England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Why the **** is Robert Green starting... why has John Terry not been training with the squad, he never even played in the CL Final, serious lack of commitment by Terry, does not deserve a spot in this England team at all.

Why the **** is Robert Green starting... why has John Terry not been training with the squad, he never even played in the CL Final, serious lack of commitment by Terry, does not deserve a spot in this England team at all.

One thing you just cannot do is question Terry's commitment to England!!! Maybe it's Hodgson's choice to leave all the Chelsea based players out for this friendly. Terry's commitment have always been second to none at both club and international level.

One thing you just cannot do is question Terry's commitment to England!!! Maybe it's Hodgson's choice to leave all the Chelsea based players out for this friendly. Terry's commitment have always been second to none at both club and international level.

If I was an England player, 2 weeks ahead of the tournament, I would want to be with the England team, training with them, getting to know the new England manager and his methods. I just think it is a lack of commitment not to even be training when he never even played in the CL Final.

I think Hodgson is going to set up with a 4-4-2 tomorrow, with Carroll starting and he has not named the 'secondary striker' who will play. He mentions about a 'secondary striker' with Andy Carroll in his Sky Sports press conference.

So looks like he will probably not be playing a 4-2-3-1 :(

If I was an England player, 2 weeks ahead of the tournament, I would want to be with the England team, training with them, getting to know the new England manager and his methods. I just think it is a lack of commitment not to even be training when he never even played in the CL Final.

Terry is still probably ******!!! I know i nearly am. Like i say it would have been the managers decision not Terry's, it's just another reason to knock him.

I think Hodgson is going to set up with a 4-4-2 tomorrow, with Carroll starting and he has not named the 'secondary striker' who will play. He mentions about a 'secondary striker' with Andy Carroll in his Sky Sports press conference.

So looks like he will probably not be playing a 4-2-3-1 :(

Interesting... actually, sounds like he could be looking to play a 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1. For example, Rooney or Gerrard could both be described as 'second strikers'.

Interesting... actually, sounds like he could be looking to play a 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1. For example, Rooney or Gerrard could both be described as 'second strikers'.
Will need second str if carrol starting! Really dont rate him at all.

Will need second str if carrol starting! Really dont rate him at all.

He was brilliant for a few months at newcastle, shame that his form dropped so dramatically... Hopefully he'll play well for England.

Tbh I'd like to see Carroll start. Besides-it's a friendly. And IMO his form definately improved in the remainder of the season, and even before that showed glimpses in quality with the linkup play between him and Suarez.

He was brilliant for a few months at newcastle, shame that his form dropped so dramatically... Hopefully he'll play well for England.
Was ok at newcastle for abit but was way over hiped imo. dont think he can play loan str tbh not mobile enough.

Except, if you had picked Carrick, you would have a defintive system for the counter. Diagonal ball to your breaking wingers and forward, while being defensively solid. There is no English mid better than him at doing that. Also again doesnt mean you have to play Cahill or Terry, Jags and Lescott again perfectly capable of doing that.

Wah wah wah. He's not in the squad. Deal with it. I'd rather have Barry anyway.

Wah wah wah. He's not in the squad. Deal with it. I'd rather have Barry anyway.

...which just goes to show how ridiculously outdated we are as a nation. Why, pray tell, would you rather the mighty Gareth Barry than Carrick?

...which just goes to show how ridiculously outdated we are as a nation. Why, pray tell, would you rather the mighty Gareth Barry than Carrick?

Because, for some reason, Liverpool fans seem to hate England, so want us to pick **** players over decent ones.

I guess.

For the same reason red tops sell so well. Some people just don't know enough to know any better. Norway will be interesting viewing tomorrow night, not expecting much so may get pleasantly surprised

Also, I am pretty sure I already told Mike to stop moaning about Carrick a few days ago, so that point's also outdated/void.

So, in other words.

'High Five Tezz'

Also, I am pretty sure I already told Mike to stop moaning about Carrick a few days ago, so that point's also outdated/void.
Yeah but I'm bitter and refuse to let it go :( we had this discussion.

Yeah but I'm bitter and refuse to let it go :( we had this discussion.

Not as bad as some of the Toon fans I have seen asking for Danny Simpson to be in the England squad!

We call him the 'Estate Agent' as he always lets people go inside.

Back