England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
FFS big Sam just been confirmed on SSN to have a meeting in the coming days for the England job. Well **** me sideways, what's the obsession with have an English manager? We will continue to be laughing stocks at tournaments and the FA are a joke. I'm sure they said they would appoint the best manager possible for the job. :(

Baffles me as well but some people will just insist on an English manager for no rhyme or reason

Out of all the people linked with the England job, with the exception of Howe who I think should wait but would take instantly, I would say Allardyce is the best choice. He turned around a Sunderland side who were worse than Villa before he took over and they only lost 1 of the last 11 games they played and as Portugal showed in an international tournament you just have to avoid losing and you have a chance. If he can tighten up England's defence he could do well. I would also guess he would be more willing to give players from "smaller" teams a shot more than other managers might

The only sensible choice if they were to hire an englishman.

I give up now on England, seriously from Hodgson to ******* Allardyce. What a laughing stock we are.

looks like big sam is getting the job, said Howe at first but since Bielsa was available after leaving Lazio feel he should have got the gig even just for the lolz

I give up now on England, seriously from Hodgson to ******* Allardyce. What a laughing stock we are.

The evolution of the England manager. From The Hodge to Allardyce. From absolutely clueless to 'football? We aint' playing no stinking football!'

Talking about setting the National team back YEARS!

On the plus side like he might leave L'pool players alone as he ******* hates us for some reason.

Although his football is less than pleasing on the eye, you have to remember he knows how to set up a team. Also, he has never been involved in relegation from the the Premier League-and you have to see what he did with a very poor Sunderland side to keep them in the Premier League. Can manage players ego's aswell which is important these days so if a player causes unrest in the locker room-he'd better watch his back. And importantly he wouldn't jeapordise the health of a player either.

Also can get 110% out of a player and knows how to play to peoples strengths. He's smart, very intelligent and takes no **** from the press. Personally, I think this could be a shrewd appointment. To be honest it doesn't matter who the FA appoint-there's always going to be fans who are unhappy.

The evolution of the England manager. From The Hodge to Allardyce. From absolutely clueless to 'football? We aint' playing no stinking football!'

On the plus side like he might leave L'pool players alone as he ******* hates us for some reason.

For me this whole shambles was started as soon as the F.A had a priority to look for an English manager as priority, ok there was Klinsmann in the frame but he was the only foreigner they really even bothered with. Unless you count Wenger which was never going to happen at this moment. If we think we're going to progress in any meaningful way under Allardyce we are deluded.

They even interviewed Steve ******* Bruce LOL, yet didn't consider someone like Mark Hughes, there is no logic to their search process.

I don't care about pretty football, I care about results. I'm not sure if we'll win anything under Big Sam, but I'm confident we'll put up much more of a fight in tournaments and not go out with a whimper. He has my support. Also means Sunderland will probably go down, which will please a lot of United fans.

well every 1 does so no bigge there lol^^)

I don't care about pretty football, I care about results. I'm not sure if we'll win anything under Big Sam, but I'm confident we'll put up much more of a fight in tournaments and not go out with a whimper. He has my support. Also means Sunderland will probably go down, which will please a lot of United fans.

I'll get behind him, but it's not the way I wanted to see the England football team going. I wanted to see us freshen things up, give a younger manager a chance to invoke his energy and new ideas to the players. I really wanted Howe to get it.

For me this whole shambles was started as soon as the F.A had a priority to look for an English manager as priority, ok there was Klinsmann in the frame but he was the only foreigner they really even bothered with. Unless you count Wenger which was never going to happen at this moment. If we think we're going to progress in any meaningful way under Allardyce we are deluded.

They even interviewed Steve ******* Bruce LOL, yet didn't consider someone like Mark Hughes, there is no logic to their search process.

To be fair he's just perfect to motivate a bunch of yard dogs to scrap in a relegation batt ...... Ahhhhhhh. Spotted my flaw there.

Boothroyd with the U-19's isn't much better like. Watching that tournament for Ojo (semi tomorrow evening verses Italy), but I have absolutely NO idea how they've won all 3 group games. They've been real poor every game on the whole.

To be fair he's just perfect to motivate a bunch of yard dogs to scrap in a relegation batt ...... Ahhhhhhh. Spotted my flaw there.

Boothroyd with the U-19's isn't much better like. Watching that tournament for Ojo (semi tomorrow evening verses Italy), but I have absolutely NO idea how they've won all 3 group games. They've been real poor every game on the whole.
he might be geting fed up with doing it every seson and thought **** it ill take the england job

I'll get behind him, but it's not the way I wanted to see the England football team going. I wanted to see us freshen things up, give a younger manager a chance to invoke his energy and new ideas to the players. I really wanted Howe to get it.

Howe didn't want the job according to The Mirror.

Back