England Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4K
  • Views Views 377K
Yeah but I'm bitter and refuse to let it go :( we had this discussion.

Some of my friends actually threatened to hurt me after I went through the entire list of Euro 2012 nations and pointed out the Carrick equivalent of each nation.

Some of my friends actually threatened to hurt me after I went through the entire list of Euro 2012 nations and pointed out the Carrick equivalent of each nation.

Haha. On a final note, its not about Carrick being a United player. I dont give a **** about club colours when it comes to England. I'd be just as bitter if he played for Chelsea etc.

Can Gerrard and Lamps play together: attempt 38.

Haha. On a final note, its not about Carrick being a United player. I dont give a **** about club colours when it comes to England. I'd be just as bitter if he played for Chelsea etc.

Most countries are looking 20 years ahead. We've looked 40 years into the past instead. Which isn't a totally bad thing because at least it skips most of Hughes' ideas, but year zero for us is now 1976. Fun stuff. Do wonder just how Gerrard and Parker are going to function together. Stuff of nightmares at club level.

According to the times: Hodgson said in this weeks training " Five passes across the back- max- and then get it forward... I'm not interested in how long you can keep it for"...

Very unhappy about this revelation. I totally understand why theres no Carrick in the squad now, why would you need a player who can pass the ball in the middle, if your going to hoof it up the pitch from the back to carrol...

Last edited:
According to the times: Hodgson said in this weeks training " Five passes across the back- max- and then get it forward... I'm not interested in how long you can keep it for"...

Very unhappy about this revelation. I totally understand why theres no Carrick in the squad now, why would you need a player who can pass the ball in the middle, if your going to hoof it up the pitch from the back to carrol...

if you see what Roy said when asked about this, he said that he was working on the defense training. he wanted the defence to give the ball away so he could work on the defending. Was nothing to do with him wanting to play long ball football. Just defensive training.

Its cause it was an open training session and someone who was in the media heard it and blew it out of all proportion

go to about 4:00 on this video: Hodgson press conference | Sky Sports | Video | Football

if you see what Roy said when asked about this, he said that he was working on the defense training. he wanted the defence to give the ball away so he could work on the defending. Was nothing to do with him wanting to play long ball football. Just defensive training.

Its cause it was an open training session and someone who was in the media heard it and blew it out of all proportion

go to about 4:00 on this video: Hodgson press conference | Sky Sports | Video | Football

Well, hopefully it has been blown out of proportion. I don't expect the side to keep the ball like Barcelona after the short time he's been in charge, just don't want a regression to kicking it long to the big lad up front.

This presumably is not the same Hodgson as the one who would scream from the touchline at Liverpool, "Daniel, Daniel, Danieeeeeeeeeeeeeel! Just ******* hoof it!"?

This presumably is not the same Hodgson as the one who would scream from the touchline at Liverpool, "Daniel, Daniel, Danieeeeeeeeeeeeeel! Just ******* hoof it!"?

In all fairness, he has got West Brom/Fulham playing cracking stuff, give the guy a chance, considering it had to be 'English' he was pretty much the best choice.

ahhh the reaction I got when I said Carrick was the closest thing we have to Xavi (admittedly alonso would have been a better comparison). My favourite reaction was "That's like saying Downing is our version of Sanchez". good times

ahhh the reaction I got when I said Carrick was the closest thing we have to Xavi (admittedly alonso would have been a better comparison). My favourite reaction was "That's like saying Downing is our version of Sanchez". good times

Comparing Walcott to Sanchez would be fairer.

Green; Jones Jagielka Lescott Baines; Milner Parker Gerrard Downing; Young; Carroll

Downing continues to defy all and start.

Green; Jones Jagielka Lescott Baines; Milner Parker Gerrard Downing; Young; Carroll

Downing continues to defy all and start.
so players on the backup list are also playing? Can they go, even if there's no one injured for them to replace! Come on Jagielka!

Why is Robert Green starting, woul rather see the young lad or more importantly our number 1, Joe Hart.

Still clueless how Downing is anywhere near this England team, although he is usually better for England than he is for Liverpool, but not hard to beat really.

Downing is clearly playing because Carroll is, and also because he will work hard and defend - much like Milner on the other flank

All England needs now is for one player to get injured and Jordan Henderson be called in in his place. That way England's hopes are with the Liverpool players.

To be honest, replace Green with Hart, replace Jones with Richards, replace Milner with Carrick and put Gerrard behind Carroll, replace Downing with Walcott, and that team is decent. If you replace four players that is..

All England needs now is for one player to get injured and Jordan Henderson be called in in his place. That way England's hopes are with the Liverpool players.
and our very little hopes of doing well will decrease even further :)

The first eleven won't be anything like this first game in the Euro's, Gerrard will be further up as well.

And that is why Downing has no assists this season.. :P

Back