England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
My prediction for his first presser

It’s the proudest day of my life taking the Engand managersjob, I knew if I kept achieving mediocrity one of the biggest jobs would becomeavailable and they would run out of suitable candidates and they would have to pick me by default.

The hard work begins now though, we need to buckle down fuckall this tippy tappy bullshit, **** your 4-2-3-1, you can stick your 4-3-3 upyour ****, we need to get back to four four ******* two, biig un and a little un and make sure we clear our lines. I don’t want to see no 5 yard passesfucking Xavi and Iniesta’s I’ve **** em. Kick it long onto Andy Carrolls nogginand everything will be fine.

Allardyce is a good manager he took Bolton from the second division to fifth pace and you hard pressed to say that he failed with any of the teams he has managed so I'm happy enough with the appointment

What does it matter if h plays archaic football or not. Big Sam gets the job done, isn't that the whole point?

Happy with this appointment.

We've had managers in the past such as Capello who are proven winning managers but mounted to jack when being in charge of England.

Big Sam certainly won't demand anything less than a 100% and will not pick players based on reputation and not form (Wilshere over Drinkwater a prime example)

Well done FA.

A very interesting stat from footie365

‘Look at Sven Goran Eriksson, look at Fabio Capello, terrific CVs but what success did they bring to England?’ – Peter Reid.
Well, Eriksson is the only England manager to lead us to three successive quarter-finals at major tournaments, and Capello has the highest win percentage of any England manager in history.

You’re welcome.

Odd how Reid didn’t mention the fella who came between those managers. Why could that be?

‘Look at Sven Goran Eriksson, look at Fabio Capello, terrific CVs but what success did they bring to England?’ – Peter Reid.
Well, Eriksson is the only England manager to lead us to three successive quarter-finals at major tournaments, and Capello has the highest win percentage of any England manager in history.

You’re welcome.

Odd how Reid didn’t mention the fella who came between those managers. Why could that be?

What did they win though ;)

What did they win though ;)

Well, in reaction to all the crappy managers that have been bandied about recently just because they are English, culminating in "big headed" Sam getting the job:

What did Allardyce/Bruce/Dyche/Hoddle etc EVER DO LET ALONE WIN AS MANAGERS?!!

More from footie365 in reaction to Shearer's "wise" words:

We know we should probably leave Alan Shearer’s column right there but since when has Mediawatch known when to walk away from utter sh*t without first walking it all over the house?
‘There has always been criticism of Sam’s style of play. But the way I see it, football is about winning and he plays to win – however it needs to be done.’
Which would be fine if we were talking about Jose Mourinho (who wins a lot of games) and not Sam Allardyce (who really doesn’t).
A quick run-down of the win percentages of a manager who ‘plays to win – however it needs to be done’:

Preston: 25%
Blackpool: 43.1%
Notts County: 38.6%
Bolton: 41.2%
Newcastle: 33.3%
Blackburn: 35.6%
West Ham: 37.6%
Sunderland: 29%

It strikes Mediawatch that ‘playing to win’ is not exactly the same as actually winning. And for anybody who wants to cite the calibre of the clubs managed by Allardyce in mitigation, we will point you towards the relevant numbers in Roy Hodgson’s history:
Blackburn: 35.5%
Fulham: 39.%
West Brom: 37%

Mediawatch is looking forward to a vast improvement. Obviously we will put up with the sh*t football if we get to win every third game.
‘When I played for Newcastle against Allardyce’s Bolton, you knew that to get something out of the game, you would really have to earn it.’
Like when your Newcastle side won 4-0 in 2001? Or when you won 3-1 in 2006? Shearer himself scored six goals in ten games against Allardyce’s Bolton so it obviously wasn’t that ****** hard.
This next nugget is particularly infuriating, and Shearer is not alone in this utterly baseless opinion delivered as fact:
‘There is no way England would have lost to Iceland at the Euros is Sam was in charge.’
A short list of clubs who beat West Ham in cup competitions during his four years in charge: Sheffield Wednesday, Aldershot Town, Wigan (4-1), Nottingham Forest (5-0), Sheffield United and West Brom (4-0).
You’re right, of course; an Allardyce side would never lose to Iceland.

You’re welcome.

hodgson has won of the best winning percentages for England managers and he achieved nothing. Look at Portugal in the euros won once in 90 minutes but won the whole thing. When you win matters more, no point winning every qualifier before losing the first knockout game

Not sure if anyone cares, but the dutch FA (KNVB) is a ******* joke, consider yourselves lucky ;)

Back