England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Even if we went with the "Chelsea" approach like they did against Barca/Bayern, if you concede one goal you are totally screwed because then you have to start playing anyway..... such a stupid way to play considering we have players like Rooney, Welbeck, Gerrard, Ox... not like we can't compete in an attacking sense.

I dont understand why you keep saying its a stupid way to play. Its a perfectly legible way to play and its a style which will give us a higher chance of success rather than playing a open, expansive style

Good tactic for the future but with our current squad, we should play a style of football that suits them and thats a compact, defensive counter-attacking style

The squad can play that style, i named players who can actually play it. Its actually quite similar to how United play

The squad can play that style, i named players who can actually play it. Its actually quite similar to how United play

Of course they can play it. But a defensive game suits them better

Of course they can play it. But a defensive game suits them better

That is also a defensive game, but with a much better abilty to relieve the pressure, and actually win.

That is also a defensive game, but with a much better abilty to relieve the pressure, and actually win.

Fair enough. As long as it is suited to the squad of players going to the Euro's

I agree that we have a better chance of winning if we play similar to how Chelsea did vs the better sides, providing we get through the group. We're going to be a bit f****** boring to watch then though aren't we...

I agree that we have a better chance of winning if we play similar to how Chelsea did vs the better sides, providing we get through the group. We're going to be a bit f****** boring to watch then though aren't we...

And in the likely chance we get dumped out early, it will be a horrible tournament, in which we learned nothing.

Who cares as long as we in. This season has told me that I much prefer to be a boring winner rather than an entertaining loser.

I cant say everyone shares my view, but I am pretty sure everyone will not complain if we go on to win the Euro's or something by playing boring football

Who cares as long as we in. This season has told me that I much prefer to be a boring winner rather than an entertaining loser.

I cant say everyone shares my view, but I am pretty sure everyone will not complain if we go on to win the Euro's or something by playing boring football

Yeah I know and I'll be one of the first to celebrate if we do win and play **** football to achieve it. Chelsea are one of about 8 domestic teams that all have much more quality than England though.

Yeah I know and I'll be one of the first to celebrate if we do win and play **** football to achieve it. Chelsea are one of about 8 domestic teams that all have much more quality than England though.

I disagree. Our squad is actually quite ****. Although in my opinion we are 3-4 signings away from being very good again. Yes I know that sounds weird but the 3-4 players we need to bring in are vital pieces in the puzzle.

But anyways the fact that Chelsea can win the CL with their weakest squad in the Roman era just proves that the best teams dont always win cup tournaments

Winning is a long shot, while we take nothing from the process.

You know you can have defensive solidarity without playing 10 men behind the ball though, right?

Same as me. Win regardless of the quality/style. Couldn't give a stuff. And also win fairly without having to resort to diving etc. Last thing I'd want is a tarnished win

Winning is a long shot, while we take nothing from the process.

Their is plenty of time to create an identity after the Euro's. Yes winning is a long shot but at least we put up a strong showing which is important rather than get massacred out of the group stages

You know you can have defensive solidarity without playing 10 men behind the ball though, right?

I agree with you again but due to the gulf in class between us and other countries, its what we might have to resort to in order to pick up a win

Whilst we are being realistic about the chances of England actually winning the European Championships, just remember what it was like back at the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany.

[video=youtube;hz5nFNjEZZM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz5nFNjEZZM[/video]

Their is plenty of time to create an identity after the Euro's. Yes winning is a long shot but at least we put up a strong showing which is important rather than get massacred out of the group stages

what strong showing, you assume it will work. so we get maybe to semi while playing dogs ear football that we wont play again. well done, wasted tournament.

what strong showing, you assume it will work. so we get maybe to semi while playing dogs ear football that we wont play again. well done, wasted tournament.

It has a higher chance of working than a attacking, expressive tactic. And what wasted tournament. Never realised we are supposed to use the Euro's to prepare for the World Cup. Plenty of time to put in place the tactic you suggest after the Euro's

It has a higher chance of working than a attacking, expressive tactic. And what wasted tournament. Never realised we are supposed to use the Euro's to prepare for the World Cup. Plenty of time to put in place the tactic you suggest after the Euro's

Again and again. Where does it have to be attacking?

Again and again. Where does it have to be attacking?

I honestly think we both confused ourselves. I agreed with the tactic you posted up as long as you think it suited our squad. My point later on was that we might have to be even more defensive if we want to grind out a win against a team like Germany or Spain. If we do face that is

Back