about it, I'm getting crucified right now on polish speaking forums for saying our win was nothing special.

I mean, 3 points is nice, but I wouldn't pop a champagne because we dominated a team that had League One players in the starting lineup...

People always let euphoria of half a good game get to their heads, and then when it all goes to **** there's gigantic butthurt.

What? I'm not saying we're going to win the Euros or anything like that so where is my euphoria getting to my head?

I've said it was a good performance, best England have played for a long time at a major tournament and we deserved the win against Russia that's all. Taking it as a positive and saying if we play like that we can get OUT OF THE GROUP. See my last post.

This is why people can be annoying on FM Base, they twist your words and suddenly put 2 + 2 = I think England are winning the Euros. When I clearly haven't said such a thing if you actually read and don't assume.

Well yes and no, lets be realistic here club wise it has been dire for me and I've had a fair few groans.

But I'm still a passionate countryman and always will be. For me we played well last night, it killed me when we conceded the late equaliser as it really wasn't deserved for Russia.

I really want England to carry that on in to the final two games of the group, if we do then we can get out of this group.

The finishing is another issue, for me Hodgson totally cocked up the substitutions, it arugably cost us the game.

Kane had a bad night, but I still like him a lot and think he is suffering with fatigue. He is usually running everywhere, wasn't himself last night. We needed Vardy or Sturridge on, even Rashford to replace Sterling. Talking of Sterling he was f'in useless.

Next game we need same line up minus Kane and Sterling for Vardy and Sturridge/Rashford.

One last thing, Rooney was excellent last night, he gave us something in midfield we have lacked for years, captains performance.

I agree on all points, Hodgson really should have changed it up earlier on, I think 2 out of 3 should have come on out of the names you mentioned. The pace would have scared the Russian back 4 to death as they was having a nightmare with Sterling, I just think that Kane was rather undisciplined but I suppose for spurs he can be because they either give him a partner in the Korean fella (Son?) or they have inside forwards cutting in from all angles so it is not as noticeable.

We need to carry it on and honestly if we continue to play on the front foot and play this young team I am a happy man, it was just so disappointing to throw it away in the last minutes.

I was impressed with Rooney last night too, I like him in this role, I along with a few others on here have called for it for a long time. Wales will be a totally different prospect though, will need to keep Bale quiet but luckily Rose is a beast physically so he wont get outmuscled.

I have let the Euphoria get too me far too much in my younger years and been let down too many times that now its just better to start pessimistic and get more optimistic as the tournament goes on.

Im somebody who gets annoyed by England the national team for a number of reasons but:

1. This time England have a pretty decent exciting squad.
2. But the English media needs to calm down. An impossible hope, I know but they are always overconfident overrating everything wallowing in hype and this causes England players to palpably be close to meltdowns themselves (one of the many reasons that I am so annoyed by the England national team to the point that I always wish them to do badly so that I can then witness the media etc meltdowns which are pure comedy).
3. There are certain obsessions/complexes which cloud peoples' minds which lead players who are obviously not on form to become undroppable etc. KANE is a great player but he played something like 765 matches last season the guy is obviously burning out. What was Hodgson thinking keeping him on the pitch?!
4. Raheem Stirling is NOT a great player and was obviously ****.
5. No team which wants to be considered a serious proposition leads 1-0 against a team of limited individuals most of whom are slower than a really slow thing and then sits back in the last 5 minutes instead of pressing ...
6. Why the **** did Hodgson take the combative Rooney out for Wilshere who was then the only player pushing forward?!

You bring 23 players it means you are ready to utilise all of them according to circumstances!!!

If we get knocked out in the group stages, we simply cannot pay for Hodgson's flight home

Back