England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
We've been through this before it was a **** up from both sides. LFC specifically Bodgers should never have said anything to the media, Sterling's agent was also a ****. His gone now and im sure he will do well under Pep.

Agree completely

Worse case scenario England finish third, yers all should be rooting for an Albanian and French victory tonight.

Be funny if we ended up getting Northern Ireland, personally teams I defo would want to avoid next round is Spain and Germany.

As long as we don't lose to Slovakia we should hopefully get a favourable opponent, Wales have a hard game against Russia so that's not a foregone conclusion, both could still qualify.

I don't understand why Roy is practically changing the whole team when this game is still important, lose and we might be knocked out, does he realise this?

I understand the odd change like bringing in Sturridge/Vardy but changing the whole midfield/forwards (apart from Dier/Lallana) and both fullbacks is madness.

I don't understand why Roy is practically changing the whole team when this game is still important, lose and we might be knocked out, does he realise this?

He's doing the right thing, tbh. The odds of going out with 4 points are astronomically low, since one group is already finished, and team in 3rd place has three points. For you to go out, you'd have to lose, and four teams in four remaining groups would all have to finish with 4 points and beat you by goal difference.

I think we'll see a lot more backup squads playing in final games of group stages. Injury/booking prevention and what not. The new Euro formula is ****** that way, they wanted to eliminate pointless games in the last round, but instead we'll have a lot of B squads playing.

I understand the odd change like bringing in Sturridge/Vardy but changing the whole midfield/forwards (apart from Dier/Lallana) and both fullbacks is madness.

Wait! You're now questioning Zelda?

I thought you were the rah rah leader for getting behind him and his team? :P.

He's doing the right thing, tbh. The odds of going out with 4 points are astronomically low, since one group is already finished, and team in 3rd place has three points. For you to go out, you'd have to lose, and four teams in four remaining groups would all have to finish with 4 points and beat you by goal difference.

I think we'll see a lot more backup squads playing in final games of group stages. Injury/booking prevention and what not. The new Euro formula is ****** that way, they wanted to eliminate pointless games in the last round, but instead we'll have a lot of B squads playing.

Ok I understand the chances are slim but even risking not winning the group you may be facing a team like Germany/Spain instead of someone like Albania realistically if we finish second.

It's just odd to me that he has changed so much of this team, the defence especially needs as much time to gel together as possible and changing fullbacks for me is just too much. Plus they haven't really been tested defensively so far against Russia and Wales.

I didn't think there was a worse team than Russia in France but Slovakia might just be that team. They offered absolutely nottin' that first half.

Only yourselves to blame if you don't win this group.

Henderson, Sturridge, Wilshere and Bertrand have been beyond awful. They way the commentary team is talking making out we are 3-0 up and creating chances for fun. Think we have been pretty average tbh.

I didn't think there was a worse team than Russia in France but Slovakia might just be that team. They offered absolutely nottin' that first half.

If we don't win this group it an embarrassment tbh. And Roy making so many changes is looking like a mistake. Wilshere and Henderson have killed our midfield imo. If we don't score soon he will have to bring on Alli and Rooney. Vardy and Clyne best players.

Was always going to be this kind of performance with the amount of changes. The problem is you get the club understanding between Dier, Alli, Kane, Walker amd Rose. Which tactically is a great weapon. Take that out and you get this kind of performance. Just scrape a 1-0 win the group and go again in the next round with the proper team is the best we can hope for. Henderson and Wilshere looking well short and match fitness too.

Well like I said, if you close down Hamsik you basically killed our whole midfield. Kucka has been absolutely terrible this whole tournament. I dunno what he offers, he's lazy going back, has like no tackles, no creativity or pace or anything going forward... I don't understand how he can play for Milan, shows how deep has Milan dropped.

Henderson, Sturridge, Wilshere and Bertrand have been beyond awful. They way the commentary team is talking making out we are 3-0 up and creating chances for fun. Think we have been pretty average tbh.

Harsh on Hendo. His passing has been brilliant and he's created a couple of chances.

Wilshere agree.

I'm happy seeing the Liverpool players combine well down the right.

Back