England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
would rather thay beg roy to come back than give it to ******* klinsmann

Roberto Mancini in contention as well. Thoughts?

Lol. That is all. Even though he's a decent manager I swear we seem to be scraping the barrel, then again I suppose the England job is a poisoned chalice.

Lol. That is all. Even though he's a decent manager I swear we seem to be scraping the barrel, then again I suppose the England job is a poisoned chalice.

There simply are no world-class managers available at the moment. I think Mancini will be a good choice. Multiple league winner. Top player in his time. Knows England well.

There simply are no world-class managers available at the moment. I think Mancini will be a good choice. Multiple league winner. Top player in his time. Knows England well.

I'd prefer Pellegrini over Mancini, surprised his name hasn't come up.

Can't do much better than Mancini out of who's currently available.

Harsh to say the least, I think the guy done a remarkable job with USA in World Cup Brazil. Haven't watched much after but he suddenly had an impact on German national team as well.

Klinsmann is a 100% fraud. His exploits at Bayern would make Tim Sherwood look like sir Bobby Robson reborn.

Anything of note with the Germany national team was done by Loew who was his assistant and the actual brain of the entire operation. Klinsmann was just a media face.

Pelligerini and Mancini are certainly better options than any English manager out there

And how do the likes of Howe progress if you're gonna' turn to the foreign option?

Each to their own, and you're not alone. but a foreign manager in charge of the English National team is bush-league.

It's a second rate move and a sign of just what England has become.

The England team would be better off with me in charge than Klinsmann, its not going to happen but still want Eddie Howe.

The England team would be better off with me in charge than Klinsmann, its not going to happen but still want Eddie Howe.

If the FA don't even approach him it's to England's detriment IMHO.

Just WTF have they got to loose? They've tried experienced. They've tried foreign. They've tried ex-players. All have failed miserably.

And yet they're contemplating going down one of those failed routes yet again?

What's the definition of madness?

Last edited:
And how do the likes of Howe progress if you're gonna' turn to the foreign option?

Each to their own, and you're not alone. but a foreign manager in charge of the English National team is bush-league.

It's a second rate move and a sign of just what England has become.

The England managerial job is not to help someone progress and become a better manager. Its for those who are already good managers.

Also I never understood this pseudo-nationalism when it came to England managers job. Nothing about English football is 'English' anymore except for geography. Owners, fans, managers and players are all largely foreign now. If you have two world-class managers and one is english, I will take the english one but the english options out there are terrible.

Speak for yourself Scouse, would you like it if Liverpool only hired managers from the city itself ignoring vastly superior foreign options?

Just WTF have they got to loose? They've tried experienced. They've tried foreign. They've tried ex-players. All have failed miserably.

And they tried english with Hodgson and failed miserably as well. Your point being?

The reason why foreign or english managers have failed is not due to their nationality per se anyways. No idea why that should be used a primary factor for choosing a manager especially when the English ones are so sparse.

I like Howe but, would actually be surprised if he took the job even if he was approached as he seems to love Bournemouth and probably doesn't want to leave them after all he has achieved there.

And the England job could kill his career if he does badly in it and he may not want to risk everything on doing well in the England job

Please, take Mancini. Can't wait for my Inter to get rid of that fraud.

And they tried english with Hodgson and failed miserably as well. Your point being? ....

The one you continually skip over. The same point of Epics you don't agree with. It can't get any worse so what is there to lose?

The one you continually skip over. The same point of Epics you don't agree with. It can't get any worse so what is there to lose?

I don't understand that at all. Since we are already so ****, lets appoint a sub-par manager instead? Also what about all my points that you are skipping over mate?

I don't understand that at all. Since we are already so ****, lets appoint a sub-par manager instead? Also what about all my points that you are skipping over mate?

Prey tell what I'm skipping over? You say there's no English manager better than foreign options. I say what have you got to lose when you've had no success going down that road? You don't agree that the English National team manager should be English. My views on which I've made quite clear since you went out of the Euro's and you've answered. Yet you now want them answering again? What else would you like answered? And do I need to back up with 'facts?' Just in case you go off on another rant at some point in the future with absolutely no substance you can reference back to when repeatedly asked?

Or shall we just agree that we disagree on this?

I am not sure how Howe would be supbar in all honesty, I mean lets go back through our previous managers, (not googling t depressing going off my memory so if I am innacurate feel free to correct me)

Roy - out of the group stages of a world cup and last 16 of a euros knocked out by Iceland in which failing to win the group cost us big time

Capello - Authoritarian, Draconian manager who players hated, widely regarded upon appointment as the saviour and would get the best out of this group of players. Abysmal world cup campaign in which he tired out the plyers last 16 ( I think)

McLaren - do I even need to go there?

Sven - good old sven when his wife wasn't in the news for fighting for her love rat man he took us to a steady last 16 in a few comps, football was absolutely dire tho and he wasted Scholes to accommodate the Lampard/Gerrard midfield combo.

Cannot even remember who was coach previous to that was it Keegan who imploded spectacularly? I think so not 100% then peter taylor caretaker who made becks captain?

Anyway I am not sure how Eddie Howe who has taken an unfancied Bournemouth team through the leagues (barring his **** spell at Burnley in the middle) would be a step backwards, last season they played some of the best football to watch and also most importantly he gives youth a chance. Which I think above all is what people want to see, young players/in form players getting a shot (re Drinkwater) and also good football.

No more caps for the boys and no more FA yes men, I mean its all well good having some big name in charge but Icelands manager was a part time dentist, Chris Coleman also with Wales what the actual **** has he done in club football? Jogi Lowe was Klinsmanns assistant wasn't he? not sure of his club pedigree, Deschamps of France aint some big time manager, Portugals manager the same.

Big name and so called big time manager does not always equate success especially in national team, I would love Howe to get the job and have some experience heads around him and also keep Neville in the team too.

The problem with England is that someone needs to take the job by the ******* balls and say right this is how we play, pretty much what Bielsa did for Chile, we lack a national identity and we need to stick to our strengths which is we can run all day and play fast high octane football. Until someone comes in and gives us a national identity as a team we will do fuckall. I have said it for ages England as a national team lack national identity.

we need to stick to our strengths which is we can run all day and play fast high octane football.

That's not really true anymore, though. Back in the day, the 96' team could run anybody off the pitch bleeding. But the world has caught up long ago, and every serious team can keep up with England. Prem not having winter break certainly doesn't help your players recover, either.

Anyhow, this randomly poped on YouTube, and I think it was spot on.

[video=youtube;Omvdd1N4rTQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Omvdd1N4rTQ[/video]

Back